Well It Looks Like We Are Getting

Old 02-20-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: Plastering, Drywall, Painting, Woodworking, Stucco
Rewards Points: 1,066

Well It Looks Like We Are Getting

Boy I don't know how many of you guys that are seeing the down turn now, but from what is being written about our trades are going to keep lossing jobs, how does it look in your neck of the woods, here's a story I got sent to me. not good.

Matt Phair, HousingZone Contributing Editor
February 19, 2010
HousingZone
Market conditions for residential remodeling dropped during the fourth quarter of 2009 to 36.4 from 39.8 in the third quarter, according to the latest National Association of Home Builders’ Remodeling Market Index (RMI). The RMI measures remodeler perceptions of market demand for current and future residential remodeling projects. Any number below 50 indicates that more remodelers say market conditions are getting worse than report improving conditions.

The index for current remodeling market conditions slumped in most regions and on all types of projects:

•In the Northeast down to 27.7, from 33.7 in the third quarter
•In the Midwest to 37.5, down from from 43.2
•In the West down to 41.7, from 47.3.
•Major additions declined to 40. from 41.9.
•Minor additions fell to 40.7, from 43.2.
•Maintenance and repair plunged to 27.1, from 33.1.
One bright spot was the South, where the current index rose slightly to 40, from 38.6.

Summary indices for future market indicators exhibit bleak expectations for the remodeling market. Calls for bids dropped to 37.5, from 46.5 in the third quarter. Appointments for proposals slid to 34.4 from 43.5. The backlog of jobs reduced to 31.9 from 37.2 and the amount of work committed for the next three months fell to 21.9 from 27.5.

According to NAHB Chief Economist David Crowe, although earlier quarters of 2009 showed tentative improvements for remodeling market conditions, remodelers have seen work fall backward at the end of the year. Remodelers are feeling the effects of consumers’ uncertain job future, their level of confidence and unwillingness to spend their equity or savings. The RMI has been running below 50 since the final quarter of 2005.
HEY WERES ALL THE JOBS OBAMA SAID HE WAS GOING TO CREATE?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 02-20-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
Pro

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 250

Re: Well It Looks Like We Are Getting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankawitz View Post
HEY WERES ALL THE JOBS OBAMA SAID HE WAS GOING TO CREATE?
... what he failed to tell you was most of the new jobs would be for bankruptcy attorneys

The Following User Says Thank You to rwa For This Useful Post:
Magnettica (02-20-2010)
Old 02-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
Pro

I guess then this story is about Par right now

Muni Threat: Cities Weigh Chapter 9
by Ianthe Jeanne Dugan and Kris Maher
Thursday, February 18, 2010
provided by

Just days after becoming controller of financially strapped Harrisburg, Pa., in January, Daniel Miller began uttering an obscure term that baffled most people who had never heard it and chilled those who had: Chapter 9.

The seldom-used part of U.S. bankruptcy law gives municipalities protection from creditors while developing a plan to pay off debts. Created in the wake of the Great Depression, Chapter 9 is widely considered a last resort and filings under it are more taboo than other parts of bankruptcy code because of the resulting uncertainty for everyone from municipal employees to bondholders.

More from WSJ.com:

• HHS Warns of Double-Digit Increase in Health Premiums

• States Sink in Benefits Hole

• Opinion: It's the Spending, America

The economic slump, however, is forcing debt-laden cities, towns and smaller taxing districts throughout the U.S. to consider using Chapter 9. As their revenue declines faster than expenses, some public entities are scrambling to keep making payments on municipal bonds. And that is causing experts to worry about the safety of securities traditionally considered low risk.

"People believe that municipal debt is safe based on assumptions that are no longer true," says Kenneth Buckfire, managing director and chief executive of Miller Buckfire & Co., an investment bank that has worked with corporations on restructurings and now is advising municipalities. For example, it isn't safe to assume that governments can raise taxes to cover shortfalls, he says.

