Great Podcast

Old 11-03-2017, 08:12 AM   #1
Fine Handcrafted Opinions

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 942

Great Podcast

If anyone is interested, get on Stitcher app and look up The Wealthy Contractor. Episodes are 30-40 minutes and pretty good listens for when driving around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to Bearded Wonder For This Useful Post:
Philament (11-03-2017)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
The Sheriff

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 208

Re: Great Podcast

I only listened to the first podcast, turn me off immediately. I thought the guy he was interviewing was a douchebag, albeit a wealthy one. Reminded me of that Dean Craig fella on here, fast talking salesman who changes the message to suit his business for the day.

I have it downloaded on my app, I will check out some other episodes

I do like the construction Leading Edge podcast, although it is primarily for commercial contractors.

Advertisement

John
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaws For This Useful Post:
SmallTownGuy (11-03-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 06:05 PM   #3

Trade: Residential Contracting
Rewards Points: 84

Have to disagree above. I have listened all of the episodes in the last two or three weeks. Have really enjoyed them.

A few others I listen to are the modern craftsman, although they are really inconsistent now. And protractor podcast. Art of construction is another good one!

Old 11-03-2017, 11:34 PM   #4
The Sheriff

Ill.check these podcasts out. Could be because I'm not big into sales podcasts

John
Old 11-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #5
Fine Handcrafted Opinions

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 942

Yeah all of the wealthy contractor episodes didnít click with me or necessarily apply to me, but most were really good for me. Lots of good thoughts and principles regarding sales and marketing, big picture, working ON your business not IN it, etc. Maybe not as groundbreaking ideas to someone who already is doing business that way, but itís really helped me because I was not. To use The E-Myth terminology, I was in a technician mindset and ignoring the entrepreneur and managing mindsets. So these principles are like discovering gold for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bearded Wonder For This Useful Post:
Jaws (11-04-2017)
Old 11-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #6
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Wonder View Post
Yeah all of the wealthy contractor episodes didnít click with me or necessarily apply to me, but most were really good for me. Lots of good thoughts and principles regarding sales and marketing, big picture, working ON your business not IN it, etc. Maybe not as groundbreaking ideas to someone who already is doing business that way, but itís really helped me because I was not. To use The E-Myth terminology, I was in a technician mindset and ignoring the entrepreneur and managing mindsets. So these principles are like discovering gold for me.

It is a good feeling when you turn a corner and open up a new door in your business. I feel like I just found another door myself, it is invigorating.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

John
Old 11-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #7

Trade: painting & flooring
Rewards Points: 120

I'm a podcast fanatic. Appreciate the tip. Will check this one out.

Advertisement