Made In USA Product List

Old 10-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
Pro

Trade: Cabinet Maker
Rewards Points: 610

Made In USA Product List

If you've bought any Made in USA tools or supplies recently please share. I'd be especially interested in hearing about plumbing and electrical fixtures. Maybe we'll be able to save a few jobs.

Anything I list will be, to the best of my knowledge, Made or Assembled in USA by a US owned company unless otherwise noted. If you've had a bad experience with a product or company listed, please share your experience so maybe we can find a better option.

(This is a combined list between myself and all those that have posted. It is updated as I find them and as others post them.)

Air Compressors

Jenny Products: Hand Carry, Wheeled Portable and Stationary Compressors

PneuPower: The New Generation of Air Power Technology (Looks like they're going to have an interesting combination by the end of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews about it.)

Rolair Systems: Air Compressors (I'm unsure if all their stuff is made here.) (10/6/2013)

Boots/Shoes

Allegiance Footwear: 100% American made boots for farm, field, hunt, work and casual wear.

Danner: Boots (Some are imported but they're all marked on their website.) (12/9/2013)

EnerGel Insoles: Insoles (11/28/2013)

New Balance: Athletic Shoes (Not everything they make is made here but everything that is, is clearly marked on their web site.)

Red Wing Shoes: Work Boots (Not everything they make is made here but everything that is, is clearly marked on their web site.)

Union Boot Pro: Work and Uniform Boots (12/24/2012)

Weinbrenner Shoe Company: Work Boots and Shoes (Not everything they make is made here but everything that is, is clearly marked on their web site.)

Whites Boots: Work Boots

CABINET HARDWARE/SUPPLIES

Anne at Home: Decorative Hardware and Accessories

Blum: Undermount Drawer Slides (They aren't a US company and most of their stuff is not made here but, they are the only ones I know of that make undermount drawer slides here.)

Brusso:
Cabinet Hardware (2/24/2013)

Bumper Specialties, Inc: Self-Adhesive Polyurethane Bumper Feet (3/12/2012)

CCF Industries: Dovetail Drawer Boxes (They're 5 miles from my house so, I had to include them.)

Columbia Forest Products:
Hardwood plywood

Cool Components: Home Theater and Audio Video Cooling Solutions (I've used their Cabinet Vent package, HiFlo Lite Package, and Temp Controllers. I'd recommend the HiFlo package and temp controllers but I'm not a big fan of the Cabinet Vents, they don't move very much air.)

Fenix: Builders Hardware

Horton Brasses:
Authentic Reproduction Cabinet and Furniture Hardware (I use their stuff regularly. It's their hinges, handles, and bullet catches that I used on my entertainment center that I posted pictures of and their handles will be on my desk that I'm currently working on. They're also a first rate family owned company that's great to do business with.)

KV Manufacturing Company: Drawer slides, storage products, closet hardware. (Everything they make is not made in USA but 80% of their stuff is. One thing I know that is not made here is their MuV undermount slides, they are made in Taiwan. Every side mount slide I've ever bought from them are made in USA.)

KornerKing: Corner Cabinet Solutions (12/9/2013)

Notting Hill Decorative Hardware:
Decorative Hardware

Precision Casewerk: Handle and Shelf Drilling Jig. (Been using one for 5-6 years now and no complaints.)

Rocky Mountain Hardware: Door Hardware, Cabinet Hardware, Kitchen and Bath Accessories, etc.

Whitechapel Ltd.: Brass and Iron Furniture Hardware (Not everything is made here but they have country of origin marked for most items on their website.) (3/18/2013)

Youngdale MFG.: Cabinet Hinges (7/30/2012)

Clamps

Adjustable Clamp Company:
Just about any type of clamp you can think of. (I'm unsure if everything they make is made here put every pipe, bar, and spring clamp I've ever seen from them has been.)

Bowclamp: Clamping Cauls

Clam Clamp: Miter Clamps

Collins Tool Company: Miter Clamps, Bunny Plane, Coping Foot. (I'm a big fan of their miter clamps and coping foot. All made in Plain City, Ohio.)

Clothing

All American Clothing Co: Jeans, Shorts, Shirts (A fair amount of my clothes are from them and they're another first rate company.)

All USA Clothing: American Clothing for the American Worker

American Giant Clothing:
Sweatshirts, T-shirts, Polos and soon, Jackets (6/5/2012)

Bayside: Apparel and Headwear (I have a number of T-shirts from them and no complaints) (11/16/2012)

Camber Sportswear: Heavyweight Sweatshirts, T-shirts, and Active Clothing. (11/16/2012)

Carhartt: Work Wear (10/31/2012)

Darn Tough Vermont: All Weather Performance Socks (7/1/2013)

Holdup Suspender Company: Suspenders (11/26/2012)

Kellsport: Sweatshirts (12/29/2012)

Pointer Brand: High Back, Low Back and Carpenter Overalls, Carpenter Jeans, Blue Jeans, Coveralls, Hunting Clothes, Denim Jackets, Shorts and Shortalls for Adults and Children.

