California Codes

Old 11-29-2017, 05:52 AM   #1
Pro

Trade: Builder
Rewards Points: 1,632

California Codes

We have a condo in Chula Vista, CA. My step son who lives there is complaining that it seems hot inside the condo. He lives on the second floor with the garage below. What is he code for insulation in California? Would the outside walls of the garage be required to be insulated? What about the ceiling/floor between the house and the garage? If we contacted the local building department would they be able to tell us what the prints specified?

Thanks!

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2017, 12:19 AM   #2
ChrisRigginsConst

Trade: Remodeling Contractor
Rewards Points: 84

Re: California Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Johnson View Post
We have a condo in Chula Vista, CA. My step son who lives there is complaining that it seems hot inside the condo. He lives on the second floor with the garage below. What is he code for insulation in California? Would the outside walls of the garage be required to be insulated? What about the ceiling/floor between the house and the garage? If we contacted the local building department would they be able to tell us what the prints specified?

Thanks!
No, garage wall are not insulated except for the demising walls between the house and garage.

The lid of the garage also gets insulation if it seperates an upper living area

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2017, 05:47 AM   #3
Pro

Trade: Builder
Rewards Points: 1,632

Re: California Codes

Thanks for your response.