Good Source For Leads ??

Old 02-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #1

Trade: Roofing
Rewards Points: 6

Good Source For Leads ??

Hello

I am a General Contractor, but mostly I do Roofing.
I am looking for a good source for leads. I am Already using EstimateMyProject.com, i am really happy with their service and their prices are reasonable, however i want to use couple of sources not just one, so if anybody has suggestions or recommendations please let me know.

Thank You

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2017, 04:44 PM   #2

Trade: tree service
Rewards Points: 24

Re: Good Source For Leads ??

I am familiar with EstimateMyProject and I can't believe you like it. My experience is that they burn through your money and give you nothing. If I were you I'd check out just about any other 3rd party lead service as I think you would get better results.

Chet
A Total Tree Service

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #3

Trade: painter

Our best leads and lead source comes from keeping in contact with past customers. You may want to look into some type of constant communication with them. A monthly newsletter? An email? Anything. We still get leads from people we painted for in 2006 when we started our own company.

Last edited by pdhpainting; 02-02-2017 at 05:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pdhpainting For This Useful Post:
ockitchenking (04-26-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #4
Visitors To Leads Founder

Trade: Marketing for Contractors
Rewards Points: 190
Send a message via Skype™ to mgilmer

I would look into adwords and/or facebook.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #5

Trade: Roofing

Thank You Chet for your suggestion. I will definitely look into that but can you tell me what kind of leads you were getting from EstimateMyProject.com, because they provide general contracting leads mostly Roofing and HVAC and as far as i figured you are doing tree service.

Thank you
Old 02-03-2017, 07:08 PM   #6
Kitchen Cabinets NJ

Trade: Kitchen Cabinets
Rewards Points: 254

Have you ever tried Porch https://porch.com/?
Old 02-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: Roofing & General Contractor
Rewards Points: 60

I have Homeadvisor for when I'm desperate for leads, but if I relied on them for my business I would go broke. Most lead services (I've used many through the years) give the customer information to 3 other contractors and I find the vast majority of the customers to be tire kickers. I am actually landing 1 out of 10 leads... averaging $550.00 per job in lead cost with them... This past year I have enriched my website and plan to turn on Adwords or another form of advertising to drive the business my way instead of paying someone else for their advertising efforts.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodStuff For This Useful Post:
ockitchenking (04-26-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 09:23 AM   #8

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakbd View Post
Have you ever tried Porch https://porch.com/?
Porch.com is actually something I have tried, and I would suggest staying away from it in my opinion. They actually are just a skin for GoSmith another lead service. When a customer sends in a request you think its only though porch for 3 guys, they double down on their profits and send it out to up to 5 more on go smith. It's pretty expensive for this kind of system when they charge like $50 for a bathroom lead.

Your best online leads come from websites, facebook, google organic listings, google places. There are some smaller lead generation sites that you can sign up for that are free. Those are the ones I usually did since free is no risk right?

Those ones are smaller and just starting out so they offer it for free so the homeowners have someone to respond, so your helping the service out and in return you get free leads. This is how go smith was years ago, before they started charging a lot. I landed a few jobs from them back then and I loved it. You could also try out Elocalroofers they will send leads for free or at least a few of them that if you capitalize on even one of the free ones that job will pay for a ton more.

I try and stay away from thumbtack it was great when it first started, but now it's just under the table kind of contractors running around on there. You cant compete with them and you just have to wait for them to get fed up. I personally don't want my business showing up with guys who look sketchy and are not real businesses since I sell the idea that I offer a "premier product" not just a "remodel".

So if you want high quality leads your marketing has to provide this, having a great website with a contact box is a big help. Those people who contact will be practically almost sold if you hit their price specs in their mind. You will win those bids over any other guy since you were who they WANTED to come.

If you don't have a website try to pay around $60 a month for one. There are many that are super expensive and they promise the world, but its really the same thing.

I have gone down the SEO traps too, and those are just a big burn of money.

Generally just having a better more high tech approach will land you projects. You should be sending estimates/invoices electronically to meet the 30-40 year old crowd that is glued to their smartphone.