Round House: Overalls, Jeans, Aprons (5/12/2012)

Schaefer Ranchwear:
Jeans, Outerwear, Shirts (9/22/2012)

Shirts That Go: For the youngsters in your family.

Texas Jeans: Jeans (5/6/2012)

Vermont Flannel Company:
Flannel Shirts, Pants, Robes, Jackets, Pajamas (4/3/12)

Wigwam Mills: Performance Socks (I have several pair and would recommend them. 100% of everything they make is made here.) (12/24/2012)

Coffee

Bunn: Coffee Makers made in USA (Not all models are US made. The GRX, BX, or BTX models are US made.)

USA Coffee Company: 100% Pure Hawaiian Coffee

Drill Bits

American Made Drill Bits:
Twist Bits, Spade Bits, Auger Bits, Hole Saws, and Tap & Die Sets (3/12/2012)

Associated Industrial Distributers: Concrete/Masonry Hammer Bits and Chisels, Core Drills, Twist Bits, Glass and Tile bits, etc. (Not everything they sell is made in USA but everything they have that is made here is marked.)

Advantage Drills Inc.: All types of drill bits for wood, metal, masonry, etc.

Atlas Cutting Tools: Carbide, HSS, and Cobalt Cutting Tools (3/10/12)

Insty-Bit: Quick Change Chucks, Drill Adapters, Self Centering Bits. (Their Insty-Lok chuck is by far my favorite and use it instead of the one that came in the Snappy set.)

Kodiak Cutting Tools: HSS and Carbide Cutting Tools (I've used a number of their bits and would recommend them.)

LakeShore Carbide: End Mills and Countersinks (4/1/12)

Montana Brand:
Drill and Driver sets, Diamond Tile Bits, Plug Cutters (I have a set of their brad point drill bits and would recommend them.)

Norseman Drill & Tool: All Types of Drill Bits and Taps & Dies. (4/1/12)

RedLine Tools: Drills, Endmills, Threadmill, Tool Holders (3/10/12)

Snappy Tools:
Quick Change Chucks, Drill Adapters, Self Centering Bits. (McFeelys sells their different sets and I highly recommend them, I use them everyday.)

Titan USA: High Performance Cutting Tools (3/10/12)

Triumph Twist Drill:
Masonry, Tile, Glass, and Cobalt and HSS Twist Bits. Taps and Dies (3/14/2012)

Vix-Bits: Self Centering Bits (Hands down my favorite self centering bit) (4/1/12)

W.L. Fuller: Countersinks, Counterbores, Plug Cutters, Taper Point Drills, Brad Point Drills and Step Drills

Vacuums and Dust Collectors

CDC Larue Industries: Industrial Grade Vacuums and Dust Collection Equipment. (12/24/2012)

Clear Vue Cyclones: Cyclone Dust Collectors (5/4/2012)

Dustek: Dust Collectors (8/10/2013)

Dustless Technologies: Dust Collectors and Shop Vacuums.

Nordfab Ducting: Clamp-Together Ducting For Dust, Mist, Fume and Smoke Collection. (7/29/2012)

Oneida Air Systems: Dust Collectors and Ductwork

Shop-Vac: Shop Vacuums (I don't know if everything they make is made here but the vacs I've seen from them have been.)

Simplicity Vacuums: Uprights, Canisters, and Central Vacuums (9/10/2012)

Electrical

Coast Lamp Mfg.:
Table Lamps (7/26/2012)

Craftsman Outdoor Lighting:
Indoor and Outdoor Light Fixtures and Table Lamps. (7/26/2012)

Fluke: The vast majority/all of their multimeters are made in USA. Their clamp meters are not made here and you'd have to check on the rest, look for the Made in USA label on their product description on their web site.

Klien Tools: Electrical Tools (Not everything they make is made here but the majority of their stuff is.)

LEDnovation:
LED Light Bulbs (Majority of their stuff is designed and manufactured in the USA with their other products being designed and manufactured in North America.) (7/26/2012)

Leviton: Electrical Devices, Lighting Controls, and Network Solutions (Not everything they make is made here but Country of Origin is listed on their web site and they'll email you a list of all their Made in USA products if you ask.)

Schoolhouse Electric & Supply: Light Fixtures and Misc Other Items. (Most/all their light fixtures are made here but seems to be hit and miss on other items.) (7/1/2013)

Seatek Company: Armored Cable Cutters, Cable Strippers, Pliers

Sylvania: Only company left still making incandescent light bulbs in the US at their St Mary, PA factory. They however are currently a German company

US Wire & Cable For those looking for new extension cords, here's another one to try.

