Has Anyone Dealt With A Website Developer Called Contractor Dynamics

Old 02-23-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: Window Treatments
Rewards Points: 2,722

Has Anyone Dealt With A Website Developer Called Contractor Dynamics

From the reviews they seem to be highly regarded by contractors.

http://contractordynamics.com

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 2,662

Re: Has Anyone Dealt With A Website Developer Called Contractor Dynamics

I clicked on one of their websites they did and all the I's are dotted and T;s crossed, nice site.

Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017, 01:29 PM   #3

Trade: sewer repair and replacement
Rewards Points: 40

All his clients seem to be listed. All you need do is pick up the phone and call a few of them. I'm sure they'd be happy to let you know if he is right for your contractor business.

Tracy
Aces Four

Old 04-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #4

Trade: Marketing For Contractors
Rewards Points: 64

Yes, I've referred one of my clients to Joe from Contractor Dynamics and he did an exceptional job. Definitely recommended.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:52 PM   #5
New Guy

Trade: Marketing
Rewards Points: 50

Just saw this thread which is funny because I have a buddy in the venture capital industry (Humble Ventures) that told me Contractor Dynamics emails him weekly about a new website for his construction company.

Glad to hear they do a good job with their websites if not their targeted marketing!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:51 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: Specialty Structure Aluminum
Rewards Points: 449

They do have some nice looking websites, but nice looking doesn't always translate to more sales / leads. I actually had a website that visually rivaled those of contractor dynamics however, after setting the site live, it actually generated fewer leads. Talk about a waste of $$$. Since then I have gone back to a more simple, basic, design.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
Non-conformist

Trade: Builder of businesses
Rewards Points: 1,136

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowork View Post
They do have some nice looking websites, but nice looking doesn't always translate to more sales / leads. I actually had a website that visually rivaled those of contractor dynamics however, after setting the site live, it actually generated fewer leads. Talk about a waste of $$$. Since then I have gone back to a more simple, basic, design.
I agree that great looking doesn't necessarily mean great results but I suspect more is going on here. A visually appealing presentation is important but what really matters is connecting with your target market. Combine that with a strong reputation and a bit of strategy, and your web site should serve as a cash machine. The strategy part depends on your particular situation because one size fits all doesn't exist.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:46 PM   #8
ChrisRigginsConst

Trade: Remodeling Contractor
Rewards Points: 44

They did my website. Very happy customer here. It was a pleasure working with them

chrisrigginsconstruction.com
The Following User Says Thank You to criggsbuilds For This Useful Post:
conductor (05-29-2017)
Old 05-28-2017, 11:02 PM   #9
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by criggsbuilds View Post
They did my website. Very happy customer here. It was a pleasure working with them

I like your site, and noticed you dont have a NAP in your footer, or anywhere else.

Ive been wondering if , since G changed things for service based companies that meet people at a different location, if it is still imperitive that we put our NAP on "every" page of our sites?

Long story short, how have your rankings been in the local pack?
Old 05-29-2017, 05:04 AM   #10
Kitchen Cabinets NJ

Trade: Kitchen Cabinets
Rewards Points: 442

Make sure to call their clients and ask everything that you want to know. It would be best if you had a first-hand recommendation but this can be an okay experience too.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:01 PM   #11
ChrisRigginsConst

Trade: Remodeling Contractor
Rewards Points: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
I like your site, and noticed you dont have a NAP in your footer, or anywhere else.

Ive been wondering if , since G changed things for service based companies that meet people at a different location, if it is still imperitive that we put our NAP on "every" page of our sites?

Long story short, how have your rankings been in the local pack?
Hi JBM,

I brought your comments up with MOTB guy when we were having a review and took some notes to answer. I hired motb to help me with many marketing topics including my website. I learned a lot with the toolbox classes, had a marketing plan created and even accumulated as much content as I could before deciding on any website company.

MOTB said your questions are valid as seo related question, but there were things we are strategizing from a marketing perspective that were more important than those seo topics.

Motb explained the NAP topic, and it seems it is not as imperative to my business since we are targeting different towns than the one I am located in. I will work in my town, but that business comes easy to me with or without a website. I have my name, address and phone on the contact page though.

