Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Metalman5301's Avatar
 
Trade: Metal Roofing
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 11
Rewards Points: 22

Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


Hey Guys,

I took over the company i was running for the past 7 years. The owner wouldn't invest into the company and we never could get enough leads. We only do metal roofing. We do a high end metal shingle or panel and standing seam if we have to. I never could get a handle on how to get leads the best way. With a niche product we need a big net to catch clients. Does anyone do their own adwords campaigns? I want to do a very targeted ad campaign, so im confused at why i should hire someone when i can go right on to google and do it myself. I need some insight on this if you have done it, and recommendations.

Paying someone to go in and select the most popular keywords, write a short ad and publish it is not that hard. What am i missing here? Should i be hiring someone? What are you doing for leads?
Metalman5301 is offline  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

   

Advertisement

 

Old 10-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
Pro
 
Dean Craig's Avatar
 
Trade: Estimator
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 368
Rewards Points: 802

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman5301 View Post
Hey Guys,

I took over the company i was running for the past 7 years. The owner wouldn't invest into the company and we never could get enough leads. We only do metal roofing. We do a high end metal shingle or panel and standing seam if we have to. I never could get a handle on how to get leads the best way. With a niche product we need a big net to catch clients. Does anyone do their own adwords campaigns? I want to do a very targeted ad campaign, so im confused at why i should hire someone when i can go right on to google and do it myself. I need some insight on this if you have done it, and recommendations.

Paying someone to go in and select the most popular keywords, write a short ad and publish it is not that hard. What am i missing here? Should i be hiring someone? What are you doing for leads?
Let me ask you this first. Do you have a sales process in place? Do you go into the house and do a presentation or what does your process look like from the time the lead reaches out to you and a closed deal. Based on your answer I can give you advice on your lead generation

Advertisement

Dean Craig is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 02:37 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Metalman5301's Avatar
 
Trade: Metal Roofing
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 11
Rewards Points: 22

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Craig View Post
Let me ask you this first. Do you have a sales process in place? Do you go into the house and do a presentation or what does your process look like from the time the lead reaches out to you and a closed deal. Based on your answer I can give you advice on your lead generation
Dean,

I do have a sales process in place. I get leads sent over and call to setup an appointment. I have a script to follow that i go through price conditioning the client a little bit and trying to get both parties to the table for me. I had a girl doing this for me at the old company but now its me for now. I have an 8 step sales process that i can close on faily effectively. I am off my game here it seems though, im just getting back in the field. The sales process i have is on a ipad. I walk the customer through it setting up trial closes all along and try for the one call close at the end. I am really good at building value in the home.

JB
Metalman5301 is offline  
   
 
Old 10-11-2017, 03:19 PM   #4
Pro
 
Dean Craig's Avatar
 
Trade: Estimator
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 368
Rewards Points: 802

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman5301 View Post
Dean,

I do have a sales process in place. I get leads sent over and call to setup an appointment. I have a script to follow that i go through price conditioning the client a little bit and trying to get both parties to the table for me. I had a girl doing this for me at the old company but now its me for now. I have an 8 step sales process that i can close on faily effectively. I am off my game here it seems though, im just getting back in the field. The sales process i have is on a ipad. I walk the customer through it setting up trial closes all along and try for the one call close at the end. I am really good at building value in the home.

JB
Awesome man. So what I can tell you is if you set up an ad on Google the right way you'll defiantly get some leads. I assume you researched to see how many people a month are looking for metal roofs and its a lot right? The reason I don't like using adwords is because 1 its expensive to show up for the popular keywords and 2 your only getting people that are actively having contractors out and are shopping and have appointments set up after you for another estimate that they want to see before they make a decision and blah blah blah.

Now that's perfectly fine if you have a process set up like you do and your really good at getting past all those objections but I personally like to do it a little different.

Instead of doing what every one else does and putting up an ad that says "were the best call us now for a free estimate!" and paying a bunch of money for those keywords and working harder to convince them to cancel there other estimate appointments and go with you today..

what we like to do is capture people when there still in the research phase and aren't actively having contractors out. I capture all the people in a 25 mile radius that are even remotely thinking about eventually buying what I sell and I turn all those people in to buyers right now. Its much cheaper, its a much easier sell, and none of your competitors are doing it that way. its called a Lead Funnel.

Go to the forum and read my post titled " How I book 15+ remodeling appointments every single week" its a long read but it will explain in detail how to set up an effective lead funnel. Its easier then it sounds. that solves all your lead problems forever.

