Looking For A PPC Company To Manage Our Campaign

Old 06-15-2017, 03:44 AM   #1

Trade: Carpenter
Rewards Points: 4

Looking For A PPC Company To Manage Our Campaign

Hi,

We are new to this forum. We are a roofing company based in Massachusetts. I have been contacted by a couple of marketing companies and realized that most of them don't understand home improvement industry at all so I turned my attention to this forum. I am looking for a company (or person) to manage our PPC campaign. Can someone guide me in the right direction?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2017, 08:02 AM   #2
Co-Founder - Lead Ladder

Trade: Roofer Internet Marketing
Rewards Points: 76

Re: Looking For A PPC Company To Manage Our Campaign

All4u I own a PPC company, please PM me and we can discuss further or you can email me at lane @ roofermarketingsolutions. com

Advertisement

Last edited by Lane13; 06-15-2017 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Realized he can't PM me since he's new
Old 06-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
Non-conformist

Trade: Builder of businesses
Rewards Points: 1,136

Welcome to CT, All4u. You've come to the right place to get the perspective of other contractors and we have service providers here too as you will no doubt notice by our posts. No matter which company you choose, be sure to verify their track record. And you are doing very well to ask about someone who understands your industry, that's a wise consideration.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbscreative For This Useful Post:
Lane13 (06-15-2017)

Old 06-16-2017, 01:22 AM   #4

Thank you for you replies guys. I sent you an email Lane. I do agree that research on my part is important as well. I did come across a website that provides pay per call service (contractor marketing pros). I am not sure if anyone has tried them or has any feedback on the service
Old 06-16-2017, 05:53 AM   #5
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 2,492

Here is a company I am aware of http://www.keywordconnects.com/ but I do not think they are for your company.

My reasoning is two fold,
1) I could not do any research on your business so I am unsure of how big your company is, and
2) From what I know of Key Word Connects, they tend to target a larger contracting company and take on larger campaigns with extra services beyond just managing the actual technology.

I have been looking for companies for me to partner with since Paid Advertising is an extension of Marketing, but I just started focusing in this area since most of my attention has been focused on the Organic (Free) side of marketing.

So it is a company to be aware of but only if you are a bigger company is it worth considering.

Good luck.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:08 AM   #6

Trade: Pressure Washing Service

Hey Guys,

I've found using someone local that understands our service areas helps tremendously. I have a girl I use here and we have had great results but be prepared to spend. My monthly budget is 1500 spend on AdWords and 500 (some of that is for SEO maintenance) to my girl. We have not achieved 100% but are close. The biggest problem is competing with large big pocket companies like Angies List and Home Advisor.

Baton Rouge Commerical Power Washing
Old 06-16-2017, 04:49 PM   #7

Great point MOTB,

We are a small company (8 guys). I think if you were to partner up with a PPC company you would have great success, because you seem to offer a lot of solid advice and your reputation on the forum is impeccable. So far I have came across 3 companies (haven't spoken to Lane yet) and will be making my decision this weekend I think PPC is a great way to start as it gets you more leads instantly (I have the idea of Home Advisor and seeing how they purchased Angie's the options seem to be diminishing), but eventually SEO is a must as well.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #8
Co-Founder - Lead Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4u View Post
Great point MOTB,

We are a small company (8 guys). I think if you were to partner up with a PPC company you would have great success, because you seem to offer a lot of solid advice and your reputation on the forum is impeccable. So far I have came across 3 companies (haven't spoken to Lane yet) and will be making my decision this weekend I think PPC is a great way to start as it gets you more leads instantly (I have the idea of Home Advisor and seeing how they purchased Angie's the options seem to be diminishing), but eventually SEO is a must as well.
Hey All4U, this is great to hear! Did you receive my reply to your email?
Old 06-23-2017, 02:52 PM   #9

Trade: replacement windows
Rewards Points: 72

My guy knows the contractor market really well also. Does a great job. I think he has customers in roofing, excavating, landscaping, remodeling and others in addition to my replacement windows business. Check them out www.ourinsideedge.com

Rod
Blue Sky Glass
Old 06-24-2017, 09:18 AM   #10
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 2,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskyglass View Post
My guy knows the contractor market really well also. Does a great job. I think he has customers in roofing, excavating, landscaping, remodeling and others in addition to my replacement windows business. Check them out
I did, but their Pricing page just says "Call for Pricing". I realize there will always be a host of permutations, but can you give a rough range of what you spend? It is amazing since I have tried to learn about this one area, and I hear everything from the extremely way too low to believe, to amounts that are reasonable only if you are a large company. But it seems many do not want to just generalize to target their prospect base.

