GPS For Your Company Vehicle

Old 10-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
New Guy

Trade: Home Remodeling
Rewards Points: 62

GPS For Your Company Vehicle

I'm looking for a good GPS that isn't an arm and a leg for monthly fees. Any ideas on where to find one? I have a company truck that I lend to my workers sometimes. I would like to keep track of my truck on where it's been and such. I could still use those mileages at the end of the year for my tax write off. I don't always remember to write the mileage down everytime someone takes off with it. I get busy and seem to forget a lot to do it.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
Mark

Trade: Marine Construction - Docks and Boat Lifts
Rewards Points: 300
Send a message via MSN to casey344

Re: GPS For Your Company Vehicle

I use the Live Trac G5 Vehicle Tracking from www.liveviewgps.net and it's $69/month for 2 vehicles. I have had them for a couple years and happy with them.

It's great for routing a service call to the closest truck and both of my vehicles are taken home. The GPS helps enforce the "to and from work only" policy we have with our employees. I can also monitor speeding, verify start/stop times etc.

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2017, 06:30 PM   #3
Contractor

Trade: Excavation, Foundation, Concrete
Rewards Points: 78

Re: GPS For Your Company Vehicle

I have a couple of units from GSTrackit.com and they work well as long as you don't let the machinery or vehicle set for a couple of weeks, it kills the battery.

Mine are $15/month per unit, plus the one time cost of the device, which I don't recall but around $200 each +/-.

www.gebcon.com