Houzz Pro+ Program

Old 02-04-2018, 02:38 AM   #1

Trade: Builder/Developer
Rewards Points: 34

Houzz Pro+ Program

Does anybody have any experience with the Houzz Pro+ program? In August or September, we signed up for a year with Houzz. So far it hasn't led to any jobs. We do get leads.

I'm also not a huge fan of the way Houzz sets up phone calls. They've assigned us a Houzz phone number. When somebody submits an inquiry on Houzz, it seems to automatically calls us, asks us to press a button, then tries calling the other person. Initially this was jarring for us, because we thought a potential client was calling, when we in fact were calling the client, and they were confused. The same thing happens when somebody calls the number forced on our Houzz profile, so there is really no way to tell if Houzz is trying to autodial a client for us or somebody just called the number on our Houzz profile. An immediate phone call to a potential client seems a bit intrusive seconds after hitting submit on a form.

Anyhow, I'd love to hear about people's experiences with Houzz, and in particular Pro+. Was it worth it? Did you get any jobs? Are you going to renew?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2018, 05:48 AM   #2
Kitchen Cabinets NJ

Trade: Kitchen Cabinets
Rewards Points: 522

Re: Houzz Pro+ Program

Hi, Brian! We didn't use the Houzz Pro+ program yet but we use Houzz to showcase our projects and to participate in conversations. We also receive some reviews there and we get leads occasionally. This part of their service works just as we expected it to work.

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #3

Trade: design/build
Rewards Points: 46

My guess would be that Houzz set up this auto-call feature so that they can better track the volume of project inquiries that Pros are getting (in the same way that Houzz already tracks inquiries Pros receive by email, since these all come via Houzz intermediation). But this must be a feature only of Pro+ accounts - I only have a free Houzz page and any phone calls I receive come directly from potential clients. Another reason not to sign up for Pro+ in my opinion!

With a good organic page on Houzz one can do very well. I just added up the Houzz project inquiries I've received to February 17 this year: 20 by email/5 by phone which equates to about 190 annually. But I am in a major metropolitan market which really helps.

Old 02-19-2018, 05:58 AM   #4

Trade: Builder/Developer
Rewards Points: 34

Thanks for the feedback. I think that we're going to ditch our paid Houzz subscription at the end of our one year term. As custom builders, it seems that we get most of our business through personal recommendations, or real estate agents and architects. It's worth participating on Houzz, but in my opinion we've gotten nothing out of the Pro+ program. My guess is that a lot of the kitchen and bath guys would get a lot out of Houzz, but when building a house most people are probably going to gravitate towards the contractors suggested by their architect, rather than calling names they found on Houzz.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:26 AM   #5
New Guy

Trade: Structural Glazing
Rewards Points: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2 View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I think that we're going to ditch our paid Houzz subscription at the end of our one year term. As custom builders, it seems that we get most of our business through personal recommendations, or real estate agents and architects. It's worth participating on Houzz, but in my opinion we've gotten nothing out of the Pro+ program. My guess is that a lot of the kitchen and bath guys would get a lot out of Houzz, but when building a house most people are probably going to gravitate towards the contractors suggested by their architect, rather than calling names they found on Houzz.
Hi Brian,

I know it's been a little while since you posted this - hope you're doing well (and might have even managed to land a job via Houzz since then?)

This is an interesting debate, but ultimately these platforms tend to be very hit and miss - they can often rely on a 'snowball' effect to generate leads (with particular projects/features generating more interest than others), but this is always out of your hands, so isn't necessarily reliable.

You make a great point about the value of participating on Houzz, but choosing to ditch the Pro+ platform sounds like it might be the right choice in this case - fingers crossed for you that something comes in before your year's term ends!

All the best
Old 04-19-2018, 01:16 PM   #6
Pro

Trade: Workaholic
Rewards Points: 882

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2 View Post
Does anybody have any experience with the Houzz Pro+ program? In August or September, we signed up for a year with Houzz. So far it hasn't led to any jobs. We do get leads.

I'm also not a huge fan of the way Houzz sets up phone calls. They've assigned us a Houzz phone number. When somebody submits an inquiry on Houzz, it seems to automatically calls us, asks us to press a button, then tries calling the other person. Initially this was jarring for us, because we thought a potential client was calling, when we in fact were calling the client, and they were confused. The same thing happens when somebody calls the number forced on our Houzz profile, so there is really no way to tell if Houzz is trying to autodial a client for us or somebody just called the number on our Houzz profile. An immediate phone call to a potential client seems a bit intrusive seconds after hitting submit on a form.

Anyhow, I'd love to hear about people's experiences with Houzz, and in particular Pro+. Was it worth it? Did you get any jobs? Are you going to renew?
I'm guessing you pay for the leads right now?

Advertisement