Fasteners

Automotive Racing Products: Automotive Fasteners (5/12/2012)

FastenMaster: Structural Fasteners (Not everything is made here but the vast majority is. Lok line products, Trapease, and Cortex are made here. The Guard Dog line is not made here. Any other products, you'll have to check with them.) (7/26/2012)

Halsteel: Collated Nails and Anchor Bolts

Maze Nails: Hand Driven and Gun Nails

MSC Industrial Supply Co: Screws, Bolts, Nuts, etc. (Just select the "Made in USA" brand as you select your type of fastener.)

Tremont Nail Company: Cut Nails

Flashlights, Work Lights, Extension Cords

Coleman Cable Inc:
Extension Cords (Not everything they make is made here but, best I can tell, their entire American Contractor line of extension cords are made here.)

Mag Lite: Flashlights

ProBuilt Professional Lighting:
Wobblelights (They sell other types of lights but I don't believe any of those are made here.)

Saf-T-Lite: Work Lights and Extension Cords

Gloves

North Star Glove Company: Work Gloves

Carolina Glove Company: Work Gloves

Hammers, Pry Bars, Nail Sets

Council Tool: Hammers, Axes, Forged Bars

Dalluge Tools: Hammers (They also have DA Bars and saws but they aren't made here.)

Dasco Pro: Pry Bars, Chisels, Punches, etc. (10/31/2012)

Douglas Tool: Framing and Finish Hammers

Enderes Tools: Screwdrivers, Chisels, Nail Sets, Mason Tools, etc. (8/2/2012)

Estwing: Hammers, Prybars, Axes (Not everything they make is made here but everything that is clearly marked on their web site.)

Hardcore Hammers: Hammers (9/10/2012)

Lixie: Industrial Striking Tools (12/24/2012)

Spring Tools: Nails Sets, Center Punch, Wood Chisels

Stanley:
Nail Sets

Vaughan Manufacturing:
Hammers and Prybars

High End Hand Tools

Blue Spruce Toolworks: Chisels, Marking Tools, Mallets, etc.

Bridge City Tool Works: Saws, Squares, Rulers, Planes, etc.

Chappell Universal Square & Rule Co.: Framing Squares and Center Rules

Lie-Nielsen Toolworks: Chisels, Planes, Saws, Scrapers, etc.

L.S. Starrett Company: Precision Tools, Gages and Instruments. (Not everything they make is made here but most stuff is. If you're looking for calipers, the 798 electronic and 120 dial calipers are US made and the 799 electronic and 1202 dial calipers are made in China.)

Hvac

Builders Best:
Dryer Venting, Bathroom Fan Venting, Fresh Air Venting and General Venting

Taco Inc: Heating System Products

Knives & Razor Blades

Buck Knives: Pocket Knives, Hunting Knives, Kitchen Knives (They had moved most of their manufacturing overseas but have started bringing it back in the last couple of years. Knives are marked in the product description if it is Made in USA.) (5/16/2012)

Kershaw Knives:
Knives (Not everything is made here but select the Made In USA box in the "Search By:" box.) (3/10/12)

Personna: Misc. Razor Blades (Their blue blades are made in USA but I believe the majority of their other stuff is imported.)

US Blade: Misc. Razor Blades and Knives (2/13/2013)

Ladders

Little Giant:
Home of the strongest, safest, most versatile ladders in the world.

Michigan Ladder Company: Step Ladders, Extension Ladders, and Articulating Ladders

Levels

Crick: Levels

Johnson Level & Tool:
Levels and Squares (Not everything they make is made here but, if you send them an email, they'll send you an excel spreadsheet of the 120 products they make here.)

Plum-It Inc: Extendable Levels

Pacific Laser Systems:
Laser Levels

Port Austin Level & Tool Manufacturing: Levels and Drywall Tools

Sand Level and Tool: Levels, Squares, Straight Edges, etc. (3/18/2013)

Smith Level Company: Hardwood Levels (9/22/2012)

Technidea Corporation: High Precision Pressurized Hydrostatic Altimeter (AKA a crazy precise water level) (2/24/2014)

Locks

Master Lock: Padlocks, Trailer Couplers, Lubricants (They had shipped a lot of jobs overseas but have been bringing them back the last couple of years.) (5/14/2012)

Wilson Bohannan Lock Company: Padlocks

List Continues in Post #3 ↓↓
I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country. ~ William McKinley

