Is It Possible To Create A One Page Website That Will Generate Leads

Old 03-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Retractable Insect Screens And Window Treatments
Rewards Points: 2,376

Is It Possible To Create A One Page Website That Will Generate Leads

I'm going to be adding another product line. The manufacturer suggested That I only create a one page site and link it to their website. However I'm concerned if this will work.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
Non-conformist

Trade: Builder of businesses
Rewards Points: 1,052

Re: Is It Possible To Create A One Page Website That Will Generate Leads

Possible, yes, recommended, maybe.

Your post is kind of vague. Is this just a product line that's related to other products you sell? If so, there's no reason you can't just add a page to your existing site.

Plus, the manufacturer's "suggestion" that you build a one page site and link to them seems like the reverse of what it should be. They should be linking to you as a source to buy the product in your market area.

Advertisement

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cbscreative For This Useful Post:
tonyc56 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Wiring
Rewards Points: 1,264

Sounds like they want you to generate a landing page for their products, these work great when tied to AdWords campaigns.

The idea is to design a page specific to the product where the goal is to convert the visitor without them going all over your website.

I'm not sure why you would want to generate a landing page which sends people to a manufacturers website instead of trying to get them to contact you

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #4

Trade: plumber
Rewards Points: 134

i think i have around 45 pages on mine

each page is a specific subject and a few of them have become #1 in their search specific terms.

i dont think you need 45 pages to be successful and im not a web designer...but as i evolve from a 1 page website to a 5 page to a 20 page to a 45 page i have noticed an increase in calls each time i moved up....my 1 page website got me 2 calls a year

but if your using adwords thats a completely different thing....your paying to be #1 so it doesnt matter what you have for a page count
Old 03-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #5
Kitchen Cabinets NJ

Trade: Kitchen Cabinets
Rewards Points: 254

Why creating a one-page site when you can easily create a normal website and optimize it to make yourself relevant in the local area...? When presenting the products of the manufacturer, you will certainly link to their page but you can, at the same time, create a landing page, contact page, a list of services/products you offer, social media buttons, blog posts, reviews. Don't limit yourself, do a research to find out how to make the most of a website.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:00 AM   #6
UAS Aerial Infrared

Trade: Thermal Inspections
Rewards Points: 20

Yes, sounds like they want you to create either a sales page or a landing page (also known as an opt-in page). Both are doable but have two different functions. Check out leadpages.net if you want something that's drag and drop.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #7
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 1,406

If you point enough redirects at it, babybumperbottle.com will rank for something.

If you buy an aged domain with a pr of 3 and up it will also be fairly easy to rank locally, but a new site with nothing, nah.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:54 PM   #8
Marketing Automator

Trade: Contractor's Best Friend
Rewards Points: 146

All depends on how you go about marketing it. The number of pages is irrelevant. In fact one page can be a big advantage over a site bloated with 30 + pages. Less distractions.

It's all about how you craft your offer and how you get people to that offer. Everything else is noise.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:09 AM   #9

Trade: Estimator
Rewards Points: 108

IF the only goal is to take them from your one page website to another website then yes very easy. Simple sales copy will do the trick.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:07 AM   #10

Trade: Painter
Rewards Points: 2

We had a one-page site for a while and then decided to hire an SEO guy. The first thing he did was add pages to our site. He explained that it was more about adding quality content. But one way to do that is through more pages.

Just sharing . . .
Old 04-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #11
Non-conformist

Trade: Builder of businesses
Rewards Points: 1,052

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwbpainter View Post
We had a one-page site for a while and then decided to hire an SEO guy. The first thing he did was add pages to our site. He explained that it was more about adding quality content. But one way to do that is through more pages.

Just sharing . . .
New member, welcome.

And I agree on quality content. Google keeps improving their ability to predict human response to content. They also measure bounce rates and reward sites that people respond more favorably to.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:12 PM   #12

Trade: Marketing
Rewards Points: 20

1 page websites, really landing pages, can work well behind paid ad campaigns, especially for niche services. We do particularly well driving leads from Google AdWords through a 1 page landing page for a specialty epoxy floor coatings company targeting commercial food and beverage facilities.

If you checkout the page, you will understand why it appeals to a food processing plant manager: http://floorcoatings.info/

If you expect to throw the page up, do nothing, and get traffic (let alone leads) it will not work.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:39 PM   #13

Trade: Marketing For Contractors
Rewards Points: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronHockel View Post
1 page websites, really landing pages, can work well behind paid ad campaigns, especially for niche services. We do particularly well driving leads from Google AdWords through a 1 page landing page for a specialty epoxy floor coatings company targeting commercial food and beverage facilities.

If you checkout the page, you will understand why it appeals to a food processing plant manager: http://floorcoatings.info/

If you expect to throw the page up, do nothing, and get traffic (let alone leads) it will not work.
Aaron's dead right. By itself - a one page website won't do much at all. It isn't going to be great for SEO either.

But hook it up to a source of traffic like Google Adwords and one-page landing pages are usually more effective at generating leads than websites.

Some of my contractor customers generate between $800,000 - $1,000,000 in annual sales from a single landing page hooked up to a well managed Adwords campaign.

Advertisement

AaronHockel (04-13-2017)