Improveit 360

Old 04-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #1

Trade: general contractor

Improveit 360

Hi There; We were told when we bought improveit 360 for our business that it would work on MAC computers. This was last November and we haven't been able to get it to work. Does anyone use this software and access it through MAC/ IPHONE's. It isn't so much accessing it that is the problem, it is using it and manipulating the data.

Super disappointed in this program, and it is costing us every month.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 04-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: internet contractor software and website education

Re: Improveit 360

I always wonder how people can get to this point or "super dissapointment". All us software companies traditionally give someone a free trial period to get started before making a commitment. Some disquise that as a Free Demo, and I am not implying that happened here. But could you explain how you made it to this point. I really do not know much about the company you are referencing since they may be new. What is more important is to understand who you are and came to be here so myself and others can learn about industry expectations, etc. Best wishes and sorry for your challenges,
Brian

Old 04-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #3

Well, I guess I got here because I was so clear that I needed this to work on a MAC and I was assured it would and did. (that sales guy is now fired). Because it was a web based program I was assured that it worked on Mac's, iphones no problem. The sales guy also said they had customers who use mac's. (a lie).

They offer a full money back guarantee so I wasn't too worried. But, found out after that the money back guarantee is after you have trashed them for a year in their periodic surveys and prove your are angry and you pay for the year and then you go through some process and then get the money back. I guess the biggest reason I trusted them was they were promoted by Qualified Remodeler.

I went through the demo's - there was nothing that would have indicated that it was a PC only program. (PS the base of the program is salesforce).

Here's hoping someone has used it on a mac and has some info.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #4

Trade: Deck Refinishing and Pressure Washing

I use improveit 360. This is an online based CRM system on the saleforce (used in many industries by big companies) servers as mentioned. Because it is online (no local saving of data) the question is not which type of computer but rather which browser. So, for Mac Safari should work because I access the system from my Ipad through Safari while on the road ect.... Very helpful. I also, have a nice Ipad dash mount from Proclip.com (next to the radio in my 08 f150). The iphone app is a simple interface to view appts. only not to "run" marketing task. However, if I remember correctly they are in the final stages of development for an app with in depth function. Since 90% of my leads are from Google I had them map my online estimate inquiry form to the salesforce server database. My online leads are auto generated into the system and a prospect created. I than can enter a sale and project ect..... and track the job. The Improveit 360 sales peeps are of the typical high pressure and take your money types but you will get GREAT tech and general support from the appropriate teams. Plus the system is well designed. I'm one of the few with an online form to lead automation set up but they will work it out for you (just ask) and I highly recommend this process for anyone with many internet leads. You will need a tech guy for some minor non-html programming. Montgomery County Maryland Pressure Washing

Carlton Cleans No pressure washer deck refinishing
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CarltonCleans For This Useful Post:
jasonhartfield (08-01-2012), seattlepainting (06-16-2013), Windy City (05-10-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
Renovation Pro

Trade: Remodeling

Im thinking about going with improve it 360. Any other feedback from users? Thanks.

Advanced Renovations
Old 05-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #6

I am still getting no response from the service team about working through the issues, they suggested I hire someone locally to make system modifications - unless you have a PC with windows and a blackberry- don't expect any support. They say they are going to call you in a day, week etc. they never do.

They say that you can put in historical information, and the files don't come up as you input.
The Following User Says Thank You to bonniehardy For This Useful Post:
Windy City (08-06-2012)
Old 05-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
Remodeling Contractor

Trade: Remodeling Contractor

Our company chose to go with MarketSharp after comparing the two programs.
http://www.marketsharp.com/products/marketsharp-m.php
The Following User Says Thank You to Magic Hammer For This Useful Post:
Windy City (05-18-2012)
Old 08-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #8

Trade: Software Developer

My name is Jason Hartfield and I am a senior software developer / manager for improveit! 360.

My attention was brought to this thread the other day and I felt compelled to comment on it, since when I first read it I began digging to see if there were some bugs in the system to be fixed. You see, I actually use a Mac about 50% of the time to develop the product on, so I am confident it works with Mac. In fact I am typing this response from my Mac.

