Problems With Sealoflex Waterproofing

Old 09-25-2007, 05:29 PM   #1

Trade: Roofing and Waterproofing
Rewards Points: 10

Problems With Sealoflex Waterproofing

Sorry didnt have a subtopic area for waterproofing so I figured id try here and others close: My company has had some major problems with Sealoflex Waterproofing Systems. We have installed a Sealoflex system on a major south florida venue and have had countless blisters bubble up through the deck. We have made contact with Sealoflex and they have made suggestions to rectify the problem that we have spent time and money pursuing with poor results. If anyone else is having problems with them or their product PLEASE contact me ASAP!

Thanks
Neil Wilson

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #2

Trade: General

Re: Problems With Sealoflex Waterproofing

Sounds like the problem is humidity in deck. Look into venting the deck.

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #3

Trade: plans examiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebo112 View Post
Sorry didnt have a subtopic area for waterproofing so I figured id try here and others close: My company has had some major problems with Sealoflex Waterproofing Systems. We have installed a Sealoflex system on a major south florida venue and have had countless blisters bubble up through the deck. We have made contact with Sealoflex and they have made suggestions to rectify the problem that we have spent time and money pursuing with poor results. If anyone else is having problems with them or their product PLEASE contact me ASAP!

Thanks
Neil Wilson
Hi I just had that crap put on my home. I am holding back $14,000.00 so I can reside my home with vinyl siding. What turned out to be just a salesman who did very little himself sub out everything to bunch of clowns who either broke or screwed up what ever they did. I have been on their butts for days to fix an correct stuff. It started to peal days after it was applied and the stucco panel has cracked after only 4 days. It isn't so flexible after all.

Plans Examiner
Old 10-09-2007, 05:32 PM   #4
New Guy

Trade: General Contractor
Rewards Points: 25

Hello,
I'm very interested in knowing more about both of your problems with Sealoflex! The products used, the prep, the training of the installers, the underlying materials ect. I've applied a lot of Sealoflex products with nearly no problems and no callbacks. Maybey I can help with the current problems and maybey I can prevent others from having future problems.
www.BeckConstruct.com
Old 10-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #5

Trade: Roofing supplies

I laid a sealoflex system on some balconys and also laid the wear coat (granules) by there prefered method of chicken feeding the granules onto the clear glue. After about 2 weeks the wear coat started coming up in patch's. After contacting the Sealoflex tech he came down and re-applied the granules over the patch's to find weeks later they came up again. He took samples for lab test's but I've herd nothing. This was almost 2 years ago now and it's just got to court by the home owner who refuses to pay for the product. The back up from Sealoflex has been crap and so is the wear coat product. Has anyone else had these problems with the wear coat?????????????
Old 10-08-2008, 06:40 AM   #6
Pro

Trade: Roofer, Domains and Hosting
Rewards Points: 1,000

No problems. I don't use the stuff. Your results are about what I expect to see with canned products.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #7

Trade: residencial construction
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by plans examiner View Post
Hi I just had that crap put on my home. I am holding back $14,000.00 so I can reside my home with vinyl siding. What turned out to be just a salesman who did very little himself sub out everything to bunch of clowns who either broke or screwed up what ever they did. I have been on their butts for days to fix an correct stuff. It started to peal days after it was applied and the stucco panel has cracked after only 4 days. It isn't so flexible after all.

Plans Examiner
Ive used this product for along time the blissters are either moisture in the plywood or was not brushed down ived had it happen and had to cut ttem out till the fabric was stuck down then repatch and redo the top coat with no more problems

good luck
Old 01-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #8

Trade: residencial construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardobrien View Post
I laid a sealoflex system on some balconys and also laid the wear coat (granules) by there prefered method of chicken feeding the granules onto the clear glue. After about 2 weeks the wear coat started coming up in patch's. After contacting the Sealoflex tech he came down and re-applied the granules over the patch's to find weeks later they came up again. He took samples for lab test's but I've herd nothing. This was almost 2 years ago now and it's just got to court by the home owner who refuses to pay for the product. The back up from Sealoflex has been crap and so is the wear coat product. Has anyone else had these problems with the wear coat?????????????
Yes Ive had that but have found a method that works well after the whole system has been done but no granules try wearcoat with sand already mixed in then go to sherman williams and have a exterior latex mixed any color then roll on works well two coats no more problems
Old 01-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #9

Trade: General

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebo112 View Post

Thanks
Neil Wilson
Neil,
We have worked with Sealoflex products for years and never had problems until the last job we did. We applied a new roof system on a building and ran in to the exact same situation you wrote about above. I would like to know what ended up happening with your project/interaction with sealoflex. Please get in touch with me about this.

Thanks
Arix Zalace

Advertisement