Crane Board Siding?

Old 12-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: Construction and Remodeling
Rewards Points: 2,216

Crane Board Siding?

Hey guys I got a customer really interested in Crane's crane board insulated siding for his house. What do you guys think of it? Can you guys give me some info on it? I have never seen or used it even around here the closest distributer is 20 miles away.

Thanks, Dave

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 12-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: windows-siding
Rewards Points: 500

Re: Crane Board Siding?

goes up just like any other siding. i use it all the time,although i use certainteeds version. remember,this type of siding requires a 1 1/4" J-channel. so using extra trim pieces could pose a challenge;somewhat of a challenge. its easy to install and i love it.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Siding, Windows, Seamless Gutters, Metal Roofing
Rewards Points: 2,298

certainteed cedar boards or mastic structure look better. The crane board is a triple and quadruple panel so the seams look really bad.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Construction and Remodeling
Rewards Points: 2,216

Thanks guys for the input. Patrick, thats the only thing that I was thinking about. I'm meeting with the guy this week so we'll see what he wants to do.

thanks, Dave