Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

snow guards for membrane roofing?

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Tinstaafl 
#1 ·
A company was hired through an architect to install a membrane roofing on a building with a 2/12 pitch. The owners have found that during the winter it is very labor intensive to keep the area around this building free of snow. The snow slides slowly off this roof, causing a need for someone to stop by every hour to clear the small amount of snow that fell off the roof in order to keep the sidewalk safe.
When questioning the roofing company about a suitable snow guard to install, I have been told that anything attached to the roof will void the warranty. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop the snow from sliding off the roof without risking the warranty???

#3 ·
Not to high jack a possible diy'r thread but what do they use on rubber roof? I've never seen anything installed ever. My parents have a full dormer on their house, 1/12 pitch. Snow starts to melt just a bit, water gets under the ice and it slowly floats off until it crashes down with a hellish bang.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.