Residential Roofing Cost Breakdown

Old 06-06-2017, 05:16 PM   #1

Trade: Roofing
Rewards Points: 6

Residential Roofing Cost Breakdown

Hello All.

So I was working on my website today writing content, and I wanted to provide the best answer I Could to the question, How Much Does a New Roof Cost?

I separated the material into material and labor and tried to explain the value the best that I could.

How have you answered the question in the past.

Could you review my article and provide your input? I would greatly appreciate it.

http://austinroofbuilders.com/advice...oof-austin-tx/

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 74

Re: Residential Roofing Cost Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGrace View Post
Hello All.

So I was working on my website today writing content, and I wanted to provide the best answer I Could to the question, How Much Does a New Roof Cost?

I separated the material into material and labor and tried to explain the value the best that I could.

How have you answered the question in the past.

Could you review my article and provide your input? I would greatly appreciate it.

http://austinroofbuilders.com/advice...oof-austin-tx/

That pile of gold under that ladies hands needs to be a whole lot bigger.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to Big Johnson For This Useful Post:
A&E Exteriors (06-06-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 06:46 AM   #3
Been around

Rewards Points: 1,386

Your article seems well written, although I admit I didn't read it all.

The thing of it is, the majority of roof buyers won't have the interest or attention span to read it. Further, many of the ones who do will be a PITA right from the get go.

As a contractor, the costs associated with being in business aren't plain black and white to the perspective buyer. The idea of going to the box store and assessing the cost of materials to do a roof puts the buyer in a materials and labor mindset. This is a frame of mind best left to the weekend warrior or "my buddy is a roofer, he can do it cheap".

In plain English you might consider something a little less specific. Like a simpler cost breakdown of 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 .....Materials, labor, cost of business. Articulate the importance of a solid business behind the installation and your dealings with the customer will be under less (misguided) pressure from merely the cost of materials.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:31 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Don't take trades, cash only.
Rewards Points: 246

TL;DR ...it seems that this article (and maybe this post) was written to get SEO hits?
If this is a legit roofer looking for advice on their website, I'd rewrite that one. I skimmed it in the mindset of a HO looking for a roof and all that article told me was how much roofing I should buy to do it myself. Sell what YOU do and not what needs to get done. If I'm hiring out I want to know that the guy doing it is good at it and is properly priced. That's it.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 34

It's well-written article. It's very informative.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:33 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Executor of special operations
Rewards Points: 520

Spelling error provide needed repairs

Fly by wire roofing contractor in Austin from FortWorth?

Some may say spelling out all the specific hard costs as you do just begs the tire kickers to haggle over labor costs. Should also include overhead costs as a percentage or some such thing. Makes the labor costs more realistic. Average Joe tire kicker figures you charge 50/hr you pocket 50/hr.

Advertisement