Of course word of mouth is best, and referrals. Facebook works well with this.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:35 AM   #9
New Guy

Trade: Remodeling(Kitchen/Bath)
Rewards Points: 54

Check out Houzz.com It has high end clients who pay big bucks.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #10
New Guy

Trade: Windows
Rewards Points: 108

If any of you are using home advisor or simlar lead generating services, you MUST close the sale on the first visit. None of this " im a nice guy" bs and you dont believe in one call closing. If you dont close, the next guy will. You may get lucky from time to time but overall, you will be urinating in the wind.
If you just rely on " word of mouth" then you are a contractor. If you utilize various forms of marketing, you are a salesman. If you are a salesman, you need to learn how to close. If not, you are wasting all that hard earned money you spend on marketing.

Last edited by Windowcentric; 02-12-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:30 PM   #11
Contractor Marketing Pro

Trade: Contractor Marketing Solutions
Rewards Points: 12

From my experience (10+ year ad executive), direct mail to homeowners in your target market(s) is by far the best approach.

I've had countless clients absolutely over the moon with results using this marketing channel.

Why does it work so well? Because it places your offer directly into the hands of decision-makers without built-in competition. It is worth noting that everything you do online is inherently loaded with competing offers.

Direct mail puts the spotlight on your business -- and only your business.

Best of luck!
Old 03-31-2017, 04:09 PM   #12

Trade: Estimator
Rewards Points: 108

Hire college kids to go knock on doors with a good pitch.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:10 PM   #13

Trade: Pressure Washing
Rewards Points: 2

A well optimized website is good source for leads as well as having backlinks etc.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:56 AM   #14
Pro

Trade: H.v.a.c.
Rewards Points: 3,322

Gotta try something that is different from everybody else. Rubber stamp with a roofing message is a relatively cheap investment. Then stamp away on post-its. The message may get thrown away frequently, but they will recognize your name, and eventually, might get a call.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #15

Trade: Digital Marketing For Local Businesses
Rewards Points: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoProWash View Post
A well optimized website is good source for leads as well as having backlinks etc.
Exactly this. Optimize your website, get it ranked higher, preferably in top 3 and the 3 pack as well, and you will have daily calls.
Also, you could create a video and try ranking it as well.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:24 PM   #16

Trade: Tile Installation
Rewards Points: 4

Hey I've used Lowe's referral program. You may want to check them out. Also, we've had some luck with an SEO guy. Let me know if you're interested and i'll hook you up.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:34 AM   #17

Trade: Outdoor Kitchen Contractor
Rewards Points: 2

If you know what you're doing, Facebook ads are the way to go. By far, the best ROI.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #18
New Guy

Trade: Website Design & Marketing
Rewards Points: 42

Well to combine a lot that has been said. The first thing you should consider is a website. If you already have one, is it converting browsers into customers (You can use analytics to see this). That should be the stepping stone of all you do. People want to know who you are and what services you offer, in a nut shell, why should they use you.

I would consider Google Adwords as a great lead source. Facebook can work well, but it can be costly with no real solid return. Consider your industry and what you do when looking at lead generation. If it's bigger contract work, or something people would urgently need, then Google will work best. If it's work people may consider getting done over a weekend, Facebook can work well.

Lastly, referrals. They can be the bread and butter of your business. Previous clients giving you work for peanuts! A great job completion sequence would help this. Make them the hero of the job and give them great service along the way.

Summary: WEBSITE! We've had start up companies gain massive success just from this. If you are passionate about what you do and your service is good, the rest will follow.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #19
New Guy

Trade: General Contractor and Contractor Business Man
Rewards Points: 60

I posted something similar recently but some of the best ways to get new leads is as follows:

Do keyword research for your area and run google ads.

Do a postcard system that hooks into your QuickBooks that automatically mails your customers a thank you card and a coupon for them to give to a friend. This method also drives up online reviews on your website, facebook page, yelp page, manta page, and google list page.

The most sustainable way of getting repeat business.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #20

Trade: Marketing
Rewards Points: 20

Another great lead source beyond everything mentioned is just making sure you have a professional profile, accurate information, and fresh reviews on the big home improvement and review sites (Angie's, YELP, HomeAdvisor) plus Facebook and Google My Business.

We also have a local client that is having solid success with some old school print advertising in the hyper local publications branding themselves as the "community roofer". When I say hyper local I am talking as granular as HOA newsletters and the weekly town newspaper that reports on youth sports.

Final piece of advice: Find what works for you and run with it!

Advertisement

Tags
contracting , leads , marketing , roofing