Homestars Canada Contractors Who Pay Can Write There Own Reviews.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:52 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: carpenter
Rewards Points: 500

Homestars Canada Contractors Who Pay Can Write There Own Reviews.

If you pay it seems now you write what they call a asisted review contractor writes it it get ok d by client and homestars then publish it.

Wrong?

AND IM A HOMESTARS GUY WHO LOVED THE SITE

👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2015, 10:36 AM   #2
Painting Contractor

Trade: Painting Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,138

Re: Homestars Canada Contractors Who Pay Can Write There Own Reviews.

That was my point a few months ago.
That`s exactly what makes Homestars reviews suspect.
The top reviewed companies are mostly paying advertisers, because only paying contractors are allowed to do this.
Non paying contractors can`t!
Also I know Homestar Contractors that have fake reviews.
When a contractor has over 500 reviews averaging 9.98 of 10, this is a joke.
Contractors must be much better than figure skaters in the Olympics.

Advertisement

Last edited by George Z; 10-17-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:57 AM   #3

Trade: Painter
Rewards Points: 12

Re: Homestars Canada Contractors Who Pay Can Write There Own Reviews.

Not anymore, they scraped the assisted review. I have been a paid advertiser since 2012 and I would cancel if i wasnt worried I would lose my reviews. They have an app they are trying to force us to use now, so that they can sell the leads to other companies if we dont respond right away. Instead of the assisted review, homestars now sends a text to the client that they write their review from.

Anyway, the assisted reviews were under our dashboard and what we were supposed to do, is enter the client info and write our own review. It would then go to the homeowner who had the option to approve it, edit it or decline it. I never used it because I didnt like the idea of it and I was glad I didnt, because a year after starting it, homestars decided to add a graphic that said "assisted review" and one of my competitors only had assisted reviews which looks horrible on his profile page.

Anyway, Homestars changes their minds as often as underwear and they have done a few retroactive things that have contractors shaking their heads. Like Best of Homestars was always one company that had the most reviews the year before, then they changed that to the top three companies and then last year, they selected the Best of 2017, based on our 2016 rating. Then, LMAO, they told us that all our prior awards will be changed to the year prior. So if you won in 2012, it was changed to 2011 and you automatically won 2016 (wtf?). They do bring clients to you, but contractors are treated like crap by them, until you threaten to cancel. Homestars is all about the money and I expect things to get worse now that HomeAdviser bought them. I know of and have reported companies on Homestars that are "cash" companies and they never do anything about it if its a paid advertiser.

Last edited by debias; 07-08-2017 at 01:00 AM.