Fool Proof Way To Land More Jobs Around Your Current Job.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Estimator
Rewards Points: 802

Fool Proof Way To Land More Jobs Around Your Current Job.

Let's start another super popular 200+ reply thread.

How many of you are canvassing around your existing jobs? I do something really simple but super effective everytime we land a new job.

As soon as the job is sold we canavass door to door in the neighborhood and basically just let people know we're working in the area and hand them an ad piece with a really exciting offer on it. We defiantly go in for the kill to set an appointment if it presents but we don't push to hard like you normally would with cold canvassing and just let the flyer do the selling.

Of course just like anytime you go canvassing you get a bunch of nos and a couple appointments.

After we actually complete the job in the neighborhood we send a flyer out to the same people but this time with a before And after picture of the remodel we just did at there neighbors house, a copy of a handwritten testimonial from the homeowner on the flyer with them recommending us, and sometimes (if they let us) a picture of the homeowners standing by the project with a smile, and of course another great offer to get them to take action.

This two step process usually lands us 3-4 more jobs in the same neighborhood every time we do it.its super simple but works.

If your not comfortable actually knocking on the door and talking to the homeowner you can even just flyer the houses in the neighborhood for the initial sweep when you first get the job and flyer the same houses with the ad piece I mention above when the job is done. It works just as well.

I'm sure a lot of you already do something like this but in sure there's a couple people who don't and it's probably one of the easiest ways to land more jobs in a neighborhood so I thought id share.

It's a instant credibility booster for yor company and people take action because there own neighbor recommended you so you must be trust worthy and it sparks the keeping up with the joneses effect amoung a couple other things.

Boom! Let the hate begin lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Craig For This Useful Post:
daffysplumbing (10-15-2017), heavy_d (10-15-2017)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #2
edward trowelhands

Trade: Diplomat
Rewards Points: 3,198

Re: Fool Proof Way To Land More Jobs Around Your Current Job.

Nothing wrong with this one.

Advertisement

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Golden view For This Useful Post:
Californiadecks (10-13-2017), Dean Craig (10-12-2017), rselectric1 (10-12-2017), TNTSERVICES (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: General and Electrical Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Craig View Post
We defiantly go in for the kill to set an appointment if it presents but we don't push to hard like you normally would with cold canvassing...

It's a instant credibility booster for yor company and people take action because there own neighbor recommended you so you must be trust worthy and it sparks the keeping up with the joneses effect amoung a couple other things...

Boom! Let the hate begin lol
Dean, no offense but you sound like a sleazy, pushy salesperson, unlike most of us here who are honest hardworking craftsmen trying to build a business that will not only feed our families but provide us with an occupation we can be proud of and enjoy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJ Contractor For This Useful Post:
CharlieDelta (10-13-2017), greg24k (10-12-2017)

Old 10-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Contractor View Post
Dean, no offense but you sound like a sleazy, pushy salesperson, unlike most of us here who are honest hardworking craftsmen trying to build a business that will not only feed our families but provide us with an occupation we can be proud of and enjoy.
The work we do looks awesome and the homeowners always love it when it's done. We give them exactly what they want. Your telling me sticking a flyer by someone's front door to get a couple extra jobs is pushy?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #5
Pro

I am not solely talking about this thread. Go and reread some of your previous posts. You come across as very immature and narcissistic. Not someone I would ever do business with or take advice from. I will say a prayer for you tonight.

Lay Up Treasures in Heaven
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Matthew 6:19-21 New King James Version (NKJV)
Attached Thumbnails
Fool proof way to land more jobs around your current job.-screen-shot-2017-10-12-8.42.40-pm.png  

Last edited by NJ Contractor; 10-12-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
I am not solely talking about this thread. Go and reread some of your previous posts. You come across as very immature and narcissistic. Not someone I would ever do business with or take advice from. I will say a prayer for you tonight.
I was thinking the exact same thing. You could offer me 20k right now and id laugh at you. Can't teach people who aren't willing to listen.

Your telling me putting flyers by someone's door doesn't work right?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
I was thinking the exact same thing. You could offer me 20k right now and id laugh at you. Can't teach people who aren't willing to listen.

You're missing the point. I don't care about selling more and more and making more and more money. There will never be enough for a guy like you. I have enough. I am happy with my business and do not intend on growing it any larger. I am taking the entire month of December off and traveling with my wife while you pass around flyers and try and close more deals. I have work booked until Summer 2018 and pick and choose who I work for. We all make choices in life my friend. Be careful what you choose.

No man can serve two masters: for either he. will hate the one, and love the other; or else. he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (money). Matthew 6:24

Last edited by NJ Contractor; 10-12-2017 at 09:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJ Contractor For This Useful Post:
greg24k (10-12-2017), overanalyze (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
You're missing the point. I don't care about selling more and more and making more and more money. There will never be enough for a guy like you. I have enough. I am happy with my small business and do not intend on growing it any larger. I am taking the entire month of December off and traveling with my wife while you pass around flyers and try and close more deals. I have work booked until Summer 2018 and pick and choose who I work for. We all make choices in life my friend. Be careful what you choose.

