Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

GL roofing insurance in Texas

7K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Red Adobe 
#1 ·
Hello I am new to the board. I have a question about getting GL Roofing insurance in Texas. When I call to get a quote for GL roofing insurance I keep getting the Run Around on the phone and not really getting a Hard quote. It appears that my competion it getting GL insurance thru a side company, does not have roofing in their company title and telling all the prospective customers that his company has GL insurance. He has some kind of carpender GL insurance which must be cheaper than GL for roofers. Any ideas what to do or what to tell the INsurance agents when I call to get the quote? Also any good insurance companys to reccomend? Thanks Toad

#2 ·
Report it to the sate insurance board.

Carpenters' policies exclude roofing. Roofing is high risk and must be covered as such. You wouldnt want to leave your customers hanging if an accident were to happen.

Ask the agents why they are recommending carpenters insurance for roofers and ask them if its legal.

#9 ·
That's sad that so many insurance agents let this stuff happens.

I bet this is what the agents think, "If I give them a quote for real insurance he'll probably go down the street with the other agent he talked to and just go with the cheap insurance".

An adjuster from Texas told me that every body has roofing businesses in Texas and no license is needed but the downside is insurance only pays $125 a square!!! The same house in MN landed me $325 a square. It was his last claim to work in MN and he was going back and he said he liked paying $280 a square minumal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.