Basetweave Wood Tile

Old 04-16-2017, 12:10 PM   #1

Trade: Residential Contracting
Rewards Points: 84

Basetweave Wood Tile

No designer involved on this job; just a wood floor removal(wood failure) and replace with tile.

HO looking at porcelain wood look planks and asked about incorporating this basket weave type tile into home.

Majority of home will be the wood planks, but my question is- where is this type of basketweave typically used? I recommended mud room, office and maybe TV room. Is there is a common area that this is used in?(is kitchen or hallway typical?) seriously have no idea.

Want to offer a great idea and don't want to look dumb...

Second picture is kitchen, with tile over wood for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Basetweave wood tile-img_7014_1492358841648.png   Basetweave wood tile-img_7013_1492358979030.jpg  

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #2
Pro

Trade: mason
Rewards Points: 8,156

Re: Basetweave Wood Tile

Just my own feel on this. This type of pattern should be used in a room with a rather large open expanse of floor. That is why the add depicted such. Rooms where layout will be interrupted by islands,jogs,or small dimensions are not a good candidate,just my opinion.

Advertisement