Google AdWords And Landing Page - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Google AdWords And Landing Page

Old 12-05-2017, 10:45 PM   #1
New Guy

Trade: Kitchen and bathroom remodeling
Rewards Points: 16

Google AdWords And Landing Page

Hi guys need help with AdWords and a landing page . Iíve been using a web designer to run ads for me. itís been about 3 months and has cost me $1800 with little to no results. Looking some advice or someone that can help

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: Specialty Structure Aluminum
Rewards Points: 521

Re: Google AdWords And Landing Page

Seriously, there is a tooooooon to learn on adwords. More than anyone would post. If you want to learn it you have to sink in the time, and go with some trial and error. Learn to track conversions. Unless you have someone teaching you, it could take years until you have a great campaign in place.

The other suggestion is hiring an agency that, at least, offers full transparent reporting of calls, and web leads generated. Or finding one that charges per lead generated (through your own branded website, not a homeadvisor type of thing).

I suggest reading my post here on getting a handle on marketing costs.

Advertisement

Old 12-14-2017, 09:03 PM   #3

Trade: Painting, Landscaping, & Fence Installation
Rewards Points: 148

Might be worth looking into Facebook ads. I think they're cheaper than adwords, and you can show off some pics of nice jobs.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:23 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: Estimator
Rewards Points: 832

Wow man you need to fire that guy... $1800? really? Switch to Facebook. I'm spending about $10-$15 a day on Facebook and I'm bringing in 30-40 leads every single day. You may or may not believe me because thats way out of the ordinary but I'm not exaggerating on those numbers at all. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on about Facebook. (No i'm not gonna charge you to answer questions or take a look at your campaign)
Old 12-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #5

Trade: roofer
Rewards Points: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Craig View Post
Wow man you need to fire that guy... $1800? really? Switch to Facebook. I'm spending about $10-$15 a day on Facebook and I'm bringing in 30-40 leads every single day. You may or may not believe me because thats way out of the ordinary but I'm not exaggerating on those numbers at all. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on about Facebook. (No i'm not gonna charge you to answer questions or take a look at your campaign)
You are right Dean. I don't believe you. $10 a day is bringing in 30 leads? I know that Facebook runs about $.005 per impression. $10 a day is 2,000 impressions. 30 leads means you got 1.5% of those impressions to turn into a lead for an estimator. I don't know what you estimate but I don't know of a home service/contractor job where 1.5% of people on Facebook would need it right then.

Maybe you can say what it is you sell. I know it isn't roofing!

Chuck
Masters Roofing
The Following User Says Thank You to mastersroofing For This Useful Post:
prowork (12-19-2017)
Old 12-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Wiring
Rewards Points: 2,828

Are tou struggling with the landing page part or the AdWords part or both?

Are your landing pages setup to convert?

Perhaps post some links to yoyr landing pages and we can take a look

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: Specialty Structure Aluminum
Rewards Points: 521

My thought too.

If people that make these claims aren't 100% bull****ing, it's usually a very loooooooow quality lead. Like an email address only, that was given to get information about '______ (fill in broad range of services)'.

What I consider a lead, is full name, email, phone number, street address (in my area), and scope of work (usually just a selection option). I'm spending about $10-15 to generate them through facebook.

When someone tries to solicit some 'lead gen' services on FB or other, I tell them what I consider a lead and what my current costs are. They run away from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersroofing View Post
You are right Dean. I don't believe you. $10 a day is bringing in 30 leads? I know that Facebook runs about $.005 per impression. $10 a day is 2,000 impressions. 30 leads means you got 1.5% of those impressions to turn into a lead for an estimator. I don't know what you estimate but I don't know of a home service/contractor job where 1.5% of people on Facebook would need it right then.

Chuck
Masters Roofing
Old 12-22-2017, 08:28 PM   #8
Pro

Trade: Masonry
Rewards Points: 5,424

I don’t think dean is full of chit, I do think he is better at this than us though. That said you need a website that converts and ranks organically . If your site isn’t set up as a lead capture, your just wasting money.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:50 AM   #9
Hair Splitter

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
I donít think dean is full of chit, I do think he is better at this than us though. That said you need a website that converts and ranks organically . If your site isnít set up as a lead capture, your just wasting money.
Chit leads for chit hack work. He is full of chit. He's not getting 40k bathroom leads in that volume that quickly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Originally Posted by CarpenterSFO View Post
You ask for your money frequently, and you collect it quickly, else you stop working immediately.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #10
The Finisher

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 668

I've been advertising of FB for a loooooonnnngggg time now. Dean is full of ****. There is no way that he's capturing that many good leads in a day on that kind of budget.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:42 AM   #11
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 3,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishomepro View Post
Hi guys need help with AdWords and a landing page . Iíve been using a web designer to run ads for me. itís been about 3 months and has cost me $1800 with little to no results. Looking some advice or someone that can help
1st: Fire the people you are using, unless ...
2nd: Without knowing who you are and seeing your website, your services and locations, it unfortunately limits the right suggestions. Also, when it is a first time poster, sometimes it is hard to know if we are being baited to support stealth marketing.