To clear the air, our core product does in fact support Mac/Safari and we as a company support it.

We are built on the Salesforce platform, and Salesforce supports a limited integration between certain versions of Outlook and and their platform. It basically functions to sync up your Outlook calendar with the improveit! 360 calendar. I believe the problem Ms./Mrs. Hardy is having is not that the product itself does not work on a Mac, but that Outlook for Mac is not supported for this integration. The reason is that it is not supported by Salesforce and therefore we cannot support it either. (Since we don't actually control that piece).

We also have a Quickbooks integration (which we built) which will only work on a Windows PC and a tool for importing Do-Not-Call information that also only works on a Windows PC. For the time being, customers that need these tools will need at least one PC in the office to run them on. But everyone else can be on a Mac and do their day to day work.

I am sorry to hear that Bonnie has had such a negative experience. Most of our customer feedback indicates that support has been our strong suit. We are one of the few companies that actually give unlimited support and training. (AND _all_ of our support team lives in Columbus and speaks English as their first language!).

Last edited by jasonhartfield; 10-01-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
Renovation Pro

After about 40 plus hours of working with Improveit 360 I gave up. I could not get it to even the simplest of things. Its counter intuitive and cumbersome to say the least.

My first clue should have been the NO 30 day trial. Then when I asked the salesman to put a clause in the contract that would let me out after 30 days he said NO. It sounded like they didn't have much confidence in the software. I went ahead anyway.

I have asked for a refund 3 times. Even though it says on their website that there is a money back guarantee. The sales manger told me in no uncertain terms " I have never seen it happen".

Sure the technical support team was nice and helpful. I feel I spent way too much time on the phone with them. They even had comments during our conversation like... I know this seems a little complicated" or "it seems backwards but you'll get used to it"

So lets say I stuck it out and spend over 100 hours of my time figuring it out. Then I should try and teach my wife or employees? Forget about it. I signed up for a two year contract. I will think of improveit 360 every month for the next two years when they charge my card.

Ultimately, I signed the contract and I will pay it off. I would just hope other don't make the same mistake I did.

Advanced Renovations
Old 10-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #10

Trade: handyman

Can you give a quick list of how you're using the software. I started & found getting out of the starting gate pretty impossible & the package is cumberson, so I'm dumping it. After 1 hr setup, then 2 hours ... they still couldn't figure out how to create my email template which is ridiculous, and they say they file all emails sent but you have to read HTML and that makes what they're filling meaningless.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #11

Look for something much simpler & insist on 60 day trial.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #12

I'm about to tell them the product never worked and I'm not going to pay for it, and letters will go to CEO and credit card company. If I have to I can cancel the credit card but I've wasted 8-10 hours, and there are basics that just don't work ... will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
Im thinking about going with improve it 360. Any other feedback from users? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
After about 40 plus hours of working with Improveit 360 I gave up. I could not get it to even the simplest of things. Its counter intuitive and cumbersome to say the least.

My first clue should have been the NO 30 day trial. Then when I asked the salesman to put a clause in the contract that would let me out after 30 days he said NO. It sounded like they didn't have much confidence in the software. I went ahead anyway.

I have asked for a refund 3 times. Even though it says on their website that there is a money back guarantee. The sales manger told me in no uncertain terms " I have never seen it happen".

Sure the technical support team was nice and helpful. I feel I spent way too much time on the phone with them. They even had comments during our conversation like... I know this seems a little complicated" or "it seems backwards but you'll get used to it"

So lets say I stuck it out and spend over 100 hours of my time figuring it out. Then I should try and teach my wife or employees? Forget about it. I signed up for a two year contract. I will think of improveit 360 every month for the next two years when they charge my card.

Ultimately, I signed the contract and I will pay it off. I would just hope other don't make the same mistake I did.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
Renovation Pro

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have since moved to Wintac for managing my stuff. A little pricey but I am really liking it.

Good luck to you!

Advanced Renovations
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #14

We're starting to implement www.TopBuilderSolutions.com which is much, much easier than ImproveIt. There's very little needed to get started and you also get a monthly newsletter done for you, i.e. they create email (3) and newsletter templates for you, write the newsletter content and ... we're still learning about it's other features.