Last edited by Dean Craig; 10-11-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Dean Craig is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Craig For This Useful Post:
Metalman5301 (10-11-2017), pathbuilder (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Metalman5301's Avatar
 
Trade: Metal Roofing
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 11
Rewards Points: 22

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


outstanding!! Can i erase this all afterwords so my competition doesnt see it!!!!
Metalman5301 is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #6
Pro
 
Dean Craig's Avatar
 
Trade: Estimator
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 368
Rewards Points: 802

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman5301 View Post
outstanding!! Can i erase this all afterwords so my competition doesnt see it!!!!
haha if they do see it they probably don't care enough about there business to actually commit to themselves and there family that there going to grow this business and find out how to set one up properly for themselves. Selling is easy. I can teach my way of selling in like 2 hours. The real value is turning cold traffic into warm ready to buy leads.

If you have a full pipeline of leads all your worries instantly vanish and you have the ability to grow your business and income to any level that you want. If I had to choose between a professional closer and a professional lead generator, I hire the lead generator every single time.
Dean Craig is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Craig For This Useful Post:
Metalman5301 (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Metalman5301's Avatar
 
Trade: Metal Roofing
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 11
Rewards Points: 22

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


This stuff gets me charged up.. I wish you were close by, id love to learn your process. I can tell you this, im strong in the house. I sell myself, educate on the product, do trial closes and then close. I got a line from someone once, when the customer says " Look im not buying a roof today" I kindly respond, "the last thing im going to do is ask you to buy a roof today." And it is.... Its the last thing im going to do!! I love it.

Im different than most in sales, im willing to listen. I dont claim to know it all and ill soak up what i can from another sales guy- to better myself.

Id love to learn more about your sales process.
Metalman5301 is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #8
Pro
 
Dean Craig's Avatar
 
Trade: Estimator
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 368
Rewards Points: 802

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman5301 View Post
This stuff gets me charged up.. I wish you were close by, id love to learn your process. I can tell you this, im strong in the house. I sell myself, educate on the product, do trial closes and then close. I got a line from someone once, when the customer says " Look im not buying a roof today" I kindly respond, "the last thing im going to do is ask you to buy a roof today." And it is.... Its the last thing im going to do!! I love it.

Im different than most in sales, im willing to listen. I dont claim to know it all and ill soak up what i can from another sales guy- to better myself.

Id love to learn more about your sales process.
yea man feel free to send me a message on here anytime I can give you some tips and insight on my process. Its probably unlike anything you've seen before.
Dean Craig is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 06:01 PM   #9
Registered User
 
learning2101's Avatar
 
Trade: Home Improvements
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
Rewards Points: 10

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


Metalman I am in greensboro nc I have customers call asking. PM me maybe we can make this a win-win situation.
learning2101 is offline  
Old 10-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Metalman5301's Avatar
 
Trade: Metal Roofing
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 11
Rewards Points: 22

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


Unable to PM you, Hit m up, jb@metalroofnc.com
Metalman5301 is offline  
Old 10-22-2017, 02:22 PM   #11
Registered User
 
RyanRestoration's Avatar
 
Trade: Tile & Slate roofing
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 12

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


Hi Metalman,

I am a Tile and Slate and Copper Man.

You need to take a better approach to showing how unique you are. Then you surround the web pages with a topic called SEO. It means Search Engine Optimization. The topics are not too hard to understand but it does take a little time to learn and organize yourself. I did so with another group here, but I just rather show you results that a specialty roofer like yourself can appreciate.

A year ago I would not have been able to do this without an understanding and a plan.

http://tileandslateroof.com/areas/ev.../roof-mansion/

Check it out and let me know if I can guide you to someone who I know can walk you through what is needed.

Dan
Ryan Restorations
RyanRestoration is offline  
Old 10-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Painting FH's Avatar
 
Trade: Painting
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 5
Rewards Points: 14

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


15 bids per week is awesome! Congrats!
Painting FH is offline  
Old 10-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Painting FH's Avatar
 
Trade: Painting
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 5
Rewards Points: 14

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


You will need a landing page instead of just directing them to your website. A landing page should have numerous call to actions and your goal is them to call you immediately or fill out the contact us form before going to another website. Most home pages of websites have too many places for the consumer to leave to and they aren't concentrating on contacting you immediately. You have to grab their attention and demand they focus!
Painting FH is offline  
Old 10-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #14
Pro
 
prowork's Avatar
 
Trade: Specialty Structure Aluminum
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 215
Rewards Points: 473

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


Quote:
Originally Posted by Painting FH View Post
You will need a landing page instead of just directing them to your website. A landing page should have numerous call to actions and your goal is them to call you immediately or fill out the contact us form before going to another website. Most home pages of websites have too many places for the consumer to leave to and they aren't concentrating on contacting you immediately. You have to grab their attention and demand they focus!
I disagree with you on this. I don't send any traffic to a 'landing page' and I pull 100+ leads a day (that number has been over 2000 per day since hurricane in my area) through the website many from paid sources.

