Superbuild.com

Old 02-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #1

Trade: Remodeling/Painting
Rewards Points: 75
Send a message via MSN to Redman

Superbuild.com

Has anyone used this site for estimating and construction manament. I just got my free membership and did a few estimates and the software is the best I have ever used. I gives you average prices for your job based on the zip code. I did one estimate and i was with in $50 of my paper estimate. its free untill june then its 20/per month. just wanted to see if anyone is using this site.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 02-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
Mod / ArchiBuilder

Trade: Design/Build Outdoor Living
Rewards Points: 2,070

Re: Superbuild.com

Never heard of it.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:08 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Residential Remodeling
Rewards Points: 250

Redman - I just checked out the site. I can't find anything I don't like about it other than not having everything in one location (trying to use Quickbooks to store all my info).

I'm going to check it out. Free subscription until June? Why not? I hope their support lines and customer service are as good and easy to work with as they claim the site is.

They are out of Wisconsin too I saw. All the better if things don't work out and you need to travel to strangle customer service!

Thanks for the link.

mark
Old 03-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: Residential Remodeling
Rewards Points: 250

Redman - any new thoughts on the site? I got on and started entering some info. I like how it is set up so far.

mark
Old 03-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #5

Trade: Remodeling/Painting
Rewards Points: 75
Send a message via MSN to Redman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhaus View Post
Redman - any new thoughts on the site? I got on and started entering some info. I like how it is set up so far.

mark
Mark, Just started my second job in SB so far it very nice to have base prices populated in the estimate and you compare prices right in your estimate. Not to mention that all your stuff is only and you can get to it from any pc. I was wondering if you guys that have those blackberry type phone could use this site right from your phone. I would have to think that would be awsome. You could have access to every job right in your pocket 24/7. I going to try it out tell they start charging but I assume that the software get better by the day so it worth the 20 bucks/ month.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
New Guy

Trade: pro carpenter
Rewards Points: 10

i have a question about estimating with this. I am currently estimating a roof which is really easy on paper but thought i would try this. In the estimating process do i enter what it costs me to do the job and then just allow program to mark up. Like say if i charge $%# a square for roofing is this what i enter and if so why does it mark it up again? when i hit the proposal button
Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #7

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 10

I have been using Superbuild for more than a year to do most of our bids. I like the program alot, although i usually still write up the actual quote on company letterhead. Also, i don't necessarily always go with the numbers it gives.
As for markup, you set how that will be done in the Job Info section.