No man can serve two masters: for either he. will hate the one, and love the other; or else. he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (money). Matthew 6:24
In need booked out like that. I hire more people to get it done and grow. If your booked out like that your company is stagnant. The purpose of a business is to make money for the founder and share holders. Mabye you should do some research on what a business actually is and the purpose. What your describing is a hobby not a business.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Craig For This Useful Post:
twinfallsroof (10-13-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #9
Pro

Quote:
In need booked out like that. I hire more people to get it done and grow. If your booked out like that your company is stagnant. The purpose of a business is to make money for the founder and share holders. Mabye you should do some research on what a business actually is and the purpose. What your describing is a hobby not a business.
I am the founder and own 100% of the shares of my corporation. And yes while by definition it is a business, I do like to consider it a lucrative hobby - thank you for clarifying.

Keep grinding, if that's what floats your boat.
Attached Thumbnails
Fool proof way to land more jobs around your current job.-carrot.jpg  
The Following User Says Thank You to NJ Contractor For This Useful Post:
A&E Exteriors (10-14-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:24 PM   #10
Hair Splitter

Trade: General
Rewards Points: 2,302

Quote:
The work we do looks awesome and the homeowners always love it when it's done. We give them exactly what they want. Your telling me sticking a flyer by someone's front door to get a couple extra jobs is pushy?
Prove it. What is your company name? Perhaps a website. Let's see this work. Heck, just post some pics.
Originally Posted by CarpenterSFO View Post
You ask for your money frequently, and you collect it quickly, else you stop working immediately.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNTSERVICES For This Useful Post:
CharlieDelta (10-13-2017), greg24k (10-12-2017), slickhick (11-05-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #11
Hair Splitter

Quote:

See, there you go again. You want people to attack your methods and when they don't you do it for them.

I have asked several times on the other threads, what is the secret. You have only given broad answers with no real education behind them. You need to learn how to inspire in order to be able to teach.
You ask for your money frequently, and you collect it quickly, else you stop working immediately.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TNTSERVICES For This Useful Post:
CharlieDelta (10-13-2017), greg24k (10-12-2017), heavy_d (10-15-2017), slickhick (11-05-2017), SmallTownGuy (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:27 PM   #12

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 132

Aw man, not this thread too. Let's leave the chatter for the other post, please keep this one on topic. Please? Even for me, a noob?
Old 10-12-2017, 09:29 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathbuilder View Post
Aw man, not this thread too. Let's leave the chatter for the other post, please keep this one on topic. Please? Even for me, a noob?
Dean Craig is that you?!?
Old 10-12-2017, 09:30 PM   #14
Hair Splitter

Quote:
See, this is what people are trying to tell you. When someone doesn't want to do it your way, you use words like stagnant and hobby. You are here to validate yourself, not lift others up. I would say that is your years showing, but I know plenty of younger guys in the trades and sales that are twice the man you are.

It is not stagnant but a plateau. He has reached a goal and is maintaining that goal. A business is a vehicle to making a living. You started this thread off so well, but I am afraid you really just want validation through insults.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:32 PM   #15
Hair Splitter

Quote:
Tell that to your boyfriend. Did you not see where he wants people to disagree with him?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNTSERVICES For This Useful Post:
avenge (10-12-2017), SmallTownGuy (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTSERVICES View Post
Tell that to your boyfriend. Did you not see where he wants people to disagree with him?
Dean Craig = pathbuilder
Old 10-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #17
Hair Splitter

Quote:
Dean Craig is that you?!?
I don't know if path is a plant but there is another member that I am sure is a plant. My guess to why he won't tell us the company he works for is he really is a contracted sales person and works for several companies. I think he made up this thing about his brother to help validate his points. If you go back and read the threads you will notice he didn't start mentioning this partnership until he was challenged. Until he posts his company name or website, I have a feeling he's a consultant or contracted sales company trying to drum up business for himself. He all but admitted most PM him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNTSERVICES For This Useful Post:
greg24k (10-12-2017), SmallTownGuy (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTSERVICES View Post
I don't know if path is a plant but there is another member that I am sure is a plant. My guess to why he won't tell us the company he works for is he really is a contracted sales person and works for several companies. I think he made up this thing about his brother to help validate his points. If you go back and read the threads you will notice he didn't start mentioning this partnership until he was challenged. Until he posts his company name or website, I have a feeling he's a consultant or contracted sales company trying to drum up business for himself. He all but admitted most PM him.
Yeah probably right, whatever, I am not impressed. Just having some fun. Have a good night.
The Following User Says Thank You to NJ Contractor For This Useful Post:
TNTSERVICES (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:38 PM   #19

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 132

Boyfriend? Your off the deep end. HOW is that conducive to business?

Keep calling names, keep fighting, I don't care, just keep it to one thread. For the sake of CT, keep it to one thread. Everyone.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:47 PM   #20
Pro

Trade: Handyman Services
Rewards Points: 9,499

Quote:
Boyfriend? Your off the deep end. HOW is that conducive to business?

Keep calling names, keep fighting, I don't care, just keep it to one thread. For the sake of CT, keep it to one thread. Everyone.
"Everyone" is not to blame.

The OP is the one who started multiple threads, all leading back to his supposed greatness that's yet to be verified. It doesn't even pass the test for reasonableness. Always closes in one visit...15 minutes...big projects...everybody's always happy. Gimme a break. Do you relate to this?

Advertisement

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MarkJames For This Useful Post:
Californiadecks (10-13-2017), CharlieDelta (10-13-2017), FrankSmith (10-13-2017), Jaws (10-13-2017), Joe Pro (10-13-2017), TNTSERVICES (10-12-2017)