HELP - Angie's List/Home Advisor Question

Old 02-16-2018, 06:56 AM   #1

Trade: Marketing
Rewards Points: 74

HELP - Angie's List/Home Advisor Question

Hello everyone! I am working on a presentation for the 2018 PDCA Paint Expo next week and was wondering if any painter's would mind sharing with me what they generally spend on a cost per lead basis with Angie's List and/or Home Advisor?

PM's are fine if people do not want to post publicly.

Thanks in advance for the help!

P.S.

I know many marketers come on here spamming/phishing for leads, so I have posted a link to the expo schedule below on the official PDCA website that notes our two sessions on Wednesday/Friday.

http://www.pdca.org/?page=18EXPOEducationInfo

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2018, 07:39 AM   #2
This space for lease

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 4,628

Re: HELP - Angie's List/Home Advisor Question

How is that not spamming?

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2018, 07:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangoWA View Post
How is that not spamming?
It's a simple research question and against the rules of this forum to solicit business in posts or private messages, which I strictly adhere to.

You can choose not to believe me, but I really have no interest in prospecting out of an anonymous message board, which is why I am speaking and running a booth at a painting contractor specific trade show.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:02 AM   #4
This space for lease

You're in marketing and want members to share their fees with you so it makes sense that you are interested in offering them an alternative. Otherwise, I don't get it. Why would you even care?
Old 02-16-2018, 08:11 AM   #5

Quote:
You're in marketing and want members to share their fees with you so it makes sense that you are interested in offering them an alternative. Otherwise, I don't get it. Why would you even care?
I am running a 75 minute small business digital marketing workshop next week for painting contractors with budgets under $500 per month. If you checkout the link, you can read that information on the official show site.

Beyond that, we don't sell leads and charge significantly more than that for our minimum retainer, so the information is going to be presented to a room of people who I will never work for.

Again, there is no value in prospecting an anonymous message board for my company.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: Remodeling (mostly kitch/bath)
Rewards Points: 2,796

tree fiddy !
Old 02-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #7
This space for lease

It makes less sense now. You want anonymous information from people you have no interest in for people who will never be your customers.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:25 AM   #8

Quote:
It makes less sense now. You want anonymous information from people you have no interest in for people who will never be your customers.
Have you ever done anything that is not self-serving to give back to the industry you work in? Like teaching someone something without expecting something in return?

I thought this was a forum to ask people questions about their marketing experiences in the contracting industry.

Rather than making a fake profile as a contractor I come on here using my real name, real picture, and ask a simple question, to which you instantly accuse me of a deceptive motive. Not everyone is trying to scam people out here.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:43 AM   #9
This space for lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronHockel View Post
Have you ever done anything that is not self-serving to give back to the industry you work in? Like teaching someone something without expecting something in return?

I thought this was a forum to ask people questions about their marketing experiences in the contracting industry.

Rather than making a fake profile as a contractor I come on here using my real name, real picture, and ask a simple question, to which you instantly accuse me of a deceptive motive. Not everyone is trying to scam people out here.
My experience has been that sales people are interested in sales and not much else. I don't know what difference the profile makes. It looks like sales to me so that's why I responded. Paying for a booth at an Expo so a sales company can simply give back to the industry just isn't credible to me. Others are free to draw their own conclusions.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #10

Quote:
My experience has been that sales people are interested in sales and not much else. I don't know what difference the profile makes. It looks like sales to me so that's why I responded. Paying for a booth at an Expo so a sales company can simply give back to the industry just isn't credible to me. Others are free to draw their own conclusions.
I run the digital marketing department for my business. Not sure which posts said I was in sales or that I have a booth at the trade show?

Old 02-16-2018, 09:11 AM   #11
This space for lease

You said you were working on a presentation for the Expo. You're in marketing but not sales? Sorry, no sale.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #12
Administrator

Trade: Administrator
Rewards Points: 12,708

Please take a moment to review our rules.
http://www.contractortalk.com/f130/c...-rules-278209/

Quote:
Service Providers (Web, SEO, Sales, and Marketing "gurus")
If you are a service provider who works directly with professional contractors on a daily basis you're welcome to join the site in a support role for contractors. You are NOT however allowed to self promote in any way. Please read through the following so you can better understand what role service providers can play on ContractorTalk.com.
I am going to go ahead and close this thread.

Advertisement

sidemouse (04-23-2018)