Virtual Construction Administrators

Old 11-25-2017, 04:37 AM   #1
Administrative

Trade: Administrative

Virtual Construction Administrators

I?ve been in the Construction industry as an office manager as well as the insurance industry in sales and claims for about 8 years total now. I?m also very technologically savvy and love working with Xactimate and BuilderTrend among others to work claims and job tracking, etc.

I?ve recently taken my skills and turned them into a business. I?ve seen contractors and project managers - who are smart and quick and amazing in the field and with job details, etc. turn into mush in front of a computer or when faced with new office technology and as a good Texan woman I just shake my head, smile, and say ?bless your heart?. I?ve also come into situations where office help has been so shoddy that it?s a clean up job before you can even make sense of what?s up with the files and paperwork and don?t even get me started on the finances.

I love helping contractors focus on their passion while I focus on mine and end up helping a really hard working person succeed in an area they otherwise wouldn?t have. Websites and social media sites and the whole nine yards.

Thoughts? Good idea/bad idea? Concerns, suggestions? I?m definitely moving forward with my Virtual Construction Administrator role and can see how this could scale quickly to support several employees potentially within a year.

I believe that contractors will be able to see the value in this proposition versus having to hire office staff... or at adding least exorbitant positions and paying full time wages when focused direction is all that?s needed. I?m VERY INTERESTED in feedback from all of you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VirtualCXAdmin For This Useful Post:
Rio (11-25-2017), SmallTownGuy (11-25-2017)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #2

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 34

Re: Virtual Construction Administrators

This seems like a really great business idea! I think one of your challenges with convincing people will be that the people who are generally in need of your services are those that are not computer savvy - so coming up with a product that caters to them will be a challenge.

Best of luck!

Advertisement

Old 11-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Custom
Rewards Points: 23,346

It sounds like it could fulfill a need... how would you charge for something like that?

Old 11-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #4
Administrative

Thanks cnstrctr! My thoughts are along that same line exactly which is great to know. Im being very mindful of how to keep it simple and will work to make Ease of Use a central focus!
Old 11-25-2017, 02:25 PM   #5
Administrative

Thanks KAP! I?m glad you think so - it was such a natural progression for me that Im surprised to find Virtual Administrators aren?t really ?a thing? but it feels so needed. I?m planning on charging by the hour and have my prices set up depending on what service I?m offering and have put them on my website and Facebook pages already. I really appreciate your feedback!
Old 11-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #6
Fire up the BBQ

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 18

IMPORTANT! Please read carefully as you have been sent this message for a terms of service violation! Failure to comply will result in your account being disabled.

Contractor Talk is designed to be a pros only community serving professional construction and remodeling contractors. Anyone who works as a professional contractor is welcome to join the site and participate in our forums. In addition to professional contractors we also allow Manufacturers, Vendors, and Service Providers who work with contractors or in the construction industry on a full time basis to join the site and join in the conversation. We do however require that they follow our Advertising Rules when doing so.

We value manufacturer, vendor, and service provider input on the site and appreciate when they can provide product support and answer questions for our members. We do however have mandatory requirements and restrictions for this type of member. Most notably, you MUST add yourself to the proper usergroup which can be found here:

http://www.contractortalk.com/profil...editusergroups

This will let members know that you are here in a support role and will place a label under your avatar stating that you are in the manufacturer, vendor and/or service provider profession and not a contractor. Please join the appropriate group as you will have a limited time to comply before further action will be taken.

You MAY NOT self promote in any way in the forum discussions. This includes:
  • Private Messaging members with unsolicited offers.
  • Asking people to contact you or to see your profile for more information or deals.
  • Soliciting the membership for feedback or suggestions on your product or services.
  • Post new threads that in some way promote your company.
  • Respond to threads with short responses that add nothing to the conversation just to get your name out there.
It is natural to want to promote your product and/or services on this site. However, in order to create a community that is not continuously filtering through unwanted solicitations, the administrators and moderators will firmly enforce the rules in regards to advertising violations.

Lastly, if you have a product or service that you really want to reach the board with, then you can buy a banner ad from us. Please Contact Us if you would like to receive more information on advertising.

Thank you and welcome to Contractor Talk

Moderator Staff
rselectric1 (11-25-2017), Seven-Delta-FortyOne (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #7
Goin' Down in Flames....

Trade: Builder/GC
Rewards Points: 1,712

You do realize, as an office worker and one who claims to be computer savvy, that a question mark is not the same as a quotation mark or an apostrophe, right?

Delta
Old 11-25-2017, 06:25 PM   #8
John the Builder

Trade: Carpenter/Builder
Rewards Points: 7,256

Irrespective of what Griz posted (making inquiries of interest is NOT the same as offering the service), I believe a well-run office makes/breaks a company of any complexity.

If the customers don't light a fire under one's arse, then the OM and the CPA will !
Old 11-25-2017, 06:30 PM   #9
Administrative

Oh dear, looks like I need to register differently. Additionally, thanks for the feedback Delta! You may recognize those question marks as what happens when a digital platform translates quotation marks and apostrophes. That would have been silly to do that on purpose!
I?m off to re-register. Thanks y?all!
The Following User Says Thank You to VirtualCXAdmin For This Useful Post:
SmallTownGuy (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 06:33 PM   #10
Administrative

Thanks for the feedback SmallTownGuy! I?m heartened by the positive responses.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:36 PM   #11
Goin' Down in Flames....

Trade: Builder/GC
Rewards Points: 1,712

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualCXAdmin View Post
Additionally, thanks for the feedback Delta! You may recognize those question marks as what happens when a digital platform translates quotation marks and apostrophes. That would have been silly to do that on purpose!
No. I don't actually. I don't even know what a "digital platform" is.

Hence my comment.

But now I'm educated. I think.

Delta
TxElectrician (11-30-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 07:46 AM   #12
Pro

Trade: Home Builder
Rewards Points: 477

Virtual:

Your website is very nice, I see from your area code that you are up I-45 from me in the DFW area, I am located in Houston. I think you have a great concept for the busy or tech challenged contractor. That is, assuming you are adept at all of the services you offer I have most of those services covered in-house, although my social media effort could be improved.

Allan
Old 11-28-2017, 01:16 AM   #13
Administrative

Thanks for the feedback on the website Allan! I worked hard on this one. If you?d like to discuss the social media please reach out to me! I?d love to learn about your goals.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #14

Trade: Virtual Assistant
Rewards Points: 2

It's actually a great idea! I've been doing the very same for nearly 2 years now, providing social media and website management for home remodeling professionals. I do have one client that I do "office work" for as well.

Advertisement