Last edited by Tinstaafl; 08-24-2014 at 12:11 AM.
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to J.C. For This Useful Post:
Acres (11-01-2011), aptpupil (10-31-2011), ArtisanRemod (01-29-2013), asbestos (06-06-2012), BigSherm (08-06-2014), Bone Saw (12-05-2011), carolinahandyma (05-14-2012), chuckdee (04-03-2012), Eaglei (09-16-2012), finakat (02-15-2012), Fishhook (02-11-2013), Frank Castle (02-08-2013), GRB (03-10-2012), J Paulsson (06-15-2014), JackP23 (01-13-2013), Jaws (09-16-2012), jb4211 (12-26-2011), Jeff1984 (12-23-2011), jhark123 (12-26-2011), JonDesignBuild (11-05-2011), Main Street (10-29-2011), martymc (09-04-2013), megsbows (01-18-2012), Metro M & L (10-29-2011), moorewarner (10-29-2011), Mr. Direct (05-23-2014), Nathan (05-14-2012), PA woodbutcher (10-29-2011), ProSweep (04-15-2014), Resta (05-05-2012), Rich D. (01-04-2012), RS Sam (10-29-2011), s.kelly (11-30-2011), skyhook (11-28-2011), straight line (06-02-2012), swartzj81 (01-24-2013), TAHomeRepairs (06-19-2012), TxElectrician (10-29-2011), wallmaxx (02-25-2013)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 10-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
The Duke

Rewards Points: 2,036

Re: Made In USA Product List

Lie-Nielsen: Woodworking Tools. Made in Maine

SalmonFallsCabinetry.com

Salmon Falls Cabinetry on Facebook
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kent Whitten For This Useful Post:
aptpupil (10-31-2011), J.C. (10-29-2011), PA woodbutcher (10-29-2011), Robie (12-25-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Pro

Machinery

Castle Inc.: Pocket Hole Machinery. (8/10/2013)

Eagle Machinery: They are pretty much the old Oliver. They also sell the new Oliver stuff but that's a different company and none of that stuff is made here.

Epilog Laser: Laser Engraving, Cutting, and Marking Machines. (8/10/2013)

Her-Saf Machinery: Panel Routers, Vacuum Clamps, Keyhole Machines (8/1/2012)

Northfield Woodworking Machinery: Industry quality woodworking machines.

Northwood Machine : CNC Routers and Machining Centers. (7/29/2012)

Original Saw Company: Radial Arm Saws and Beam Saws

PMK Machinery: Coping, Tenoning, and End-Matching Systems (8/26/2012)

Richline Machines: Mortise, Tenon, and Dovetail Machines (9/29/2012)

Ritter Manufacturing: Machinery for line drilling, frameless cabinetry system drilling, frameless cabinetry construction boring and assembly, traditional frame dowel boring and assembly, raised panel cabinet and architectural door and window machining and assembly, face frame pocket boring and assembly, edge sanding and profiling, drawer box boring and assembly, and specialty woodworking. (I'm not sure if everything they sell is made here.)

RouterCAD: CNC Router and Cabinet Design Software. (8/10/2013)

Safety Speed Cut:
Vertical Panel Saws, Panel Router, and Wide Belt Sander and Edge Banders.

Thermwood: CNC Routers

Unique Machine and Tool Co: Door Making Machines (11/3/2012)

Vega Enterprises: Lathes, Belt Sanders, Table Saw Fences, and Accessories. (8/2/2012)

Voorwood: Machinery for the Wood Products Industry. (8/26/2012)

Williams & Hussey Machine Co: Molders and Profile Knives (3/12/2012)

Woodmaster Tools:
Molder/Planers and Drum Sanders

Yates-American Machine Company:
Planer-Matchers, Double Rough-Surfacers, End Matchers, Rip Saws, Ggrinders, Tooling, Heads, Milled-to-Pattern Bits, Planer Knives, and other specialized woodworking tools. (I don't know if their stuff is made here or not but Warner says it is.)

Masonry Tools

Bon Tool: Asphalt, Concrete, Drywall, Flooring, and Siding Tools (Many of their products are made here but, not everything. Send them an email or call before you buy.) (6/11/2013)
Curry Tool Company: Brick, Cement, Drywall, and Plastering Tools (6/11/2013)

Inter-Tool: Saws and Polishers (Some of the power units are made in Germany.) (6/17/2013)

Kraft Tool Company: Trowel Trade Tools for concrete, masonry, drywall, plaster, asphalt and tile professionals

Marshalltown Company:
Premium Quality Trowels

Trow & Holden: Stone Cutting Tools

Mechanics Tools

Armstrong: Industrial Hand Tools

Bondhus Tools: Screw Drivers, Nut Drivers, Allen Wrenchs, etc. (3/14/2012)

Channel Lock: Pliers & Wrenches all made in Meadville, PA
(Their screwdrivers and nutdrivers are made in China)

Craftsman: Not everything they sell is made here but the majority of their hand tools are.