There's no need for smoke and mirrors, if they needs your services, and you present your reputation and knowledge (content), a simple website works is fine.

Actually 2 years ago I ditched a pricey, visually beautiful design, complete with every internet marketing conversion optimization trick in the book, and went back to a site on basic wp theme.
__________________
Facebook Business Owner Support Group (over $1 million revenue): Right now its just me and my close circle of mostly home service biz owners talking about growing our businesses, and dealing with the frustration of not having anyone to tell us "good job" at the end of the day. Feel free to join!
prowork is offline  
Old 10-23-2017, 04:29 AM   #15
Roofinity
 
RobertM's Avatar
 
Trade: Roofing and Remodeling Lead Generation & SEO
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 16
Rewards Points: 92

Re: Generate Leads For Metal Roof Company


Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman5301 View Post
Hey Guys,

I took over the company i was running for the past 7 years. The owner wouldn't invest into the company and we never could get enough leads. We only do metal roofing. We do a high end metal shingle or panel and standing seam if we have to. I never could get a handle on how to get leads the best way. With a niche product we need a big net to catch clients. Does anyone do their own adwords campaigns? I want to do a very targeted ad campaign, so im confused at why i should hire someone when i can go right on to google and do it myself. I need some insight on this if you have done it, and recommendations.

Paying someone to go in and select the most popular keywords, write a short ad and publish it is not that hard. What am i missing here? Should i be hiring someone? What are you doing for leads?
You should probably hire someone who can not only set-up an effective Google AdWords campaign and landing pages for your top cities and counties, but also someone who can help you optimize your website's user engagement and path to conversions. Case in point:

New England Metal Roofing Company was facing a similar dilemma -- having to cast a wide net in order to target homeowners interested in standing seam and metal shingle roofs, a high-end product costing twice as much as asphalt shingle roofs.

Although, they were doing some SEO for organic visibility and Local Search optimization, the leads and phone calls were few and far between. ROI on PPC was not great. People would come to the site, poke around, and bounce off.

The game changer was achieved in two ways; improving user engagement and optimizing/setting up a clear path to conversion aka phone calls and email estimate requests.

The user engagement and conversions were increased by 200% after the addition of a small, custom roofing calculator for homeowners. The calculator wasn't designed to provide the exact estimates, but rather to offer a ballpark idea and act as a pre-estimate qualifier, thus driving user engagement and facilitating estimate requests aka conversions: http://www.newenglandmetalroof.com/r...alculator.html

Following that simple implementation, their user engagement rate has improved by over three fold and qualified leads started flowing in.

Following this implementation, they restarted their previously under-performing Google AdWords campaign, only this time the ROI was real and money spent on ads was recouped by new prospects ringing the phone and signing job contracts.

Eventually, the company started ranking number 1 for Metal Roofing Boston, at which point the AdWords campaign was no longer necessary. Today the company is getting dozens of qualified daily phone calls and 50 to 100 email estimate requests per month.

Moral of the story, before investing heavily into AdWords, make sure you have highly engaging landing pages for each city you are targeting and a well-optimized path to conversion.

Good Luck!

Advertisement


Last edited by RobertM; 10-23-2017 at 04:39 AM.
RobertM is offline  


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Metal roof deck to existing shingle roof interface ranmoo Roofing 9 10-16-2017 09:19 AM
Want to generate more leads What is the best bang for buck? Bigheadnick Marketing & Sales 104 03-30-2016 08:09 AM
Finally designed some handy wiggy/mm leads for less than $1 DemRem Tools & Equipment 2 06-06-2013 01:09 PM
Type of leads from servicemagic. abmremodel Online Leads Services 9 11-29-2012 02:40 PM
rehash leads with a second company contractorjay Marketing & Sales 22 06-13-2012 06:33 PM

Join Now... It's Fast and FREE!

I am a professional contractor
I am a DIY Homeowner
Drywall Talk is for
PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTORS ONLY!

At DrywallTalk.com we cater exlusivly to professional contractors who make their living as a contractor. Knowing that many homeowners and DIYers are looking for a community to call home, we've created www.DIYChatroom.com DIY Chatroom is full of helpful advices and perfect for DIY homeowners.

Redirecing in 10 seconds
No Thanks
terms of service

Already Have an Account?