Even threatening bankruptcy signals that municipalities are willing to compromise the security of bondholders, says Richard Raphael, an analyst at Fitch Ratings. That makes it harder for cities and towns to raise money from investors and will slow the U.S. economic recovery.

In Harrisburg, which is Pennsylvania's capital and has a population of about 47,000, a March 1 deadline is looming on a payment of $2 million out of the $68 million due this year for the financing of an incinerator plant. The facility has about $288 million in overall debt.

"Bankruptcy is inevitable," Mr. Miller says. "We are in a terrible bind." A budget passed Saturday by Harrisburg's city council didn't include any funds to cover the debt payments, according to the city clerk's office. More from Yahoo! Finance:

• New Tax Laws to Know

• 7 States With No Income Tax

• A Bizarre Year for the Estate Tax

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit the Taxes Center

Harrisburg Mayor Linda Thompson, a Democrat elected in November, opposes a bankruptcy filing and has presented an emergency plan that includes selling some of the city's assets. She couldn't be reached for comment. A spokeswoman for the mayor says Ms. Thompson is working on the plan.

Michele Torres, executive director of the Harrisburg Authority, which oversees the incinerator plant, says there are sufficient reserve funds to make the March 1 payment to bondholders. But that doesn't fix the problem. "No matter how perfect the facility runs, it just can't generate enough … to meet the $288 million debt," she says.

Since Chapter 9 was enacted in 1934, just 600 cases have been filed under the code, partly because they require state approval. Some municipalities have found escape hatches, such as raising taxes. The largest Chapter 9 case was filed in 1994, when Orange County, Calif., lost $1.6 billion on wrong-way bets on interest rates.

But many experts fear that a surge in municipal bankruptcy filings is unavoidable. "The day of reckoning is coming," says Michael Pagano, dean of the University of Illinois at Chicago's College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs.

To keep cities and towns from toppling into Chapter 9, more states are likely to make use of state laws to assume oversight of financially distressed municipalities, he predicts. Pittsburgh, for one, has been operating under such a law since 2004.

Vallejo, Calif., a city of about 116,000 people near San Francisco, has been trying to rejigger worker contracts in bankruptcy court since it filed for Chapter 9 in 2008, after buckling under declining real-estate values. Some union contracts expire later this year, and Vallejo is attempting to scrap them and start over.

In San Diego, political leaders have faced outside pressure to file for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection as a way to get around benefits packages for public workers. San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders has publicly dismissed the idea.

Last month, Las Vegas Monorail Co., a nonprofit with over $600 million in municipal bonds, filed for Chapter 11. The company runs a 3.9-mile monorail system along the Las Vegas Strip that has been hammered by the downturn. Ridership shrank 21% last year from 2008. According to Fitch, while the monorail is covering its operating costs, default "is virtually certain" on a payment due in July.

Ambac Assurance Corp., the bond-insurance unit of Ambac Financial Group Inc., is seeking to have the case converted to a Chapter 9 proceeding. The insurer contends that the company is akin to a municipality. A judge is set to decide on the petition later this month.

Sandy Hoskins, interim chief executive of Sierra Kings Health District in Reedley, Calif., worked for nearly 30 years as an auditor and financial consultant. He says he never heard of Chapter 9 until October, when Mr. Hoskins filed a bankruptcy petition for the hospital system. "There was no other way around it," he says. With low cash balances, "there were vendors not even willing to do business with us. It was a critical situation."

Mr. Miller, Harrisburg's controller, also sees no way out of the financial squeeze. The city's per-capita debt of $9,500 is the highest in Pennsylvania and triple the debt load of Philadelphia, he says. And selling parking facilities or other properties in a fire sale would cost Harrisburg future revenue. A spokesman for Pennsylvania Gov. Edward Rendell says Harrisburg hasn't sought help from state officials.

