Great Pros Leads (Actually Worked)

Old 11-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #1

Trade: Heating and Cooling
Rewards Points: 26

Great Pros Leads (Actually Worked)

I saw someone write about Great Pros working for them in the past so I decided to give them a shot a few months back. I'm usually pretty skeptical about these lead companies that promise the world and steal your money, but I'm willing to try anything for a month.

I've used Great Pros for about 2 months now, and have closed 18 jobs so far. Not every lead is perfect, but they're by far the best service I've used so far. Seeing every lead before paying for it is nice too.

It's worth a shot if you are looking for an additional lead source.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #2

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 24

Re: Great Pros Leads (Actually Worked)

Looks like you have to be a member of the BBB to join? Not going to do that for the $460.00 they quoted me about a year ago.
Glad they worked for you, thatís a great ROI.

Advertisement

Old 11-21-2017, 10:49 AM   #3

Trade: Heating and Cooling
Rewards Points: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMar Builders View Post
Looks like you have to be a member of the BBB to join? Not going to do that for the $460.00 they quoted me about a year ago.
Glad they worked for you, thatís a great ROI.
Yeah I don't think the BBB is getting us jobs directly either. There's always that customer every now and then that asks if we're BBB accredited so that's why we keep it... And thanks.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:03 AM   #4
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnw View Post
I'm usually pretty skeptical about these lead companies that promise the world and steal your money, but I'm willing to try anything for a month.

It's worth a shot if you are looking for an additional lead source.
Jeff,

While this approach for you may work, I do not think other contractors should try the tactic of just trying to try. In your case it may be working, especially since it seems you are not building your own marketing mechanisms to drive traffic to your own business via your own online initiatives.

All you are doing is paying in different directions while kicking the can down the road for your own direct opportunities.

Yes, this will work here and there, but that is not the correct planning for long term success.

We can write a story on listing all the names of HA, AL, PRCH, etc., etc., etc., of all the companies looking to try to sell you leads. The bottom line of the lead generation business is, they can do so since so many contractors simply do not put marketing as part of their business plan and they prefer to throw darts in too many directions.

There are just too many ways to spend your money more effectively for long term success. Remember, the phone will immediately stop ringing when you do not build your own marketing mechanism surrounded around your website.

And Yes, it may work here and there for some, but it should not be the first part of a sustainable marketing plan. So, if you are willing to try anything for a month, may I suggest you expanding on that to try building your own online image for a few months or quarters so you have results that last for life. Happy Thanksgiving too.
cbscreative (11-27-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 08:14 AM   #5
water re-locater

Trade: Gutter installer
Rewards Points: 1,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnw View Post
Yeah I don't think the BBB is getting us jobs directly either. There's always that customer every now and then that asks if we're BBB accredited so that's why we keep it... And thanks.

BBB is basically a donation for me. Only good thing it shows I've been a member for 15 years. Just something else that shows our longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to NYgutterguy For This Useful Post:
SmallTownGuy (11-24-2017)