Seo

Old 07-25-2017, 08:01 PM   #1

Trade: Residential Renovation

Seo

Looking to build a new website as well as SEO. I don't know much about SEO I am searching for a reputable company. It seems everybody is giving me the same pitch. I am not sure I want to spend $2500 a month on SEO. Is it worth it? Is it really necessary to spend that amount monthly to grow business? Can anybody recommend an SEO and web development company? Any help is appreciated!!
The Following User Says Thank You to blbranch63 For This Useful Post:
kodie (08-05-2017)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 4,422

Re: Seo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blbranch63 View Post
Looking to build a new website as well as SEO. I don't know much about SEO I am searching for a reputable company. It seems everybody is giving me the same pitch. I am not sure I want to spend $2500 a month on SEO. Is it worth it? Is it really necessary to spend that amount monthly to grow business? Can anybody recommend an SEO and web development company? Any help is appreciated!!
You dont need a seo quote until you see how your onpage pulls in the serps. O/C ****ty seo people will tank your on page to upsell you seo.

sites4contractors.com is who, whom I use. My phone rings, I have no headaches.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to JBM For This Useful Post:
kodie (08-05-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 08:18 PM   #3

Trade: Residential Renovation

I know nothing about SEO. I've contacted a few local SEO/web designers as well as some in other states. The cost is all over the place. I contacted sites4contractors through their web page haven't heard anything back yet. But it's only been a few days. Did they do a good job with your site? Do they do ongoing SEO? Are there fairly responsive with adding pictures or updated to your site?
The Following User Says Thank You to blbranch63 For This Useful Post:
kodie (08-05-2017)

Old 08-01-2017, 10:48 AM   #4

Trade: Plumber
Rewards Points: 30

SEO is definitely worth it in my experience. Think about it, top of the SERPs and you're the one getting all the business. Best find out where you're placed online first.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HotDawg For This Useful Post:
ddosix (08-05-2017), kodie (08-05-2017)
Old 08-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #5
New Guy

Trade: ex-Contractor turned Web Developer
Rewards Points: 32

http://www.***.com/

These guys are based out of Colombia but the owners lived in US/Canada most of their lives. Prices are great and they do high quality SEO work. They reply to email quite quickly and go out of their way to explain everything as well, even if you're just feeling them out. Worth getting in touch.

[Link removed by moderator]

Last edited by Tinstaafl; 08-05-2017 at 07:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoshOnTech For This Useful Post:
kodie (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 01:46 AM   #6
New Guy

Trade: Residential Rehab & Web/SEO Digital Marketing
Rewards Points: 96

Quote:
I can't see why you would need $2500 level SEO services. For one thing, if your clients are all local to you -- like in your own city or nearby suburbs -- you actual only need Local SEO. ie; the goal would be to get you on page 1 search results in your city, not Virginia or SE USA. If you are in a really competitive area with a lot of other remodelers investing heavily in their online visibility/digital marketing, then yes, it will cost more because you'll have to do more for longer to bump them off (off page 1, that is )

[warning: approaching shameless plug] So the first thing that I always do for a new client is find out what type of digital marketing their competitors are doing - I want to know how hard they are working to get their page ranking, what keywords they're focusing on. Then use that as a starting point to develop your own plan. We also confirm where you are ranking now and at what level your website is search engine optimized (mentioned earlier by JBM & HotDawg )

One of the things I don't like about many SEO and Website services is that if you stop paying monthly or break your contract, you're locked out or you lose everything that's been built. Online visibility builds strength over time -- the last thing you want to do is start over if you decide you don't want to stay with someone.

That's one thing I have always done differently -- I give you the 'keys' to everything I do for you so if for some reason we decide to part ways, or I got hit by a bus, everything we built online will stay there, and you'll have what you need to transition someone else to manage it - no hassles.

I actually just re-joined CT for help on a drywall project we're struggling with. I've been taking my beatings over there and thought I'd pop over here for some respite 'cuz this tech stuff is actually my niche. Since 2006, I've split by time between online marketing and residential investor rehabs.

But just generally speaking, if you want to brainstorm or have any questions about the web stuff, don't hesitate to ask -- I enjoy helping people with it. I know how it can be an overwhelming pita.

Last edited by kodie; 08-05-2017 at 02:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kodie For This Useful Post:
ddosix (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #7

Trade: Electrician
Rewards Points: 4

SEO is something you could dump 10k into and get bad results or put $1000 in and get great results. Tread lightly when choosing somebody. Also, SEO is taking longer and longer to see results - usually 3 months is enough for existing sites. I would split that budget between SEO and a site conversion expert to amplify the effect the SEO is doing.
The Following User Says Thank You to ddosix For This Useful Post:
kodie (08-05-2017)
Old 08-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #8
Pro

My opinion is that if the on page is right but people struggle with seo, acquiring links usually, it's because they are sending new links at old content. Why would google d respond to that, it's usually a clear indication of pay to play.

This brings us to why we link to our inner pages from our blog. Fresh pages goto old pages, new links goto new pages.

Your website isn't the only place you should be doing "seo" on....
Old 08-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #9
Pro

Quote:
I know nothing about SEO. I've contacted a few local SEO/web designers as well as some in other states. The cost is all over the place. I contacted sites4contractors through their web page haven't heard anything back yet. But it's only been a few days. Did they do a good job with your site? Do they do ongoing SEO? Are there fairly responsive with adding pictures or updated to your site?
Keep trying
Old 08-05-2017, 06:34 PM   #10
New Guy

Trade: Residential Rehab & Web/SEO Digital Marketing
Rewards Points: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddosix View Post
SEO is something you could dump 10k into and get bad results or put $1000 in and get great results. Tread lightly when choosing somebody. Also, SEO is taking longer and longer to see results - usually 3 months is enough for existing sites. I would split that budget between SEO and a site conversion expert to amplify the effect the SEO is doing.
Agreed. The only client I've had that didn't have at least some increased online search visibility by the 3rd mo. was a newbie real estate agent in a highly competitive suburb of a major metro area, with a severely limited budget.

If you know ahead of time you want both an SEO optimized website as well as local SEO, as indicated earlier, have someone do an onsite & offsite analysis for you first. They should then spend at least an hr. going over the results & recommendations with you - in layman's terms and with a general ROI*. Determine your goals, prioritize, develop your game plan. First start with your website optimization. Although there are things I do concurrently, the bulk of online visibility building will be off your website but link back to it - therefore, it's important that the site already be optimized.

*No one can or should give you any ranking/visibility guarantees when we have ZERO control over Google, Facebook, other search engines or social media platforms. An example of what I mean by mentioning ROI here is, a client might be really hot to bang on Twitter everyday to push their business - but I know for a fact by the initial analysis, their time will absolutely be better spent elsewhere. So I'll show him/her why I first recommend we take care of the ones most likely to give them a bump fairly quickly, swing back around and add more as time goes on.

Last edited by kodie; 08-05-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #11
Kitchen Cabinets NJ

Trade: Kitchen Cabinets
Rewards Points: 522

$2.500 seems a bit much. Is it per month? What do they offer? There are agencies that will manage the content on your website (including SEO) and your social media pages for less. You need to learn a bit about SEO in order to know what to expect and how much time is needed for results to show.

Advertisement