"We can't raise taxes; they're already very high," Mr. Miller says. "If we did, people would just leave. It's cheaper to move out to the suburbs."
Old 02-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
Pro

Trade: GC/ Peace Keeper/#1 Financial Burden Carrier
Rewards Points: 75

Need for federal workers in the welfare departments and unemployment offices has increased.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
Head Grunt

Trade: Electrical Contractor&Home Maintenance
Rewards Points: 2,086

Well, i aint got no big words or terms here to use. Aint got no extensive education either about budgets and finances but IMO our society has gotten too soft and caring about the supposed ill fated. Our Governments have been supporting and coddling too many people for too long at the tax payers expense and now it is costing all of us. What we need to do is stop all the welfare, SSI and disability crap, hire investigators to research and prove that some of the honest folk do need it. All the savings can be put back into the system for hiring laborers for road repairs, ditch work, tree trimming along the roads, new bridges, building repairs, etc. Too many scum have been sucking off the tax payers tit for too long and now it is time to get off their butts and get to work. Who cares if your "stupid", you can still dig a ditch. I see too many folks with "bad backs" out riding ATV's, snowmobiles, and motor cycles all day yet they cant work anymore. How many welfare scum are out there shopping at Walmart everyday on our dime? Do you really know how much $$$ some of these folks bring in per month? I bet you would be shocked!!! There is one women here in my town on SSI "stupid check" who has never worked at all in her life yet she is given a house to live in, a car to drive and all expenses paid by the tax payer!! I spoke to another fella "inmate" back when i was in Corrections who was bringing in $2k per month to live on. Again it was SSI "stupid check" he was getting. How many folks working normal jobs bring that money home? And this guy also had never worked a day in his life and was still collecting a check while in jail. Rant over for now!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to woodchuck2 For This Useful Post:
72chevy4x4 (02-21-2010), Big Shoe (02-25-2010), eastend (02-21-2010), edwardbros (02-21-2010), FremontREO (02-20-2010), mccarty.74 (02-25-2010), pinwheel (02-22-2010)
Old 02-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: GC/ Peace Keeper/#1 Financial Burden Carrier
Rewards Points: 75

I think mandatory drug tests for all welfare recipients and free child care for working single parents would help. And no tax credit unless you or your spouse (if married) is employed full time.

If a citizen of the United States needs help while getting back on their feet, then okay....but there should be time limits to welfare and Government aid...6 months should be sufficient to start over, unless you are going to school.
Tom Struble (02-23-2010), woodchuck2 (02-23-2010)
Old 02-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
TKO-TotalKitchenObsessed

Trade: Kitchen and bath design
Rewards Points: 502

Yes things are bad. And this (not mine) govt insists we are only in a recession. This govt only publicly admitted we were in a recession 2 Decembers ago when in fact the recession was already 2 years old. It was about that point when by all neutral opinions we entered a full fledged depression.

Feel like arguing about that because you believe everything your govt tells you? Try this:

We are in a deep depression. The most corrupt crooked government ever, Pigs with badges are out of control, an honest and true unemployment rate (not the one the govt reports) over 20%. Over 2 trillion dollars in home equity has evaporated. Factory production at it's lowest level since before the other great depression of 1928. The economy has lost more jobs this year then in any year since WW2, payroll has dropped to it's lowest level since the great depression, our construction industry has been decimated. Once the most powerful companies on earth.... (GM and Ford) who spelled American might are dead in the water and have drowned. Over a trillion dollars in lost retirement nest eggs gone.....used for survival money...poof...gone....bla bla bla....

Why do we have 52 choices to vote on for Mrs America and all are good choices yet we only have 2 choices for the most important job in the world of President and both choices suck?

I ain't afraid to say I am scared for our country and the little hope there is for the future. But for the moment, I am scared for the trade I love so much and the future of it. The fact that our homes will continue to lose value for many many many years to come is what will be the death of America.

