Rodney Webb

Old 12-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: seamless gutters
Rewards Points: 500

Rodney Webb

Has anyone ever been to one of his boot camps? They run all over the us and quite a few in good warm golfing spots.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 12-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
Insert title

Trade: Doors-Windows-Decks
Rewards Points: 2,000

Re: Rodney Webb

I've seen him in St Louis, Boston and one other place that I can't remember. I think we own all of his CD's and DVD's. I can honestly say that if he does not help your closing rate then you should give up on any sales training and be happy with your current rate. The only think that works well for him that does not work well for me is slamming a piece of wood against window glass to show how strong it is---it scared the hell out of women---but men love it! Overall his training improved our demos (people don't fall to asleep on me anymore).

Old 12-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
Pro

I will sign up then. they have on at foxwoods but florida is way warmer
Old 12-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
tile mason

Trade: Bathroom Remodeling and custom tile projects
Rewards Points: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougchips View Post
The only think that works well for him that does not work well for me is slamming a piece of wood against window glass to show how strong it is---it scared the hell out of women---but men love it
I did something similar last week. I took a piece of black polished granite tile and took a knife to it in front of the homeowner.
We ended up adding a backsplash to the contract as well.

I checked that guy out though. Seems like you could learn a thing or two, but I suggest buying a book and CD before shelling out a grand for a seminar.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
Insert title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCoops View Post
I did something similar last week. I took a piece of black polished granite tile and took a knife to it in front of the homeowner.
We ended up adding a backsplash to the contract as well.

I checked that guy out though. Seems like you could learn a thing or two, but I suggest buying a book and CD before shelling out a grand for a seminar.
Unless he is holding some super sale his CD's are priced like they are made of diamonds. I think I spent a few hundred on all of them but at least one sale made up the expense.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
tile mason

I have to say I'm skeptical of his whole "91%" claim. I think there should be an asterik after that percentage with some fine print below it somewhere.
He definitely didn't sell me.
Maybe I'm a part of that other 9% crowd?
Old 12-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
Insert title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCoops View Post
I have to say I'm skeptical of his whole "91%" claim. I think there should be an asterik after that percentage with some fine print below it somewhere.
He definitely didn't sell me.
Maybe I'm a part of that other 9% crowd?
First off the man sold siding to a siding installer and windows to a member of the klan (Webb is black). Then again sales people like to lie so he might be full of it but he without a doubt sells the crowd that he knows his stuff.

According to Rodney his 91% was proven by people that audited his sales records. At one of his classes a couple of clowns in the back kept challenging him on his stats and once he was done defending them he sold me that he was not bs-ing. Then again every on-line lead company sold me on crappy leads (I'm an easy sell).
Old 12-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #8
Pro

I looked into it some more. They say he sold 91% for 72 months straight with a 6% cancellation rate. I also heard he sold to a clan member. He will even tell you he has 12 people working for him and none are black. He said he was asked to leave a couple appointments because of being black.

I think it is easily worth a grand. But am surprised he dosent have diffrent class or stages just one generic class.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #9
tile mason

I think if people really want to learn sales, call a Kirby vacuums representative for a "free cleaning", and view their presentation.
I never thought of vacuuming a bed until they came out with their magnified pictures of "bed bugs".
Old 12-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #10
Pro

even better is the young foreign girls at the mall. I went christmas shopping today and they ran all the boths in the center halls. I even had to call a buddy of mine in sales to go check it out. It is brilliant they pray on single guys walking around. There hot, flirty and can sell.

I told him they must have a hell of a sales trining program. They can barely speak english but can sellll. And the salt i BOUGHT really did open my poures.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #11
tile mason

I always get slapped by Kathy for stopping to look, oh I mean hear, what they have to say.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #12
Pro

I Talked to him today. They have a beginners boot camp in march in atlanta. I'm going.

But i was thinking. If there are enough of us on here that want to do a private one i bet it would be a lot more fun. We all need it.

Thoughts?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:20 PM   #13
Insert title

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgutters View Post
I Talked to him today. They have a beginners boot camp in march in atlanta. I'm going.

But i was thinking. If there are enough of us on here that want to do a private one i bet it would be a lot more fun. We all need it.

Thoughts?
If you end up going let me know before hand and I will give you some you some stuff to practice. He will have you up in front of everyone role playing and reciting some lines.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #14
tile mason

I'd love to play the role as the "Indian homeowner"
Old 12-11-2008, 06:13 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
If you end up going let me know before hand and I will give you some you some stuff to practice. He will have you up in front of everyone role playing and reciting some lines.
Perfect

Thank You.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:

In front of how many people would you say? Don't mind a crowd to a point.

Did you just take the first course or all three?
Old 12-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #17
Insert title

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgutters View Post
In front of how many people would you say? Don't mind a crowd to a point.

Did you just take the first course or all three?
Maybe 50-100 people, it really doesn't matter if there are 3 or 3000 the pressure is on you. It's really no big deal since everyone that gets up on stage will screw up the lines--nobody will laugh.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #18
Pro

Trade: Roofing
Rewards Points: 516

I went a Rodney Webb training event about a month ago. It was put on by Owens Corning.

I am trying to implement as much of it as I can. They gave me a PowerPoint template which I currently customizing.

I asked Rodney about offering options. He said he includes the best products for that job in the quote and only quotes 1 price. In other words he doesnít like Good, Better, Best options.

He likes to minimize the number of decisions the prospect has to make in order to simplify the process. He even picks the color that he thinks will work best and tries to sell them on it.

I want to reduce the number of shingles I offer to a 30 year and a Premium shingle.
But Iím not sure what to include with very project as far as warranty.

I donít know if I should include an upgraded warranty or offer it as an option.

My goal is reduce the number of options and decisions the prospect has to make so they can focus on deciding if they want to hire me or not.

Do you feel it would make sense to include premium underlayment and an upgraded warranty in the price for the project or should I offer it as an upgrade and give the prospect a price for adding it on?
Old 12-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #19
Pro

Trade: Roofing
Rewards Points: 516

I saw him in St. Louis also and more recently in Toledo Ohio at a training sponsored by Owens Corning.

I asked him a couple questions about quoting the price.

He said he shows them the price on his computer. He gives them 3 options for monthly payments or they pay by credit card or check.

He only quotes a price for one product and one set of specifications.
He chooses the color he feels will work best for that homeowner. He wants to get the decision process down to ďprice or paymentĒ.

Iím going to have to change the way Iíve been doing things because Iíve been quoting prices on at least 3 shingles and showing them a lot of color samples.

Iíve even been giving them options on different ventilation products.

I want to reduce the number of decisions they have to make so they can focus on ďprice or paymentĒ.

I have to decide what I want to include with my standard project. I am thinking about including better underlayment and a warranty upgrade.

What are your thoughts?

Old 12-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #20
Insert title

Mel, I think Rodney only sells siding in one color and I would assume he only sells windows and roofing in one color. Who in their right mind would load a ton of samples into a 100k estimate mobile?