Brochure Design

Old 01-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: General Remodeling
Rewards Points: 250

Brochure Design

We are looking for someone to layout and design a brochure for our small home improvement company. Not sure if we should use a local company or someone "out there". Seems like it might be tricky to come up with the photography needed for one for a local printing company where we are. We have laid out a rough idea of what we would like for text and such. If you have some information that might help please let me know.
Looking forward to some Spring here!
Thanks,
Dave

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 01-31-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
Insert title

Trade: Doors-Windows-Decks
Rewards Points: 2,000

Re: Brochure Design

www.kbkgraphics.com I just used this company for my new business cards, I will post some pictures next week. Several people on this site use them for their design and printing.

BTW, nice site.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
Pro

Trade: seamless gutters
Rewards Points: 500

we just had one done. its 8x11 and had it done locally. its a bifold and had them stamped for a business card holder inside. wwe hired a local designer and local printer. u can do it online but the designer said it wasnt worth it. if i were u dont try to save money hire a good local graphics designer and printer so when they have a proof ready you can see and touch it
Old 01-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Pro

Trade: General Remodeling
Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgutters View Post
we just had one done. its 8x11 and had it done locally. its a bifold and had them stamped for a business card holder inside. wwe hired a local designer and local printer. u can do it online but the designer said it wasnt worth it. if i were u dont try to save money hire a good local graphics designer and printer so when they have a proof ready you can see and touch it
nl, Do you remember about how much it was to do the design with the local company?
Thanks

Thanks Doug, I'll check out their site also for kbk.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: seamless gutters
Rewards Points: 500

yeah i believe it was about 2 grand. but it was a lot of bach an forth and a lot of worh for him. the brouchures were bi fold with a pocket for the estimate and cut out for business cards. they are printed on the best paper i could get and 2000 of them were about $2,500. but well worth it... don't do it online
Old 02-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
A stickler for excellence

Trade: Roofing
Rewards Points: 79

www.sevensindesign.com

Amazing work, it garners attention.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
windows & siding

Trade: windows and exterior remodeling
Rewards Points: 526

If you are looking for something really reasonable check out vista print. They have templates etc that look pretty decent.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:54 AM   #8
Long Island Roof Washers

Trade: Vinyl Siding & Replacement Windows , Power Washing
Rewards Points: 77

Just did mine at vista print. Easy to do and they look pretty good. Cost me about $75 for 50 pc. I will order more after I get the design the way I want it.