LoggerHead Tools:
Bionic Wrench, Bit Dr, Bionic Grip

Snap On: Not everything they make is made here but they do give the country of origin of their products on their web site.

Wright Tool: Mechanics Tools

Misc. Tools and Other Items

Alberene Soapstone: Soapstone tiles, pavers, slabs, and blocks quarried in Virginia. (It's my understanding that it is the only open soapstone quarry left in the USA. I've also recently bought a couple slabs off of them and would highly recommend them.) On Edit: At this point, I will have to pull my recommendation for them. I have a second job for them and at this point their customer service seems to be non existent.

Classic Engineering: Boring Jig Kits for Doors (1/26/2013)

Cell Pig: Their Cell Helmet cell phone case is made right down the road from me. (7/26/2012)

Chattahoochee Pencil: Carpenter Pencils, Standard Pencils, and The Marking Tool. (4/3/12)

Dryer Wall Vent: Premium Grade Vent Closure (12/23/2013)

General Pencil Company: Pencils (10/6/2012)

Hide A Horse: Folding Saw Horses (3/10/12)

Magna-Lite: Magnifying Glasses (5/17/2012)

Motorola MotoX: Cell Phone (10/6/2013)

Midwest Tool & Cutlery Co.: Snips, Fence Tools, and Siding and Gutter Tools

Panda Pencil: Pencils

PDY Systems: Tool Organization System (4/21/12)

ProKnee: Knee Pads (I don't own any but from other threads posted here, they're suppose to be one of the best knee pads you can buy.) (4/15/12)

Ram Board: Temporary Floor Protection (3/13/2012)

Shingle Eater: Roof Stripping Tools (10/6/2012)

Super Anchor Safety: Safety Harnesses, Anchors, Lanyards (Not everything they make is made here but their Deluxe Tool Bag Harnesses, CRA Anchors, Lanyards, Shock Absorbers, and some of their RS and ARS anchors are made here. You'll have to double check with them on their other items) (5/18/2012)

Templaco Tools: Router Jigs, Door Tools, Door Lock Installation Kits (1/27/2013)

ThermaSol: Steam Shower Generators. (Look for the Made in USA label) (4/1/12)

Tiger Brand Jack Post: Jack Posts and Window Wells (6/10/2013)

Tool Hangers Unlimited: Tool Hangers For Your Saws, Nailguns and Other Tools (6/11/2013)

Ultra Alumium Mfg.: Fencing, Railings, Gates (5/14/2012)

Painting

C.A. Technologies: Paint Equipment and High Performance Spray Guns (9/10/2012)

Corona Brushes: Paint Brushes, Roller Covers, etc. (I'm not sure if everything they make is made here but, it looks as though at least the majority is.) (2/12/2013)

Purdy: Paint Brushes, Roller Covers, etc. (I'm not sure if everything they make is made here but, every paint brush and roller cover I've ever got from them has been Made in USA.) (9/10/2012)

Wooster Brush Company: Paint Brushes, Roller Covers, etc. (I'm not sure if everything they make is made here but, every paint brush and roller cover I've ever got from them has been Made in USA.) (9/10/2012)

Plumbing

Apollo Valves: Valves

American Standard: Plumbing Fixtures (Not everything is Made in USA but, products made here are marked.)

Bradford White: Water Heaters (6/11/2013)

Brass Craft: gas connectors, appliance connectors, water connectors and water stops

Crane Plumbing:
Plumbing Fixtures (Not everything is Made in USA but, products made here are marked.)

Fernco: Flexible Couplings and Innovative Plumbing and Drainage Solutions (7/26/2012)

Gilman Corporation:
Pipe Insulation and Maritime Related Products (8/2/2012)

Mansfield Plumbing: Plumbing Fixtures (Not everything is Made in USA but, products made here are marked. They are also no longer a US owned company.)

Superior Tool: Plumbing Tools

Watermark Designs: Luxury Kitchen and Bathroom Faucets, Showers, Lighting and Hardware (9/22/2012)

Power Tools

Darex: Commercial and Consumer Sharpening Products aka Drill Doctor and Work Sharp (All their products are assembled in Oregon) (3/20/2012)

DeWalt: Cordless Power Tools, Hand Tools and Accessories (Looks like the power tools are only assembled here as of right now but at least it's a step in the right direction) (11/14/2013)

DynaBrade: Air Sanders and Grinders

Foredom Electric Co.: Flexible Shaft Rotary Power Tools

Hougen Manufacturing: Annular Cutters, Portable Magnetic Drills, Electro-hydraulic Hole Punchers and Accessories

MK Diamond Products: Equipment For Cutting, Coring, and Polishing Masonry, Tile, and Stone. (Not all their products are made here so look for the Made in USA label on their web site.) (3/19/2012)

Router Bits, Saw Blades, Shaper Cutters, and Other Misc. Tooling

Byrd Tool Corp: Moulder heads, Shaper heads, Shelix cutter heads, etc. (They're shelix cutter heads are also awesome. I'd highly recommend anything from them.)

