Content Writing Options For Website Pages

Old 03-06-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
Trade: contractor marketing, website education & strategy
Rewards Points: 2,936

Content Writing Options For Website Pages

Hi all,

I do a tremendous amount of content writing, but I personally stick to the content writing for the premium projects my clients do. As I work with more website companies and individual website programmers, I find many time there is a backlog when it comes to creating unique web page content, or many time the web pages look so cookie-cutter oriented.

I enjoy when new website marketing customers are able to take a moment and write just a little about their specific services. I then am able to amplify those words with all the Marketing and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) topics. The customer's involvement allows a website to be unique and personalized.

Unfortunately not everyone is comfortable writing, sometimes the folk just do not have the time to do the writing. I have been researching some content writing companies and am curious if anyone has experience with them, or any others to throw into the mix.

I have no experience with these companies other than me hiring individual content writers, but I want to expand my portfolio of options.

One option is called
They offer options based on word count pricing, from 4 cents to 10 cents a word depending on the ratings of the writers. I took a few random pages from client sites and came up with 500 words as an average. I then selected the 8 cents a word option and can see $40 for a service page being very fair. Only limitation I see trying this option is the $39 month access fee, but that is relatively low if you need some assistance creating pages for a new site as well as having someone write the content every month or two or three as time progress.

Another option is
They are just a little more expensive and a 400 word page is priced at $65. No monthly fees from what I can see.

And a last option I found is but the pricing is just too high to even consider since it seems they have a minimum fixed price of $260 per page up to 750 words. Maybe they are good, but I do not see that being a reasonable option for our industry.

Anyone have comments on Content Writing either by themselves, hiring others or using their website companies? And if you have used another business or person related to this industry, please share whatever you feel can be competitive to the above. Thanks.
Helping contractors find work with website marketing education & strategy planning
The Following User Says Thank You to MOTB For This Useful Post:
Rio (03-09-2018)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 03-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
Trade: roofer
Rewards Points: 106

Re: Content Writing Options For Website Pages

Ho hum.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:17 AM   #3
Kitchen Cabinets and Tile
Trade: Kitchen Cabinets, Countertops, Tile
Rewards Points: 56

Re: Content Writing Options For Website Pages

I don't like writing either, but I like writing bullet points. So, if your clients aren't comfortable coming up with full sentences, maybe you can suggest bullet points. I guess they can be helpful, or at least better than nothing. On another note, we tried with writers on one writing platform, but that didn't go well. Keyword research was crucial and these writers are not skilled for that part. So we hired an internet marketing agency and our website ranks much better then before.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomeArt For This Useful Post:
MOTB (03-09-2018), Rio (03-09-2018)