Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Work Order Terms and conditions

17K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Glasshousebltr 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I am looking for the specific wording to be used in my invoices or work orders under Terms and Conditions. I sell materials and installation services for residential and commercial clients; products: laminate, hardwood and sometimes tile floors. I got some samples from other stores, but I really want to hear our opinions (in this site) better. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

#4 ·
GENERAL PROVISIONS:
1. All work shall be completed in a work-man like manner and in compliance with all codes or other applicable laws.
2. To the extent required by law, all work shall be performed by individuals duly licensed and authorized by law to perform said work.
3. Contractor at its discretion may engage subcontractors to perform work hereunder, provided Contract shall fully pay said subcontractors and in all instances remain fully responsible for proper completion of this Contract.
4. All change orders will be in writing and signed by both Owner and Contractor, and shall be incorporated in, and become part of the Contract.
5. Contractor warrants it is accurately insured for injury to its employees and others incurring loss or injury as a result of Contractor, its employees or subcontractors.
6. Contractor shall at its own expense obtain all required permits necessary for the work to be performed.
7. Contractor agrees to remove all debris and leave premises in broom clean condition.
8. In the event Owner shall fail to pay any periodic or installment payment due hereunder, Contractor may cease work without penalty or breach of Contract pending payment or resolution of any dispute.
9. Contractor shall not be liable for any delays due to circumstances beyond reasonable control including but not limited to: strikes, weather delays, casualty, acts of God or nature, Fire nor arson, or general unavailability of materials.
10. Contractor warrants all work for a period of _(1) ONE YEAR_ following completion of Contract obligations.
11. Additional Terms and Conditions to be included with original Contract when applicable.

#5 ·
I just started using quickbooks for my business. I just have the simple start edition and i see a problem with the items on an invoice already. It doesnt seem to coordinate with construction services. It prompts you to enter an item before a description of work and this item isnt something to take lightly because it ties into your accounts. What I had to do was give a "very" basic item description of my services like Basic Hardware Adjustment = 15$ or Basic Install = 20$. I really dont like itemizing my invoices because its never the same and its just gives the customer something to quable about but QB simple start edition doesnt give you a choice.

Do you guys who use QB have the contractors edition? If so have they fixed this problem with that?

#6 · (Edited)
[/quote]What I had to do was give a "very" basic item description of my services like Basic Hardware Adjustment = 15$ or Basic Install = 20$. I really dont like itemizing my invoices.[/quote]

Then don't. Keep the work assessment detailed in your work, however scratch out the cost.

I don't use QB, so I don't know much about how it works. I'm assuming the work order autosums. Doesn't it have a hide function, if so, just hide the cost details. I do it in my contracts, not to be dishonest, but to keep homeowners from trying to pick me apart.

Thats a pretty outstanding set of provisions Purty.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.