How To Get General Contactors License In Arkansas

Old 03-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #1

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 10

How To Get General Contactors License In Arkansas

Hello, I am new to this site, we are in the commerical lawncare business in Arkansas, we have gotten into buying and renting homes some require some remodeling work, we are currently remodeling a burn out house and have the idea in mind of selling it when we get finished, then maybe build some duplex apartments after our Lawncare season is over and wondering if I need some license for what I am doing, I have a guy that lays all my flooring and we have talked about joining together as partners and build some homes for resale we both no we will need contractors license for this and this is just talk right now, we are wanting to know how to apply or what we need to do the obtain this license. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim

TC Lawncare
Osceola, Arkansas 72370

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 03-19-2006, 08:17 AM   #2

Trade: Carpentry

Re: How To Get General Contactors License In Arkansas

wow small world i live in arkansas. I work as a finish carpenter in the conway little rock area I live in morrilton so i get to travel i bet you know how that is. anyways i have flirted with the idea of getting my gc license and have found a few resource sites here i one i believe might help you guys out some.
contractors-license.org
i left the www part out so it will let me post it on here its not a link so you will have to type it. it wont let me post a link as i have not had enough posts
on this site for some reason. anyways the site has some good info on all the states and AR is on there a well. I hope it will be of some use to you and your
partner, I hope we can keep in touch on here maybe I could trim a few of your houses for you if you guys didnt do that yourselves or something take it easy
Josh Cash

Old 03-19-2006, 10:37 PM   #3

Trade: Remodeling

Hello Josh,

Thanks for you info. we will reserch it, I was in Conway this weekend, I have a uncle that lives there, it is a growing place for sure, I am not sure if this partner thing is going to work, I have been doing just fine on my own, he is the one with the most experience in the field but I am learning and if I dont know how or dont have time I hire it done, so maybe if you get over this way you can do some trim work for me, I have never trimmed out one yet but would like to learn.

Thanks Tim
Old 01-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
Confidence of Quality

Trade: Metal Roofing/Framing/Remodeling
Rewards Points: 25

The contractors liscensing board is located behind Home Depot off Mccain in north Little Rock, just show up there with 35$ and buy a book to study. I would just say get it online but they will be able to give you a lot of additional information to help. There are mostly questions about taxes and workers compensation. hope I have helped.