Welcome to The Peoples Republic of the United States of China.
jaros bros. (02-22-2010), THINKPAINTING (02-22-2010), woodchuck2 (02-23-2010)
Old 02-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
Pro

Trade: General Contractor

I'm not buying it. We're poised to have the biggest recovery ever, if we can control Obama's overspending. Most people I know have continued to work and they are saving all their money. Sooner or later they are all going to want those things they've been putting off, and they are going to be in a better position to do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to abacab For This Useful Post:
nlgutters (02-20-2010)
Old 02-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #9
TKO-TotalKitchenObsessed

Trade: Kitchen and bath design
Rewards Points: 502

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacab View Post
I'm not buying it. We're poised to have the biggest recovery ever, if we can control Obama's overspending. Most people I know have continued to work and they are saving all their money. Sooner or later they are all going to want those things they've been putting off, and they are going to be in a better position to do it.
Most of us applaud your positive attitude. But what proof can you come up with that points to anything positive about the economy. Most people you know continue to work. That is awesome. Keep in mind that your little world (that is not meant to disrespect you) is just that.....little, when you open your eyes and arms and realize the honest, true and factual numbers out there. Not the one your govt tells you. I mean the honest numbers in this big country.

Every single month we are loosing over 400,000 jobs. Consider yourself lucky none of them are your family members. But never loose sight of the fact that every month 400,000 more families will wonder how to pay for the roof over their head and feed their kids. The food banks are overflowing. Look at the lines, is there a food bank near you where you can see the lines wrapped around the building with your own eyes? All that waiting in the cold, rain and snow for a bag of canned goods which is all the food their family will get that week.

All I ask of you is do not lose sight of all those who are in very very deep financial trouble and hungry out there through no fault of their own. Be grateful for what you have.
Frankawitz (02-20-2010), THINKPAINTING (02-22-2010)
Old 02-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: Outdoor contracting: fences and decks
Rewards Points: 500

Ok. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, has a facility to generate power that has a debt of 288 million dollars. One official is quoted as saying that at full production the facility wouldn't make enough money to cover that debt.
First, how does a community of 47,000 people decide to build a facility costing that much? Second, did none of the bean counters figure this out before the first spade went into the ground?

On another point:
What is SSI? How does someone get SSI payments? Is it some sort of welfare?

In my opinion, a great part of the USA's problem is the decline in manufacturing. The great companies have moved so much of their production facilities to other companies that all that is left is service Mcjobs, paying much less.
Today, when you phone a call centre, you ofeten get someone in India, or wherever, where the wages are a 10th of what they would be here. You have child labour making clothes (Oh, Nike and the other big names say THEY don't do that, but's lets get real; of course it is happening), and shoes, and whatnot.
Japan has taken over our automotive and electronics industries, not so much by cheaper labour, but by being better.
The decline in amnufacturing, and subsequent shift in jobs out of the country has hurt the economy more than anyone micht have expected 10 years ago. And the government stood by and watched.
OK, I'm not a Canadian USA-bashing here; the exact smae thing has happened here in Ontario, which used to be the financial heart of Canada, exporting billions of dollars of manufactured goods daily. No more.

In the meantime, the CEO's of major companies have gone from earning on average 20 times their lowest paid workers to some 400 times as much, on average. How do you justify, for example, Home Depot giving it's CEO $400,000,000 in severance pay?
And what about the obscene bonuses paid to the people on Wall Street?
All of this helps keep prices and costs up, instead of allowing us little guys to get ahead.

Anyway, this is just a rant inspired by s few of you other posters. I have not researched it, and my statistics are undoubtedly wrong, but, jeez , I'm so tired of beating my head against the wall.
Say what you will.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #11
Contractor

Trade: Excavation, Foundation, Concrete
Rewards Points: 2,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Mountain View Post
Ok..............
.............Say what you will.

Keep your chin up men, keep your shoulder to the wheel.

We will get through this, and be better for it.

We have been through tough times before and we will prevail, the economy will turn, and we can be prosperous again.

