Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Ohio

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  C.C.R. 
#1 ·
Hey, anyone from Ohio? The reason I ask is we're looking to relocate and Ohio is one state we're looking at. I'm thinking southern Ohio, near Cincinnati, but I'm wondering how the residential const. market is out there? What's the going rate for a carpenter with 18yrs. exp. I know the rural towns I looked at the homes were rediculous - 4br, 2bath, 1900sqft. set on 20 acres for 150k. :thumbsup: Here in MA. that might get you a run down shed:eek: Any info would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

#2 ·
I'm from the Toledo area. Our market is terrible. There is absolutely squat going up for new construction and remodeling is as close to dead as it gets. I haven't seen it this bad in a while.

I am not super familiar with southern Ohio, all I know is what I hear from others. I have worked for companies that bid jobs in Cinci but were continually underbid. I have heard that they have a very weak union presence which obviously drops wages substantially. But then again, that's just what I have heard.

#3 · (Edited)
Im from Cleveland, Ohio the market here is fine although its competitive as it is elsewhere. Cleveland was rated the worst economy in America and for the past several years and #6 worst polutated area in America I think New Jersey or Philly was #1.

Im sure all across Amercia its the same situation new construction is down. Im in the repaint business both residential and commercial, not much new constuction. Im sure it has to hurt for all new construction companies across the board right now no matter what region you are from.

In my opinion southern Ohio has moe new construction than northern, they have more room to work with. I here Columbus has been doing well as too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.