Carolina Specialty Tools: Cutters, Insert Tools, Carbide Tip Tools, and Router Bits.(4/1/12)

Eagle America: All their "Eagle Bits" are made in USA. Their "Pricecutter Bits" are made in Taiwan.

Freeborn Tool: High Quality Shaper Cutters.

Forrest Manufacturing Company: High Quality Saw Blades This looks to be a good place to buy them: ForrestSawBladesOnline

H3D Tool Corp.: High Definition Diamond, Carbide, and Insert Tooling (8/26/2012)

Imperial Blades: Blades for popular multi tools. (I have no personal experience with their blades but they were rated average in the Fine Homebuilding blade review.)

Integra Precision Tooling: Router Bits, Insert Tooling, Saw Blades (Some of their stuff is made in Germany but it's marked on their web site.) (4/24/2012)

Jesada Tools: Router Bits, Saw Blades. (4/3/12)

Lenox: Band Saw, Reciprocating Saw, Jig Saw Blades. They also make hole saws and some hand tools. (I'm not sure if they make everything here but everything I've seen has been.)

Luxite Saw: Circular Saw Blades

M.K. Morse Company: Saw Blades, Holes Saws, and Drill Bits

Multiblades: After Market Blades for Oscillating Multi-Tools (8/9/2012)

Nordic Saw & Tool Inc. Saw Blades, Router Bits, Shaper Cutters, Drills/Countersinks (2/24/2013)

Olson Saw: Band and Scroll Saw Blades (I've never bought anything from them but I hear 90% of their products are made here.)

Ridge Carbide Tool Company:
Saw Blades, Router Bits, Custom Tooling (I've never bought anything from them but I hear 90% of their products are made here.)

Riverside Tool Corp.: Diamond Tooling, Insert Tooling, Router Bits, Spiral Cutters (8/26/2012)

Schmidt: Woodworking Tooling for Shapers, Moulders, Tenoners, Planers, Routers, Saws, etc. (8/26/2012)

Toolco Industrial Corp.: Router Bits (4/1/12)

Velepec Cutting Tools: Solid Surface Cutting Tools and other misc. router bits. (4/17/12)

Vortex Tool Company: High Performance Router and Insert Cutting Tools

Whiteside Machine Co: Arguably the best router bits you can buy.

Tape Measures

U.S. Tape: Tape Measures (Not all their stuff is made here but they have their US made stuff marked on their web site.)

Stanley:
Their 16'X1" 33-516 PowerLock Tape is made here. I'm unsure about most of the rest but I know their 16'X3/4" 33-116 is not made here.

Tile and Flooring

Daltile: Porcelain, Ceramic, Stone Tiles and Slabs (They do have one factory in Mexico but their other 7 are located here) (3/19/2012)

Mapei: Flooring Installation Products (They have several manufacturing plants in the US but I'm unsure exactly what products they make in them. They are an Italian Company) (3/14/2012)

Noble Company: Sheet Membranes & Shower Installation Products for Tile & Stone.

Ragno: Porcelain, Glass, and Glazed Tile (They have at least one manufacturing plant here in the US but I'm unsure if everything they sell here is made here. They are an Italian Company) (10/31/2012)

Tool Accessories

Accurate Technology Inc: Digital Stop & Fence Systems, Tool Setters, and QC Systems.

Incra: Fences, Jigs, Rules, and other Precise Woodworking Tools

Kreg Tool: Kreg Jigs, Deck Jigs, Precision Routing Systems, Klamp Components. Not everything they sell is still made here but most stuff is.

LeeCraft Zero Clearance Inserts: Phenolic Table Saw Inserts

Tigerstop: Automated Saw Fences (10/6/2013)

Woodhaven: Misc Router and Shop Accessories

Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools:
Misc Router and Shop Accessories. (I've bought several things from them in the last few months and would highly recommend them. High quality products and nice to do business with.)

