Looking For Help - Roofing - Contractor Talk

Looking For Help

Old 03-14-2018, 11:13 PM   #1

Trade: Roofing

Looking For Help

Hello everyone. I have followed this board for many years have yet to ever post on it. Maryland was hit by the biggest wind storm I have seen since Hurricane Sandy recently. Our company is running short on sales guys as they can only do so many appointments in a day.

We are heavily engrained in the insurance business as is and do direct work for many insurance programs. Our office staff is trained on writing with Xactimate and can pump out as many estimates as necessary. We have the manpower on the install side to keep up with current demand. We are desperate need of front line guys to sign up contracts. We have shut off lead generation services and still canít keep up with referrals and adjusters calling us to use us as a ďladder assistĒ.

Does anyone have any suggestions with this. My one struggle in this business has always been finding young/middle age people who are motivated to go sell roofs and now itís being served on a silver platter and I feel somewhat helpless. My existing guys are running 8 appointments 7 days a week and canít do anymore.

Any suggestions would be helpful. This is not an attempt on my part to be greedy. Iím simply trying to service everyone who has helped up get to this point and not let any of them down.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2018, 06:00 AM   #2
General Contractor

Trade: New Home Construction-Additions-Remodeling
Rewards Points: 7,516

Re: Looking For Help

What is your company name? Let's start with that...

Advertisement

SouthonBeach (03-19-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 06:44 AM   #3

Trade: Roofing

I tried sending you a message with my business info and it didnít work. I have no problem sharing it, just donít want to list it on here where it could pop up on a internet search. Again, Iím new to this. It said action couldnít be performed

Old 03-15-2018, 09:53 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: Custom
Rewards Points: 29,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCExteriors View Post
I tried sending you a message with my business info and it didnít work. I have no problem sharing it, just donít want to list it on here where it could pop up on a internet search. Again, Iím new to this. It said action couldnít be performed
I think you have to have a minimum number of posts before being able to PM...

Not to worry though... He can also see it on your profile... upper right hand corner, click on "My Account", then "My Profile"...
Old 03-18-2018, 11:08 PM   #5

Trade: Ins Repair
Rewards Points: 18

No money in ladder assist crap and way to much liability.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:59 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: roofing and other envied trades
Rewards Points: 1,172

join the crowd of where the fk was i when the people before us were posting jobs like this?

Lets brainstorm. Who has the time and the resources to do this work? Who is hungry and will be a go getter? who is looking for work ? Who is responsible enough to meet the needs of our selves and our customers? Clean cut, educated, quick learners?

College grads? Thats what i like to shoot for.

now I have a question for you. who does your marketing?

Advertisement