Would you mind sharing your website, the ads and landing page so we can first see what it is you are looking to have critiqued? Thanks.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:00 AM   #12
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder

Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 3,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowork View Post
Seriously, there is a tooooooon to learn on adwords. More than anyone would post. If you want to learn it you have to sink in the time, and go with some trial and error. Learn to track conversions. Unless you have someone teaching you, it could take years until you have a great campaign in place.

The other suggestion is hiring an agency that, at least, offers full transparent reporting of calls, and web leads generated. Or finding one that charges per lead generated (through your own branded website, not a homeadvisor type of thing).

I suggest reading my post here on getting a handle on marketing costs.
Just a suggestion. You need to change your Avatar to Service Provider, and then the fun will begin (once others see you as someone intending to sell them in addition to educating them). Not that I do not mind additional competition at all. In fact, it is needed for all aspects of the industry.

But your goal of driving traffic to your site is to sell products, which is fine, but then others will treat you differently when you post. But the terms here are pretty strong and I would rather see you sticking around to help out in the muddy waters as opposed to being banned.

Good luck and looking forward to having more classes in the market too.
MOTB
Old 12-24-2017, 02:29 PM   #13
The Finisher

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersroofing View Post

Chuck
Masters Roofing
You could give away A WHOLE HOUSE OF FREE WINDOWS and still wouldn't get 30-40 leads in a day.

The thing that bothers me most about Dean, is he's your typical tricky bull****ting window salesman. I see them all the time, they come and go frequently after burning through an area screwing people over in their wake.

The good news is that most consumers these days are becoming more savy, so eventually, these tricky dick salesman will be forced to change their ways or be put totally out of business.
The Following User Says Thank You to lawndart For This Useful Post:
TNTSERVICES (12-24-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 07:30 AM   #14
Kitchen Cabinets NJ

Trade: Kitchen Cabinets
Rewards Points: 528

$1800 for 3 months sounds a lot. Why did you hire a designer to run Adwords campaigns for you? Try using a marketing agency. If they are good, they can give you an estimate up front and explain the costs, as well as to provide a full and transparent report after the first month. Also, they can educate you about different ways to use internet marketing for promoting your services. You shouldn't do only adwords but other stuff too. I'm not skilled so I cannot advise, but the agency we are using provides us with detailed reports at the end of each month and we get a lot of tips on seo and how to get organic results. These things take time, but when they show us reports, we see that it's actually working. Try to find someone more reliable, more qualified, and definitely more transparent.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:40 PM   #15
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Systems
Rewards Points: 1,524

I have tried fb ads to a landing page getting several clicks a day but these are cold leads at best.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2017, 09:51 PM   #16
New Guy

Trade: Kitchen and bathroom remodeling
Rewards Points: 16

Hi guys I didnít realize anyone responded to my post. All the replyís have gone to junk mail. Iím in Raleigh NC. I have a basic website Iíd probably give it C rating at best. The AdWords are being run to my homepage but Iím thinking a landing page would work better.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:34 PM   #17

Trade: Pressure Washing
Rewards Points: 20

Quote:
Hi guys I didnít realize anyone responded to my post. All the replyís have gone to junk mail. Iím in Raleigh NC. I have a basic website Iíd probably give it C rating at best. The AdWords are being run to my homepage but Iím thinking a landing page would work better.
Hey chris yea adwords gets pretty in depth. Running ads to your homepage may sound like a good idea but you'll get better ad relevancy by shooting ads to inner-pages (landing pages) with targeted URLs and the best on-site optimization. I'm learning myself so if you find anything let me know as well
Old 12-31-2017, 12:22 AM   #18
Pro

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 4,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Craig View Post
This is for your uncles business?
Old 01-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #19

Trade: Marketing
Rewards Points: 74

Quote:
Two tips to improve your results:

Your landing page will go a long way in making or breaking your campaign. It should demonstrate you are the solution to your visitors problem, point out a few reasons to hire you, and make it very easy to contact you with phone number clearly displayed and a contact form on the same page.

If your keywords are related to "roof repair", your landing page could have the headline "Free Roof Repair Quotes". Make sense?

Make sure you have negative keywords in AdWords to block all the searches you don't want to show up for.

Best of luck!
Old 01-31-2018, 10:11 AM   #20

Trade: Roofing
Rewards Points: 2

We've been doing Adwords for about a year now and finally have it fine tuned to where we want in terms of the right wording, keywords, negative keywords, etc. If you go in blindly, you are simply going to sink a lot of money and get no results. It took 1-2 months of running the campaign and doing slight tweaks on a regular basis to get to where it is now. But if you put in the time and effort, it pays off big time! Of course you will get some bad leads but then again, we've done the math and 30% of the Home Advisor leads are bad leads, but much much more expensive. Most people will blow a couple hundred dollars and call it quits because they got no leads. Research and tweaking is key to get the right kind of audience.

Alex
https://www.homeevolution.net

Advertisement