Tool Belts & Hand Bags

Diamond Back:
Tool Belts

Occidental Leather: Tool Belts, Bags, and Vests

Super Pouch: Innovative Ideas in Organizers (3/10/12)

Vehicle Related Products

American Auto Racks: Ladder Racks, Shelving Units, Van Partitions, etc. (3/25/2013)

Brake Performance: Brake Rotors and Pads (I believe they could possibly be the last place still making brake rotors here in the USA. I haven't bought anything from them yet but they will be where my next rotors come from.) (3/25/2013)

Hook-Um Dano: Ladder Locks, Truck Racks, Ladder Racks (3/10/12)

NHTSA: American Automobile Labeling Act Reports (3/3/2014)

Saver Automotive Products:
Wiper Blades (They manufacturer the GoodYear branded wiper blades) (3/1/2014)

Tow a Bin: Trash Can Towing Bracket (5/21/2012)

WeatherTech: Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Window Deflectors (3/25/3013)

Welding

Hypertherm: Metal Cutting Products (7/3/2013)

Smith Equipment: Cutting and Welding Equipment (5/30/2012)

Yard Tools

Bully Tools: Gardening, Lawn, Roofing, Flooring and Agricultural Tools

List Continues in Post #12
I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country. ~ William McKinley

Last edited by J.C.; 03-07-2014 at 07:40 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to J.C. For This Useful Post:
aptpupil (08-13-2014), J Paulsson (06-15-2014), martymc (09-04-2013), moorewarner (10-09-2012), PA woodbutcher (10-29-2011), ProSweep (04-15-2014), swartzj81 (01-24-2013), tenon0774 (03-04-2013)
Old 10-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
;-p

Trade: I do that too!
Rewards Points: 2,748

Plumb It levels made in Tucson Arizona.
http://www.plumb-it.com/extendables.html
J.C. (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
Pro

Trade: Bricklayer
Rewards Points: 588

IMO the finest level made. Crick levels made in TX.

http://www.cricktool.com/

W.Rose masonry tools. They have been bought out by Kraft Tool. But anything I have bought recently still says USA.

http://www.krafttool.com/default.aspx

Last edited by NJ Brickie; 10-31-2011 at 08:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJ Brickie For This Useful Post:
Brickprick (01-26-2013), J.C. (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
Nail-Bender

Trade: Carpenter
Rewards Points: 2,020

Occidentals are, aren't they?

Viking tool belts made in Canada, Im pretty sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brutus For This Useful Post:
J.C. (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
Pro

Trade: Home Framing- Roof Stacking
Rewards Points: 2,696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
Occidentals are, aren't they?

Viking tool belts made in Canada, Im pretty sure.
Made in Canada is a good title for a new thread Hey Brutus why don't you spear head that for us
JonDesignBuild (11-05-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
Nail-Bender

Trade: Carpenter
Rewards Points: 2,020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywhiteboy View Post
Made in Canada is a good title for a new thread Hey Brutus why don't you spear head that for us
Maybe I'll do a bit of research...

There's a website dedicated to that,

http://www.buycanadianfirst.ca/index.php

Last edited by Brutus; 10-29-2011 at 03:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brutus For This Useful Post:
J.C. (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
Painting & Remodeling

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 502

Good thread, I hope it stays updated.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Pro

Trade: Stonemasonry
Rewards Points: 1,784

Quality stoneworking tools http://www.trowandholden.com/

Stone Soup Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to stonecutter For This Useful Post:
J.C. (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
;-p

Trade: I do that too!
Rewards Points: 2,748

I was made in the U.S.

Does that count?
Old 10-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #12
Pro

Misc. Buy American Web Sites

Americans Working: (10/6/2013)

American Made Everything: (5/17/2012)

America's Business to Consumer Incorporated (5/4/2012)

Ameriloop: It's a social insourcing community (7/1/2013)

An American Footprint: (5/16/2012)

Buy American Mart (5/4/2012)

Buy American Project (9/29/2012)

BuyDirect USA (10/13/2012)

Harry J. Epstein Co (1/26/2013)

Hometown USA Stores (7/26/2012)

How Americans Can Buy American (5/4/2012)

I Only Buy American (5/4/2012)

It's Made Right Here (5/21/2012)

Made in America Store (5/5/2012)

Made in USA Certified (5/9/2012)

Made in USA Forever
(5/16/2012)

Made in the USA Products Directory (5/4/2012)

Still Made in USA (5/4/2012)

The All American Home (9/17/2012)

Wood Machinery Manufacturers of America (8/26/2012)

Last edited by J.C.; 03-01-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #13
Pro

Trade: Design/Build Remodeler
Rewards Points: 1,652

My Toyota Tundra was built in the USA Does that count?

