Top 5 Projects You Now Have Time For--business Building - Business - Contractor Talk

Top 5 Projects You Now Have Time For--business Building

Old 08-17-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
Builder/Remodeler

Trade: Builder/Remodeler
Rewards Points: 2,016

Top 5 Projects You Now Have Time For--business Building

I'm curious to hear from the veterans what they're doing to take advantage of the downturn. Any pet projects you now have time for with things being somewhat slower?

Things we're working on:

Adding content to beef up the size--larger sites index better with Google. Looking for new keywords and opportunities to expand our web presence.

Adding pictures of myself and my employees to better convey the personal touch and service we give our clients.

Adding video clips of projects as well as informational pieces on kitchens, baths, remodeling--Attention, Interest, Desire, Action.

Systems:
Finally getting to the employee manual I've had half-written for two years now.

Employee and sub training... Systems to ensure they deliver our unique brand experience each and every day.

Local and national PR efforts.

Setting goals for submission and publication in local and national publications that expand our presence in the market. Informational articles, project pieces, etc. Building on our existing media relationships and looking to create new ones.

Anyone else finally taking the time for a business building project they've been putting off?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Aluminum Contractor
Rewards Points: 250

Re: Top 5 Projects You Now Have Time For--business Building

Yes we are also doing alot of those things to plus we will soon be building a new showroom soon.

We also decided to go through our new contractor list and weed out some more that we do not what to do business with any longer. Then I built a list on the ones we want to go after.

This is time consuming but it must be done. It's always the ones that nickel and dime you to death or play the service game for weeks so they think they can hold onto your money a little longer.

I just love firing them!

Advertisement