Usually the marketing firms will say "We need to talk to learn a little about you to give a price", and that is fair ... but most firms will either target a small company, a mid-range company or a large company. Sure, some can say "we can work for anyone" but usually that is not true.

So what is the spend range for a company of your size, give or take?
less than a few hundred per month? $500 per month? $1000 per month? Over 5K per month?
Old 06-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #11
Co-Founder - Lead Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTB View Post
I did, but their Pricing page just says "Call for Pricing". I realize there will always be a host of permutations, but can you give a rough range of what you spend? It is amazing since I have tried to learn about this one area, and I hear everything from the extremely way too low to believe, to amounts that are reasonable only if you are a large company. But it seems many do not want to just generalize to target their prospect base.

Usually the marketing firms will say "We need to talk to learn a little about you to give a price", and that is fair ... but most firms will either target a small company, a mid-range company or a large company. Sure, some can say "we can work for anyone" but usually that is not true.

So what is the spend range for a company of your size, give or take?
less than a few hundred per month? $500 per month? $1000 per month? Over 5K per month?

If I may shed some light on the pricing side of PPC, the goal is straight lead math. I'm sure you know exactly everything I'm about to say MOTB, but for everyone else this is how I go about estimating budgets.

Lets say you want 10 roof replacement jobs:

10 jobs/lets say a 50% close rate = 20 leads needed. If your campaign can turn somewhere around 10-15% of your clicks into leads, then 20/.1 = 200 clicks needed minimum. If I'm able to get ~$10.00 per click (some are more, some are less of course) that means you need $2000 going into AdWords.

Now as you mentioned, there's a lot of variables there such as website quality, website conversion rate, online reputation, general brand recognition, the specific market you're targeting, etc. that would affect all of these numbers. This is why I typically would give a range of $1800-2400.

And then you're adding margin or management fee. I'm not going to post mine on the forum but it is something I go over with anyone before signing up.

So if you're working with someone good that knows your market and can optimize a campaign properly, typically budgets orient more around that owner's specific goals than company size.

Hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lane13 For This Useful Post:
charimon (07-23-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #12

Trade: residential garage door repair / install
Rewards Points: 16

Just sent you an email @JMAC Design
Old 07-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #13
New Guy

Trade: Marketing
Rewards Points: 50

@all4u if you are still looking for help with your PPC campaign, I would be happy to offer some insight and a free proposal.

We are a contractor specific marketing agency, a Google Certified Partner, and have experience working for commercial and residential roofers in different markets around the country. We do not have a roofing client in MA but we do work with contractors in other verticals in the Boston market.

@lane13 - great points on the $1,800 to $2,400. I had an interesting convo with my Google rep yesterday on budgets in the roofing space and will be posting a new thread on it soon.

Last edited by AaronHockel; 07-20-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #14

Trade: Estimator
Rewards Points: 142

I sold roofs for years Here in Southern California before I started my company for a company that was doing 50 million a year in new business. I was the top sales rep and learned all the lead generation secrets also. Fast forward 5 years I now own my own remodeling company with a family member and work with other contractors in different areas to set up lead generation funnels online and show them better ways to handle and sell the leads they get.

Last edited by Warren; 07-23-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #15
New Guy

Trade: Pest Control
Rewards Points: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Craig View Post
I sold roofs for years Here in Southern California before I started my company for a company that was doing 50 million a year in new business. I was the top sales rep and learned all the lead generation secrets also. Fast forward 5 years I now own my own remodeling company with a family member and work with other contractors in different areas to set up lead generation funnels online and show them better ways to handle and sell the leads they get.
would you mind explaining more about this,

thanks,

Your Neighborhood Pest Control
1313 Brittany Lane
Arlington, TX 76013
972-217-2527
http://www.yourneighborhoodpestcontrol.com/

Advertisement