Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Problems loading ContractorTalk.com?

4K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  dougchips 
#1 ·
I had a complaint (the second now) that the site was either responding slowly or was not responding. It seems fast to me but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with loading the site?

#14 ·
Sorry, but the issue has not been resolved yet.

It ends up the switch that the site is connected to is dropping packets for some reason which is causing the site to not load or load slowly.
I am working with the host to get this resolved and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Sorry for any problems you are having.

#15 ·
Hey Nathan,

It has been working fine for me until this past weekend, ever since it says "Error, cannot find site Contractortalk.com"

Sometimes it happens when I first click to load the site, other times it happens when I click to go to a thread..

Not sure if anyone else has this particular problem, but thought I would give a heads up.

#26 ·
Yea, but chances are the switch has somewhere between 20 and 348 ports on it and each port is server and each server can have hundreds of websites on it. If they swap it out they have to bring down and reconfigure every person on that switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.