Da Vinci on the web or Da Vinci On Facebook
Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
Pro

Trade: Exiled For Life
Rewards Points: 2,000

Klien Tools www.kleintools.com

General Tools and Instruments http://www.generaltools.com/

Vaughan http://www.vaughanmfg.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to JustaFramer For This Useful Post:
J.C. (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #15
Pro

Trade: Carpentry / General Contractor
Rewards Points: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Bridge City Tool Works: Woodworking Tools

Sylvania: Only company left still making incandescent light bulbs in the US at their St Mary, PA factory. They however are currently a German company.
At one time Sylvania had 4 factories in my town. Now they have just 1 building, and I think it's for research/corporate offices. There's a lot of ex-workers who are just a couple of years older than me, who had to make major life changes when they lost their jobs there. Some never recovered and lost everything. I know some who had both spouses working there. They had high paying, specialized jobs that don't exist anywhere else. Then they had to start over in their early 50's - 60's. I feel real bad for anyone who gave their job 100% only to be fazed out by "share holder pressure" I just hope it doesn't get worse.

MagLite Flashlights = USA
Stiletto Hammers = USA?
There's a lot of building products made here. Just wish more tools were

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPCarpentry For This Useful Post:
J.C. (10-29-2011), THINKPAINTING (10-31-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #16
Pro

Trade: Remodeling
Rewards Points: 1,000

http://www.estwing.com/about_us.php
When you rob Peter to pay Paul, chances are pretty good you will receive Paul's vote. Apparently the object of the game is to create more Pauls than Peters....What happens when the Peters can no longer support the Pauls? .
The Following User Says Thank You to PA woodbutcher For This Useful Post:
J.C. (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #17
I like Green things

Trade: Custom Carpentry Services
Rewards Points: 5,384

Does all my old stuff count?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiadecks View Post
I don't normally talk to people like I talk to you, however you have the little immature schoolgirl mentality so this is new to me.
Warner Remodeling
Old 10-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #18
Pro

Trade: Female Electrician
Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
I just heard Whirlpool is laying off 5000 people worldwide and closing their factory is Fort Smith, Ark. That one factory employed 1800 people.

After seeing the previous post about the builder building the Made in USA house and the list of products he used, I thought we could make our own list. So, if you've bought any Made in USA tools or supplies recently please share. I'd be especially interested in hearing about plumbing and electrical fixtures. Maybe we'll be able to save a few jobs.

Anything I list will be, to the best of my knowledge, Made or Assembled in USA by a US owned company unless otherwise noted. If you've had a bad experience with a product or company listed, please share your experience so maybe we can find a better option.

CABINET HARDWARE/SUPPLIES

Columbia Forest Products:
Hardwood plywood

Horton Brasses:
Authentic Reproduction Cabinet and Furniture Hardware

KV Manufacturing Company: Drawer slides, storage products, closet hardware. Everything they make is not made in USA but 80% of their stuff is. One thing I know that is not made here is their MuV undermount slides, they are made in Taiwan. Every side mount slide I've ever bought from them are made in USA.

Drill Bits

W.L. Fuller:
Countersinks, Counterbores, Plug Cutters, Taper Point Drills, Brad Point Drills and Step Drills

Kodiak Cutting Tools: HSS and Carbide Cutting Tools

Montana Brand:
Drill and Driver sets, Diamond Tile Bits, Plug Cutters

Snappy Tools:
Quick Change Chucks, Drill Adapters, Self Centering Bits. McFeelys sells their different sets and I highly recommend them, I uses them everyday.

Insty-Bit:
Quick Change Chucks, Drill Adapters, Self Centering Bits. Their Insty-Lok chuck is by far my favorite and use it instead of the one that came in the Snappy set.

SDS Drill Bits: SDS Masonry Drill Bits

Router Bits and Router Accessories

Eagle America: All their "Eagle Bits" are made in USA. Their "Pricecutter Bits" are made in Twain.

Whiteside Machine Co: Arguably the best router bits you can buy.

Freeborn Tool:
High Quality Shaper Cutters.

Woodhaven:
Misc Router and Shop Accessories

Woodpeckers Precision Woodworking Tools:
Misc Router and Shop Accessories.

Saw Blades

Forrest Manufacturing Company:
High Quality Saw Blades

Imperial Blades: Blades for popular multi tools. I have no personal experience with their blades but they were rated average in the Fine Homebuilding blade review.

I think this is a good start and I'll post more later.

I have a cousin that lives near Evansville, IN. Whirlpool closed a huge plant there a few years ago to take the jobs away from Americans. It makes me PO'd!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #19
The Remodeler

Trade: Home Remodeler
Rewards Points: 708

Taco heating system products... Based in Rhode Island, manufactured in Mass.

www.taco-hvac.com

Long Island Remodeling Contractor
The Following User Says Thank You to Splinter For This Useful Post:
J.C. (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #20
The Remodeler

Trade: Home Remodeler
Rewards Points: 708

Forgot about www.insula-dome.com

InsulaDome skylights, made here on Long Island. They sell 'em at all the local HD's, not sure if they're nationwide yet.

Long Island Remodeling Contractor
The Following User Says Thank You to Splinter For This Useful Post:
J.C. (10-29-2011)

Tags
made in usa