Facebook Giveaway - Marketing & Sales - Contractor Talk

Facebook Giveaway

Old 02-04-2018, 07:30 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Carpentry
Rewards Points: 1,210

Facebook Giveaway

I was given a pair of tickets to our local home and garden show for the beginning of March. They where trying to get me to have a booth next year. Did the same thing with the renovation show. I didnít use that last ones and have no plan on using these tickets.

Thought it might be good for the business to give them away on Facebook. Thoughts?

I am not a Facebook person only have the business page and have never had a personal one so Iím not sure the best way to proceed. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Jason

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2018, 06:39 AM   #2
Kitchen Cabinets NJ

Trade: Kitchen Cabinets
Rewards Points: 528

Re: Facebook Giveaway

Did you create your FB business page? If you did, you had to have your personal profile in order to do that. Either way, you can post on your Facebook page with ''Create an offer, discount or deal'' option. Post a pic of the tickets, mark where can people redeem the tickets - in the store or online, mark when does your offer expire, explain terms and conditions. One step will lead you to another, it's pretty easy. But in order for this to work, you should have some active followings on Facebook. Otherwise, I'm not sure how many peple will be able to see your post.

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakbd View Post
Did you create your FB business page? If you did, you had to have your personal profile in order to do that. Either way, you can post on your Facebook page with ''Create an offer, discount or deal'' option. Post a pic of the tickets, mark where can people redeem the tickets - in the store or online, mark when does your offer expire, explain terms and conditions. One step will lead you to another, it's pretty easy. But in order for this to work, you should have some active followings on Facebook. Otherwise, I'm not sure how many peple will be able to see your post.

Sorry you miss understood.

I have had a business Facebook page for a number or years. I post weekly so it gets fairly good traffic.

I have never had a personal Facebook page so I donít know much other than how to post on my business page.

What would you recommend for choosing the winner. Random choice of the people who comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-05-2018, 02:40 PM   #4
Pro

This is what I see when I open my Facebook on my phone. Not sure where to create a offer.

Does it need to be done from a computer?

The Following User Says Thank You to Stunt Carpenter For This Useful Post:
Mordekyle (03-02-2018)
Old 02-05-2018, 05:11 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Systems
Rewards Points: 1,558

I tried this once with sports tickets gave away about 10 pairs of tickets on Facebook sure it drew in people but not a single job and was a huge waste of time and money.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
Kitchen Cabinets and Tile

Trade: Kitchen Cabinets, Countertops, Tile
Rewards Points: 80

If you get some traffic, then you don't have to invest in promotion, so one problem solved. Just make sure to update the post daily so your followers get reminded. I'm not sure how would I choose the winner, most probably I would ask why is it important to them to go to this show and then I would choose the answer I liked the most (it can be the funniest answer for example, but it will depend on the answers you get, of course).
Old 03-02-2018, 12:34 PM   #7
New Guy

Trade: remodeling
Rewards Points: 44

I think the overhead of doing this is going to be higher than you want. I would suggest you give them to some friends and call it good. Home show tickets for remodeling shows are not expensive and it isn't going to drive traffic to you. Just hassle.

Ken
Estate Homes
Old 03-05-2018, 08:18 AM   #8
Kitchen Cabinets NJ

Trade: Kitchen Cabinets
Rewards Points: 528

It's beginning of March. How did the giveaway go?
Old 03-05-2018, 10:22 PM   #9
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakbd View Post
It's beginning of March. How did the giveaway go?

Ended up being a dud. Got lots of traffic on the post but only two comments(People needed to comment to enter to win)

I think it proves why I donít want to be apart of the show. My target demographic has no interest in these shows like I though

Old 03-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: Low Voltage Systems
Rewards Points: 1,558

Facebook in general I find can have a very high impression rate for cheap but click through and conversion is generally extremely low less than 2%.

There used to be a member here tedanderson who swore by Facebook ads for tv wall mounting

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2018, 08:21 AM   #11
Kitchen Cabinets and Tile

Trade: Kitchen Cabinets, Countertops, Tile
Rewards Points: 80

Sorry to hear that. Yeap, Facebook became very complicated with constant changing of their algorithm. We don't want to pay all the time, and we don't, engagement is zero. So, this month, we're starting with Instagram to check the situation there.
Old 03-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #12

Trade: general contractor
Rewards Points: 38

Sorry it didn't work out

Advertisement