That's all I have to say on the subject.

www.gebcon.com
The Following User Says Thank You to tgeb For This Useful Post:
jlhaslip (02-25-2010)
Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
Pro

Trade: Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgeb View Post
Keep your chin up men, keep your shoulder to the wheel.

We will get through this, and be better for it.

We have been through tough times before and we will prevail, the economy will turn, and we can be prosperous again.

That's all I have to say on the subject.

Exactly! I try to focus on the little picture, what can I do today. Keep the bills paid and try to plan for the future.

It's a big system, there is plenty of room for any individual to be successful regardless of what the news may say.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:17 AM   #13
Pro

When it comes to the Economy People have to have JOBS to turn the Economy around and as long as unemployment stays high we will see a very slow crawl out of this down turn. Obama has used all this Taxpayer money for what! To help Banks that will not loan money unless you have Perfect Credit I know my Credit is in the sh*t can and unless I can land a couple jobs that pay over $20,000.00 it will take me years just to get back to a Poor Credit rating When I have to compete for work against guys who get Unemployment Benefits or who took Buy Out money and now these azzwads are Contractors and offering plaster and paint jobs at $75.00 a room
It will be a long hard climb out of this SH*T CAN I find myself in. WTF! How come People who work for 25 years at maintaining a Quality Business treating Customers Fair and now have to scrape the bottom of the barrel just to try and make ends meet. Boy I wish I could get Government Social Security, But I know that aint gonna happen, my girlfriend has Epilepsy(10 years now), Arthristis in both knees and feet(2 years), carpoltunel in both arms(6 years), is Clinically Depressed(5 years) and she can't get any help after 10 years applying for SSD, she can not get a job cause of the Epilepsy she can't drive either(Doctor and State took her License). But if she was of color well then it would be just fine and she would get SSD or SSI
So what it all comes down to is this ALL the MORONS who are Incumbents to the US Congress and the US Senate who have been at the Taxpayer Feed bowl for more the 5 Years need to be VOTED OUT send their LAZY azzes Home The Congress and Seante need a Major F*****G Wake Up Call.
They don't want to give the American People the Right to Work then WE DO NOT NEED THEM
THIS IS THE PROBLEM GOVERNMENT F***S

Last edited by Frankawitz; 02-22-2010 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 AM   #14
Pro

Trade: Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankawitz View Post
When it comes to the Economy People have to have JOBS to turn the Economy around and as long as unemployment stays high we will see a very slow crawl out of this down turn. Obama has used all this Taxpayer money for what! To help Banks that will not loan money unless you have Perfect Credit I know my Credit is in the sh*t can and unless I can land a couple jobs that pay over $20,000.00 it will take me years just to get back to a Poor Credit rating When I have to compete for work against guys who get Unemployment Benefits or who took Buy Out money and now these azzwads are Contractors and offering plaster and paint jobs at $75.00 a room
It will be a long hard climb out of this SH*T CAN I find myself in. WTF! How come People who work for 25 years at maintaining a Quality Business treating Customers Fair and now have to scrape the bottom of the barrel just to try and make ends meet. Boy I wish I could get Government Social Security, But I know that aint gonna happen, my girlfriend has Epilepsy(10 years now), Arthristis in both knees and feet(2 years), carpoltunel in both arms(6 years), is Clinically Depressed(5 years) and she can't get any help after 10 years applying for SSD, she can not get a job cause of the Epilepsy she can't drive either(Doctor and State took her License). But if she was of color well then it would be just fine and she would get SSD or SSI
So what it all comes down to is this ALL the MORONS who are Incumbents to the US Congress and the US Senate who have been at the Taxpayer Feed bowl for more the 5 Years need to be VOTED OUT send their LAZY azzes Home The Congress and Seante need a Major F*****G Wake Up Call.
They don't want to give the American People the Right to Work then WE DO NOT NEED THEM
THIS IS THE PROBLEM GOVERNMENT F***S

I don't really see how it can be fixed. There are tons of baby boomers that worked at solid jobs their whole lives, now they are getting the ss and benefits they earned. Then there are all the gov programs paying out other monies.

