Lets Talk Contracts

Old 11-08-2017, 09:15 AM   #1

Trade: Residential Contracting
Rewards Points: 84

Lets Talk Contracts

Does anyone recommend having an attorney look over a standard AIA 101 and tweak it for your business?

Anyone have trouble with the standard 101 and regret not ammending something?

My typical project is contractor-owner,residential, under 1 million,fixed price.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 102

Re: Lets Talk Contracts

I had contract template made years ago, any project over 25k I meet with the attorney to review changes specific to the project, usually takes less than 1/2 hour, i consider the legal fees are me purchasing piece of mind

Advertisement

Old 11-08-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
New Guy

Trade: plumber
Rewards Points: 106

Every business should have an attorney review and revise contracts every year. Especially, since laws are always being added and no canned contract has every protection. Even after an attorney reviews and revises you can bet that there are still many things missing that can put you in hot water.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:13 AM   #4

Trade: Residential Contracting
Rewards Points: 84

For the record we are using aia 107/ now 104. Not sure why I? originally typed AIA 101 looking back.

Have decided to have it reviewed. It is probably Cheaper to spend some money protecting myself than spend money defending myself...