My plan focuses on various rankings as I get the domain authority increased. Mine has been just 1 since the beginning of time. For now I am using the website to support my image building when sending out new bids. I am thankful for being so busy for many months out and can patiently wait to get the website statistics to move up, but I am building upon quality as opposed to volume.

Motb told me this is a good position to be in when the website is just getting moving along with seo topics impacting the search engines. We were not planning on reviewing rankings for a little longer but decided to do so out of curiosity when you asked the question. We were happy to see a few of my key services and my target locations were already being ranked. Nothing was ranked for anything previously. Motb told me to not focus on that at the moment since the site is just a few weeks old and he prefers to target continuity with ranking results.

He said there are things people may find on the website that can be viewed as weak when it comes to SEO but that would not reflect everything for my goal and budget. Sorry if I am not perfect with my answers. As a compliment, motb says you know what you are talking about and you will be way more detailed than me. I didnít want to respond sounding too misinforming but thanks for the compliment and comments since I learned a little more.
Chris
Old 06-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #12
Talking Head

Trade: Poking Things With Sticks
Rewards Points: 954

JBM, I just ran a trial with a friend's site and we were able to get into the snack pack without ANY address on the site. Conversely, they have another location that IS on the site, in the footer, and I can't get the NAP to stick with Google My Business. They keep reverting it back to the old(defunct) address.

I was using this as a test of local search citation value. I am having Address A(not on site) submitted to 25 local search citation sources(good ones) and the 4 aggregators. Address B is only on the site and submitted as a change of address to Google My Business. B has reverted back to the old address twice so far and A is in the snack pack for one search term, so far. It's early days yet, though. I believe that the info from the local search citations, with the old addresses, is a larger factor for Google than the website AND my verified submittals. That seems to indicate that local search citations heavily outweigh the value of NAP on the actual website.

One big caveat is that the listing for Address B is a modification of an existing listing. I should really have just created a new listing for this to be a better comparison but I wasn't going to mess up my friend's listings just so I could run a better test.
The Following User Says Thank You to EthanB For This Useful Post:
JBM (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Hi JBM,

My plan focuses on various rankings as I get the domain authority increased. Mine has been just 1 since the beginning of time. For now I am using the website to support my image building when sending out new bids. I am thankful for being so busy for many months out and can patiently wait to get the website statistics to move up, but I am building upon quality as opposed to volume.
Do you not think good ranking keywords is quality and volume at the same time?

Quote:
MOTB said your questions are valid as seo related question, but there were things we are strategizing from a marketing perspective that were more important than those seo topics.
Good seo just looks like content.

Quote:
He said there are things people may find on the website that can be viewed as weak when it comes to SEO but that would not reflect everything for my goal and budget.
No site is perfect and everyone's site could be tweeked here and there.

Quote:
My plan focuses on various rankings as I get the domain authority increased.
Right , increasing DA without a plan and hoping G will give you the good KW's is futile.

Quote:
As a compliment, motb says you know what you are talking about and you will be way more detailed than me.
Thats a great compliment, but being able to see good seo isnt the same as being able to do good seo. I have stopped learning about seo for the most part, let the web people do their web stuff. But im a heck of an armchair QB
Old 06-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #14
Pro

Trade: Carpenter/Handyman
Rewards Points: 1,484

Quote:

Nice looking site. I notice they even went as far as adding a CDN (Content Distribution network - speeds up service by distributing website to other locations)

You still need an SSL cert (google is huge on them)

how long ago did the site get built?
Old 06-09-2017, 01:34 PM   #15
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 2,552

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM View Post
Nice looking site. how long ago did the site get built?
We finished about a month ago. Any specific reason for that question?

Anyhow, the bigger challenge for me was organizing him with his content. His old site was all over the place (at no fault of his own). He had been doing so well for such a long time via Word Of Mouth and local connections that it took me some time to have him accumulate the content in a meaningful way. Then I had to educate him on the differences of the website options knowing many of the decisions are difficult for many to distinguish.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #16
Pro

Trade: Carpenter/Handyman
Rewards Points: 1,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTB View Post
We finished about a month ago. Any specific reason for that question?
nope, just curious.

Advertisement