Trade Show Display

Old 10-25-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
New Guy

Trade: Deck building

Trade Show Display

I am setting up for The Woodlands Home and Garden show this coming weekend. I still have to put some carpet down and a few other minor details but we are almost ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Trade Show Display-img_1170_1508956167535.jpg   Trade Show Display-img_1168_1508956262538.jpg  
The Following User Says Thank You to Houstondeck For This Useful Post:
ApparatusTeam (10-25-2017)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: GC
Rewards Points: 246

Re: Trade Show Display

Looks great. What type of ROI do you usually see from these shows? I know a few contractors who get 40% or better of their work this way. I'd probably make 2 hours before I started telling people to **** off!

Advertisement

Old 10-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
New Guy

It really depends on the show. Sometimes they are a flop and sometime we knock it out of the park. Spring of 2016 we sold about 100k from the show. Spring of 2017 we sold about 20k from the show. I think this one will be a home run because I already had the display from the last show and I got a 16x22 middle isle spot for $2400. Spot is usually $5100. I have minimal investment this time. we are expecting an awesome turn out due to all the flood damage from Hurrican Harvey.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #4
New Guy

The biggest key to success at a trade show other then a big turn out is that you are energetic, out spoken and friendly. You have to learn to politely end conversations with tire kickers, they will engage you in a fruitless conversation while the big spender is standing there waiting and walks away because no one spoke to him. Had this problem before. Must have a large sales staff to catch as many potential clients as possible.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:54 AM   #5

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstondeck View Post
...You have to learn to politely end conversations with tire kickers, they will engage you in a fruitless conversation while the big spender is standing there waiting and walks away because no one spoke to him....
This is truth at any trade show.

I've not done a construction trade show, but sporting goods and wedding shows. Same thing.

Get rid of the tire kickers quick. You don't have time for it.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Specialty Structure Aluminum
Rewards Points: 473

I've got no experience with trade show marketing, but your booth looks good. Certainly more engaging than most of the ones I've seen!

Advertisement

Facebook Business Owner Support Group (over $1 million revenue): Right now its just me and my close circle of mostly home service biz owners talking about growing our businesses, and dealing with the frustration of not having anyone to tell us "good job" at the end of the day. Feel free to join!