Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Standing Seam Rate around Greensboro NC

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Bull Trout 
#1 ·
Was wondering what was the going rate for standing seam metal roof in greensboro nc. will be going over 3 tab shingles prob with 1x4 lathe. Will be first time ever putting over shingles normally we install on top of sheathing and underlayment. Thanks Guys

#2 ·
what about nc in general?

Anyone have a labor price for installing standing seam in nc on 1x4 lathe? just trying to get some estimates for a job. if you are a roofing contractor and interested in it let me know job will be in greensboro 5/12 roof.

#3 · (Edited)
Are you looking for a roofing contractor to quote the job for you, or are you asking what you should be charging for the job.

I'm not from around your area, (I'm around the Chicago Metro area), and we never went over an existing roof, but the last time I did a new material over new decking, the price worked out to $ 7.00 per square foot.

Alot depends on the costs of the materials and accessories you are using and how simple or complicated the installation is and how much the actual overhead and desired profit margins need to be.

Ed

P.S. If you are looking for quotes, say so and I will move this thread into the hep wanted section for you.

#5 ·
Hey the per square is that considered 100sq ft. this will be our first time using standing seam. just wondering how everyone priced it. I know it is for looks they want it in a copper color. have installed alot of ag panel in 3ft wide sections. goes down pretty quick. on this particular job there will be alot of roof restructuring which I can price in as a carpenter. Do people price extra when they have to put chimney flash or extra transitions? Was kinda looking for a contractor in the area to make sure I dont price it way out of the ballpark. But if yall have some tips would really appreciate it. This has been one of the most helpful forums have ever joined!!!:thumbsup:

#6 ·
Thats kind of an average, I guess you would say.

Standing seam flashings and stuff have to be fabricated for the particular roof.

Aged (patina) copper or new-looking copper? Petersen Aluminum has both in Pac-Clad finish.

#7 ·
The $ 700.00 per square was for a straight shot roof assembly with no obstructions exxept for 2 corner hips on a shed style application.

I used a pan forming machine and fabricated and guillotined all the pieces to the exact sizes needed before installin a single piece. It went on like a charm.

The metal I used was galvalume, for an antiquated look. That was about 8-10 years ago now.

Ed

#8 ·
They are looking for the new copper look. I knew there were some special things that had to be done with standing seam. Since we have not installed it before it will be a learning experience. But definately one to have because we get the chance to bid beach construction every now and again. How wide are the panels? 16"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.