How Much Does A Lift Of Plywood Weigh?

Old 03-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Box Builder

Trade: Pretty much anything with wood and some metals
Rewards Points: 2,446

How Much Does A Lift Of Plywood Weigh?

Let's say 1/2" cdx. Or a better question- how many sheets of 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" are in a lift of ply?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Commercial Contractor

Trade: Commercial General Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,000
Send a message via AIM to Mud Master

Re: How Much Does A Lift Of Plywood Weigh?

I believe there are roughly 48 sheets in a lift of 1/2", depending on manufacture can be as much as 52, and one supplier does units of 75.

A sheet of 4x8 1/2" is about 50 pounds, so a lift/unit would weigh roughly 2400lbs. If you get a lift of 75 it would be closer to 3750lbs. All A-C.

I've never seen a lift/unit of 3/4 be anymore than 50.

Again, it depends on the manufacturer. A lift/unit of 4x8 HDO for forming I get 66 sheets a lift.

Last edited by Mud Master; 03-19-2012 at 01:00 AM.