Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Most professional cell phone 'ring'?

7K views 41 replies 34 participants last post by  ACTRenovator 
#1 ·
How does your cell phone ring? Just some normal 'bell system' ring, music, song, etc.? Mine's just the a generic ring, but most of the time it's just on vibrate.

When sitting at the local lunch counters, inevidably other guys' cell phones will ring. Some of the rings are so wacky, juvanile, and profane, it troubles me. What do they do if they're with a customer and their phone rings like that?

What do you all use?

#3 ·
I use 50 Cent's "P.I.M.P" as my ringtone. The housewives love it. I have someone call me on purpose when I sitting with a housewife. It let's her know who's in charge and makes them fall in line.:)

Actually, generic ring and/or vibrate. I can't tolerate all the other BS. I'm just old and cranky I guess.

#37 ·
ROTFLMAO!!!

I use a regular ring tone and do not answer it while discussin business with a customer. I think that is rude. Sometimes I just leave the damn thing in the truck and actually get some work done.

#5 ·
Mine's on vibrate when in public places, so as not to disturb others. I keep in my front pants pocket.

You should see the look on peoples faces when it starts vibrating and I get a woody. Then I have to dig in my pocket to get the phone so I can answer it. People tend to get offended when they think I'm trying to please Mr. Happy right then & there!:eek:

#8 ·
Mine is just a boring ring. My husband is one of the one's with the juvenille ring tones! :laughing: He has a different one for each person- Napolean Dynamite saying, "Idiot" Disco for when I call! :laughing: and many others. I think his customers just think it's funny.

#9 ·
Ok, I must be really juevenile...lol Mine's set to "Money" by Pink Floyd for previous customer's numbers, any new call is "If You've Got the Money, I've Got the Time" by Hank Sr.

But in my defense, ANY time I am around a customer, it is set to silent/vibrate.

#12 ·
My Blackberry (which I don't like much) has a nice couple of vibrations and then if I haven't silenced it or answered it rings with the old classic from the original rotary dialed phones.

#15 ·
You mean there are people in this world that had never heard "Sweet Home Alabama" UNTIL the movie Con Air came out???

even more astounding ... you mean to say there are people in this world that actually MADE IT to the end of Con Air to be able to hear the song in the credits??

hahaha --- jk --- that was a good movie (the first 134 times I saw it :sad: )

#16 ·
WOW, you eat lunch? Must be nice
Trust me not by choice. It it was me I would just work right through the day without it. Its doctors orders. After I passed out a few times cause of not eating and blood sugar he said it was probably a good idea if I start eating a good lunch. There are still days that I just eat a huge breakfast and skip lunch.

#19 ·
I have mine on dual, vibe and ring. It'll vibrate for 4 rings then it will do a standard ring if I don't pick it up on vibrate. This is for the shop, so when I'm making noise I can feel the ring. I have the wifes cell on something else its called Toccata & Fugue. That way I know when she is calling.

#20 ·
My only claim to fame was when I bid (unsuccessfully) on a timber frame building for Lynyrd Skynyrd on a little island off the coast here. Loved their music, woulda been so cool to have built the building.

That reminds me, did build a cabinet for Gillian Anderson's little retreat on Denman Island right near me. (Ah, fame... anyone want my autograph?)

#24 ·
i have mine on a normal ring, except for the wifes cell and my house/office line coming in. those are set to "I walk the line" by johnny cash. i just got the real one on my phone, not the tones but it actually plays the words and everything. the real recording. i never knew my phone would do that.
i don't really work many jobs where the customers are home during the day, and for any meeting with a new customer or existing, my phone goes on vibrate only. or turned off.

#25 ·
I'm using "Beautiful Day" by U2. It's distinctive so I'm not reaching for my phone when other phones ring.

I think it's important to use a ring that puts a smile on your face, because the caller can HEAR you smiling.

#26 ·
My phone doesn't even have a regular phone ring, so I have mine set to the most normal of the ones the phone offers. I have some random people that I set to special rings when I first got the phone and was figuring out how to work it which are still set, but other than that, normal ring, and most of the time it's on vibrate.
One of my former bosses has Jeff Foxworthy acts as his ring tones. He also had that thing you can get from verizon where if you call them, it plays music until they answer.

#27 ·
I just replaced an employee who's ring tone was a song by Buckcherry called "Crazy *****"....upon ringing,the phone would scream the lyrics "Hey, you're crazy *****, but you f**k so good I'm on top of it"....Fortunately it never happened in front of a customer, but I chewed his ass anyway. I just got caught a few days ago saying the "F" word in front of a customer. I was in her garage looking for a tool I knew I had on sight, but couldnt find.....she happened to wander out there to check on her laundry right as I was asking my new employee "where the "F" is it....I felt like an ass and apologized to the lady.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.