Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

vinyl wall aper removal questions

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  chris n 
#1 ·
I have some commercial (vinyl) wall paper to remove.
I've removed my far share of paper but is there a trick to removing vinyl.
And as far as the glue I have herad mixed reviews on diff and vinegar
any suggestions would be great.

#2 ·
About the easiest to remove

the vinyl face of the paper is usually thick enough to just pull off--leaving only a thin layer of paper on the wall to remove.

Pick a corner of the face loose and start pulling.

I use warm water and diff in a garden sprayer to loosen the paper backing.

scrub off glue with a green scrub pad.

MIKE
P.S. a roll of carpet protector is a good investment to keep baseboard and floor dry.(This stuff is like a 30" wide roll of Scotch Tape)

#4 ·
some of what i'm gonna say was always posted but whatever. first dont use one of those wheels they are not good for vinyl. what you wanna do is pull off the face as much as you can, then once that is finished, put down a drop cloth, i use diff spray. spray it on the backing (the brown stuff that will be left behind on the wall. again dont use a wall paper scoring wheel. let that baby soak good.) i highly recommend using a garden sprayer., and not the spray bottles. you'll saturate the wall more with a garden sprayer. once you have done that, i like to use a puddy knife and scrap it off. it'll come off easy by the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.