ICF - Fox Blocks

Old 01-23-2010, 06:37 AM   #1

Trade: Carpenter
Rewards Points: 10

ICF - Fox Blocks

Dont know if this belongs in this section our not... but i am considering using Fox Blocks ICF system on my new house and just wondering what the general conesus is on them.

Also, if anyone has used them in the Ottawa region what did you have to do with the local BB (bureaucratic bastards) as they have to get there greasy little fingers involved in everything here.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 01-23-2010, 06:46 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 2,672

Re: ICF - Fox Blocks

I haven't used Fox Blocks, but I understand they are a good system...I really like the T-wall block. You will not regret using ICF's in a new home...I have yet to hear of anyone who does not like them.

Insulated Concrete Homes / ICF's
My Facebook Page
Old 01-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
Working

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2,120
Send a message via AIM to Cole82

Yeah I used them on a small addition and they worked really well. They seam to be the go to brand around here.

The boss of awesome
Old 01-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #4

In regards costing.... they seem to be one of the more economical choices, however, I have not had much exposure to ICF so if any one know of other brands that are still good quality but cheaper I would be interested in hearing about them.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
Custom Builder

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 502

Icf is the way to go for sure. Once the windows are in you can heat them with light bulbs. Weve done a few of them easy to work with once you get the bracing down. Supper good home building product, add radiant floor heat to it with solar water heater and a few solar panels and you wont have a utility bill thell be crediting you. Make sure you get a contractor who has either worked with it before or has been trained properly on install and pouring it, Icf can go real bad real fast if you dont start off right and finish right. Also the arxx or icf or whatever you go with will do the engineering for you on your house for there product, as far as rebar and size.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubenhad4 View Post
Icf is the way to go for sure. Once the windows are in you can heat them with light bulbs. Weve done a few of them easy to work with once you get the bracing down. Supper good home building product, add radiant floor heat to it with solar water heater and a few solar panels and you wont have a utility bill thell be crediting you. Make sure you get a contractor who has either worked with it before or has been trained properly on install and pouring it, Icf can go real bad real fast if you dont start off right and finish right. Also the arxx or icf or whatever you go with will do the engineering for you on your house for there product, as far as rebar and size.

Thanks man...
Old 01-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole82 View Post
Yeah I used them on a small addition and they worked really well. They seam to be the go to brand around here.

When you used them.... did you get any onsigth support? And if yes, how was it.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
Working

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 2,120
Send a message via AIM to Cole82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimV View Post
When you used them.... did you get any onsigth support? And if yes, how was it.
No I didn't, didn't feel I needed it either. Just read the instructions, but wasn't my first icf either.

Cole

The boss of awesome