Best Trailer For FT1300/16

Old 07-25-2017, 03:45 PM   #1

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 2

Best Trailer For FT1300/16

Hi Guys,
I just bought new metal roofing machine. What is your set up? What trailer would you recommend ? 6x12 7x14 any input would be great.
Thanks.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 07-25-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
Shingler extraordinaire

Trade: Roofing, Framing, siding, decks
Rewards Points: 9,154

Re: Best Trailer For FT1300/16

Not that I have a set up like that but I'm gonna say anything smaller that a 7x14 is a waste of money. When I was an employee we had a dual coil gutter machine in a 20 footer. I know when I pulled a trailer my 7x14 was pretty full with regular roofing stuff

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2017, 06:28 AM   #3
Been around

Trade: Roofing
Rewards Points: 1,386

I have a NewTech machine on 7x16 5Ton. That leaves enough room upfront for a tool chest (full sized bed mount pick up truck box) and maybe 15" on each side for ladders, planks, table tops, whatever.

The room for the tool chest is really great for things that are specific to the metal roof installation like clips and screws and specialty tools.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
Gutter Hanger

Trade: Seamless gutters
Rewards Points: 521

I ran a 7x14 enclosed for a couple of years for the gutter business. It served OK, but I went up to a 7x18 and still have that fairly full. And the 7x18 is just the rectangular part. The V is another 3 feet at it's longest point.
I bought a toolbox on legs for all my hand tools. It's bolted to the wall near the rear of the trailer. I have more tongue weight than I'd like because I had to have the gutter machine forward enough that I can come through the side door with full rolls of coil. I load them with a boom pole attachment on a skid steer.

Last edited by CrescentGutter; 08-07-2017 at 04:44 PM.