What Are Some Good Places To Reach Out To Locally For More Business?

Old 05-15-2018, 09:26 PM   #1

Trade: Electrical
Rewards Points: 38

What Are Some Good Places To Reach Out To Locally For More Business?

Like Realtors, chamber of commerce, hotels. Or good places to leave business cards. I've had some good luck with local Facebook groups and hairdressers. Hooked up with a really good client through the latter.

Oh, crap this accidentally posted twice. Any way to delete one?

Last edited by wattsittoyou; 05-15-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2018, 09:45 PM   #2
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 1,214

Re: What Are Some Good Places To Reach Out To Locally For More Business?

supply houses, builders exchanges, news papers....

sponsor a softball team

or....

a kids soccer team...

Advertisement

Jaws (05-15-2018), wattsittoyou (05-16-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 10:58 PM   #3

Trade: Deck Building

I'm not sure your trade, but I have had good luck through my lumber supplier. Free, and works good for both the supplier and myself. I have also received a few leads from my insurance agent. Networking with other builders is another thing to consider.

I quit giving bids to realtors after 1 lady had me bid about 6 jobs, and never returned phone calls or emails after the proposal was sent (I'm guessing she was just using the numbers). I now tell her it's a $40 consolation fee, and she's moved on to the next guy.

You can advertise at churches, Cafes with bulletin boards, anywhere a customer might see it. A lot depends on the service you provide, and the type of customers you're going after. If youre installing high tech gadgets for smart homes, you probably don't want to spend much to advertise to the old folks at the local bridge club.

Some also depends on your time and commitment. Chamber of commerce might be a good place to network, but do you have time to meet every week at a different location (that's how ours works anyway).

Whatever you do, try to have the nicest looking advertisement when possible. I've had incredible results with a higher end, glossy door hangers. I've had multiple customers make comments about how the quality and attention to detail caught their eye. They then tell me about all the rolled up papers they get tucked in the handles, or flimsy hangers that tear when they try to remove them. Even if it helps sell 1 job, it paid for themselves. Same could be said for a bulletin board. Use a think premium cardstock with bold bright colors that are professionally printed, not a flyer printed on copy paper in black and white ink with little tear tabs.

Good luck. I'm in the same boat, and still trying to figure out what works. Please share your results if you have luck with something.
The Following User Says Thank You to HammerSwing For This Useful Post:
wattsittoyou (05-16-2018)

Old 05-15-2018, 11:23 PM   #4
The Sheriff

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 5,432

Home Builders Association

John
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaws For This Useful Post:
wattsittoyou (05-16-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 09:29 AM   #5
New Guy

Trade: Structural Glazing
Rewards Points: 46

I guess it depends if you have any budget, but you could look at online advertising on social media or with Google Adwords if you have a website?

Again, depends, but for example Facebook ads can be really targeted - you can set pretty much whatever budget you like, and set it so your ad only shows to people in your local area, with interests in whatever products/services you offer (or similar.)

Might be worth looking into?
Old 05-18-2018, 01:07 PM   #6

Trade: Electrical

These suggestions are A++

Advertisement