Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Anyone else disgusted with Granicrete

14K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  bishopyoder 
#1 ·
I'm a licensed contractor and can't stand some of the companies I deal with... here's the latest from a company called GranicreteDoes anyone have experience with Granicrete International Headquarters? I hope someone can change my opinion of them. I paid my $800 for two workshops from the San Diego Distributor at the time. Part of the money I paid for my training provided me with online access to what they call the Granicrete "U" which is a backend site for installers to chat, etc (and it says it in the manual I received) Recently the San Diego distributor started carrying another product and discontinued Granicrete. I purchased product from the distributor at the time so had some materials to do a few small jobs for friends and family. Recently I couldn't get access to the U. I emailed and called Granicrete headquarters and was informed by Marc Winkelman (Granicrete CEO) that my privileges were revoked since I hadn't ordered any material from Granicrete. I said that I didn't have any jobs and was going to drive to Riverside to buy it from the Granicrete distributor there. Marc indicated to me that he would sell it to me cheaper than Riverside distributor would....My first red flag that they would try to take a sale from one of their own distributors. He indicated that it would save me time driving up there...it's only 45 minutes away so it wasn't that big of a deal. I explained that I hadn't had any jobs so didn't need any material but was trying to sell it seeing my primary business is landscaping. Well, to say the least we emailed back and forth and Marc Winkelman indicated that I wouldn't ever have access and he told me to go buy product from the San Diego distributor who apparently has better product than Granicrete. I am irate that someone would treat a customer like this and apparently I am not the only one with these type of response from them. I’m going to ask them for half of my training money back seeing I was promised online access with the training and now that has been denied. It has also been relayed to me that no one would be surprised if Granicrete posted on here and attempted to make it my fault some how. I’ll post the email string if you wish.

See less See more
#3 ·
Pizza

Mason,

I understand you may take things like this lighthearted but don't you think it's good to have it out there so that others don't lose money? I'm not looking for a legal investigation....just some input if others have had similar issues.

Enjoy your pizza, your 9 super big gulps (diet of course) and the box of twinkies sitting next to your 25 empty McDonald's bags in your truck.

#6 ·
Mason,

I understand you may take things like this lighthearted but don't you think it's good to have it out there so that others don't lose money? I'm not looking for a legal investigation....just some input if others have had similar issues.

Enjoy your pizza, your 9 super big gulps (diet of course) and the box of twinkies sitting next to your 25 empty McDonald's bags in your truck.
im just poking fun at the situation to maybe lighten your mood. everyone loses money, its apart of owning a business.

i will enjoy my pizza, unfortunately i wont have a big gulp which im pretty mad about. im too fat and lazy to go to 7-11 to get one, so i'll have to settle for a can of non diet coke. honestly im not a fan of twinkies, or mcdonalds. perhaps i can share a slice of pizza? or maybe you could call me, and vent to me on the phone? you seem to be very high strung and that is just darn right unsafe to be working, in the frame of mind you're in.

#4 ·
Sorry bishop but this is contractor talk, not really contractor complaints. I'm sorry about your situation but it's odd that for your first post, you come here and bash a company. We don't know who you are. You haven't contributed to anything yet. It's hard to take you seriously at this point.

I get what you're trying to do and that you feel wronged. Unfortunately this is not the way or place to go about it.

Good luck with your situation.

#10 ·
Hey bishop, I moved your last post since it had a whole lot of private information in there. Nothing personal. Trying to protect both parties of interest in this. I understand your frustration, however, like angus stated, coming here and starting in with complaints about a company smells of competitor bashing.

Whether it is or not, I have to do some moderating on what you posted since we don't know you very well. I hope you see our side of the view on this and stick around. Soon you'll be answering "tree fiddy" to n00bs

#11 ·
I understand, no hard feelings. As you can imagine, getting taken for over $500 for a training course and then the access you paid is revoked because you didn't place an order and give them more money ( of which isn't written anywhere). Then when you ask for a refund or at least half it falls on deaf ears. I'll stick around, I have alot of experience in the concrete and landscaping industry.

Take care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.