Social Media And Online Marketing

Old 06-01-2017, 05:51 PM   #1

Trade: Pressure Washing

Social Media And Online Marketing

Hey everyone! My name is Chase and I own a pressure washing business in Birmingham, AL. I have been operating since April of 2016. Starting out, my number one marketing strategy was an app called Next Door which any particular neighborhood can keep in touch with one another. Word of mouth was also a great tool as well. I have dipped into the social media side of the pool and have not had the success like I expected. The last month I posted at least every other day with flyers, photos of my work and discounts. My goal is to reach the commercial customer and gain more residential jobs. Does anyone have any suggestions on the what, when, and how of marketing online?
Attached Thumbnails
Social Media and Online Marketing-49d1cfbd-521c-4f17-adce-2c7403ba0196-2027-000003574a693261_1496353856764.png  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-01-2017, 07:36 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 2,838

Re: Social Media And Online Marketing

Do facebook ads while tracking your results. Best conversions are to a landing page on a website, not promoted posts, although that can help build brand awareness if you need it.

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Co-Founder - Lead Ladder

Trade: Roofer Internet Marketing
Rewards Points: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Do facebook ads while tracking your results. Best conversions are to a landing page on a website, not promoted posts, although that can help build brand awareness if you need it.
Agreed on ads. There's sadly almost zero organic reach from Facebook pages now, even to your Fans. It costs money of course but Facebook Ads are still vastly underpriced for the attention and value you can get back.

If you still want to keep it free, try to find Facebook Groups to join and participate in. Should help especially with the Commercial side.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:11 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: Specialty Structure Aluminum
Rewards Points: 473

First of all, what does your website looking like? Considering that is decent I would try PPC.

Facebook marketing, especially turning a cold audience into buyers, is difficult. Quite frankly, if I weren't a web guru I probably wouldn't even bother with it as I explain here: http://www.coreyphilip.com/struggles...rvice-company/

It costs me around $10 to get a lead from ppc, vs $30+ to get one on FB.
The Following User Says Thank You to prowork For This Useful Post:
MorseRebuilds (06-13-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #5
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 2,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettexterior View Post
My goal is to reach the commercial customer and gain more residential jobs.
LinkedIn Networking will be where you would go for the Commercial opportunities, and Facebook for the residential jobs.

Ensure to proactively invite your customers to Like your Facebook Pages as well as get Facebook reviews. And try to feature as much about your customer jobs as possible since most will easily Like-Share their own stuff, and many times the Like-Share will make it to local friends.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:01 AM   #6
Kitchen Cabinets NJ

Trade: Kitchen Cabinets
Rewards Points: 454

Use Facebook ads - promote your FB page and afterward your posts. Make sure to target right profiles of people (demographics/gender, age, their interests, location. Invite your clients to like your page and write reviews, and sometimes share your posts, if possible. Take pictures of your work and post them on your page with a short description. Then the clients where you did the job can share your photos and recommend you to their friends on Facebook.

Advertisement