Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Construction Coaches for Homeowners

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Deadhead Derek 
#1 ·
Just when you thought it could not get any worse or is this a great idea for handyman retired contractors??

Homeowners can hire a construction coach to help them with a DIY project

http://www.constructioncoachesny.com/

#4 ·
I think it is a unique marketing idea.

Once they gain the homeowners trust and the home owner realizes that they are in over their head, they have an instant trusted relationship to acquire the project and they even probably assisted in skewing the specifications towards the type of products and work that they do.

Now, if the home owner chooses anybody else, they are behind the specification 8-Ball and the friendly trusted coach can jump in, plus they have earned their appropriate fees up to that point.

Also, once the home owner realizes that the fees getting added into the project would offset the cost of just hiring the right company to do the job, they now already have the door wide opened for them for that service, without the coaching fee.

Ed

#6 · (Edited)
I think it is a unique marketing idea.

Once they gain the homeowners trust and the home owner realizes that they are in over their head, they have an instant trusted relationship to acquire the project and they even probably assisted in skewing the specifications towards the type of products and work that they do.

Ed
The name Silvertree comes to mind...................

EDIT: Post Fart! See post above!!!

#8 ·
This all originally comes from a post about that company on JLC about that same coaching company.

I think it is a great way to gain their confidence.

It has worked well for years for Tinner, with his Rent-A-Roofer site.

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.