Acrylic Tub Scratches-How To Fix?

Old 02-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
Interior Remodeling

Trade: Interior Remodeling
Rewards Points: 548

Acrylic Tub Scratches-How To Fix?

I am doing a small bathroom remodel where we are putting in a BainUltra jet tub. It is an acrylic fiberglass unit. On the bottom of it there are some slight scuffs and scratches in it. Is there anyway to buff or polish them out? If so what should I use?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 02-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
Insert title

Trade: Doors-Windows-Decks
Rewards Points: 2,000

Re: Acrylic Tub Scratches-How To Fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric K View Post
I am doing a small bathroom remodel where we are putting in a BainUltra jet tub. It is an acrylic fiberglass unit. On the bottom of it there are some slight scuffs and scratches in it. Is there anyway to buff or polish them out? If so what should I use?
There are companies that service the home centers fixing scratches and their work is perfect. A few years ago one of my helpers messed up a new tub/shower unit and we tried to fix it with no luck. I called one of the home centers, got the number for the fix it man and for small money had it repaired. The repair was perfect if not I would of been buying a new unit.