Can the rest of us pay in enough to keep the system afloat given what average jobs pay now?

Add in that companies seem to feel no loyalty to employees or their country, whatever will put another dollar in their pocket is the way they go. Top if off with millions of illegals trying to make a living.

Lets not even talk about gov spending or their refusal to work together for the common good.

There are still alot of very comfortable people out there, the big office buildings, hospitals, government, etc all still have alot of great jobs. Most of us on this forum probably do not fit into that catagory.

I guess what I am saying is if you are waiting for it to get better you may have a very long wait.

Make it better yourself..need to do a bankruptcy to shed some debt? Better companies than you do it seemingly everday. Move to a better area, or make a career change, get a business partner, find a big company you can sub something from, whatever it takes.

On the credit thing paying off the bad debts won't really improve your credit unless they delete the negatives when you pay.

Any gov programs you can qualify for?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #15
Pro

Trade: Remodeling 30+ yrs
Rewards Points: 2,500

This just sent to me today, So true!

545 vs300,000,000EVERY CITIZEN NEEDS TO READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS JOURNALIST HAS SCRIPTED IN THIS MESSAGE. READ IT AND THEN REALLY THINK ABOUT OUR CURRENT POLITICAL DEBACLE.

Charley Reese has been a journalist for 49 years.

545 PEOPLE

By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You
and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason.. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking
thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to
determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party. What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall.. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi. She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red ..

If the Army &Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems..

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are
their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it.......... Is up to you.

This might be funny if it weren't so darned true.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the mostprosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.What in the hell happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'
And I still have to 'press 1 for English' ?

I hope this goes around THE USA at least 100 times!!! YOU can help it get there!!!
GO AHEAD - - - BE AN AMERICAN!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snobnd For This Useful Post:
Renegade 1 LI (02-26-2010), woodchuck2 (02-23-2010)
Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #16
Pro

Trade: Remodeling 30+ yrs
Rewards Points: 2,500

More from the email.

Tax his land,
Tax his bed,
Tax the table
At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
Tax his mule,
Teach him taxes
Are the rule.

Tax his work,
Tax his pay,
He works for peanuts anyway!
Tax his cow,
Tax his goat,
Tax his pants,
Tax his coat.
Tax his ties,
Tax his shirt,
Tax his work,
Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
Tax his drink,
Tax him if he
Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
Tax his beers,
If he cries
Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
Tax his gas,
Find other ways
To tax his ass.

Tax all he has
Then let him know
That you won't be done
Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
Then tax him some more,
Tax him till
He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
Tax his grave,
Tax the sod in
Which he's laid.

Put these words
Upon his tomb,
Taxes drove me
to my doom...'

When he's gone,
Do not relax,
Its time to apply the inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax

CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
Gross Receipts Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Personal Property Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service Charge T ax
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax
Sales Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Ser vice FeeTax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge=2 0Tax
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

Old 02-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #17
nick@nite

Trade: Painting
Rewards Points: 500

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work...6/the-new-poor
Old 02-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #18
Pro

Trade: entrepreneur of excavating expertise
Rewards Points: 2,100

this needs to go to P&R

(Denick) The only good things to learn are the things worth teaching others
The Following User Says Thank You to dayexco For This Useful Post:
Tom Struble (02-23-2010)
Old 02-23-2010, 04:09 AM   #19
Pro

Yeah it's gone political now. I was just asking how areas around the Country were being affected by the down turn in remodeling. Now we have to hear about the Gov. and who runs the show, that's why come midterm Election ALL INCUMBENTS need to be VOTED OUT
Old 02-23-2010, 06:38 AM   #20
Pro

Trade: siding
Rewards Points: 3,032

agreed Frank everyone of them is a traitor to this country for putting party politics before the good of this country...every g**damn one