Where To Advertise In CT

Old 03-27-2007, 07:08 AM   #1
Trade: AA Remodeling
Rewards Points: 10

Where To Advertise In CT

Hi everybody.
We moved from Arizona to CT and started to run the home improvement, remodeling business here, too. The problem is, things are completely different from Phoenix. Contractors are busy, but we are new and word of the mouth does not work yet and I don't know where to advertise. It seems that newspaper ads do not work. Where do contractors advertise in CT?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 03-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
Trade: Swimming Pool Contractor
Rewards Points: 1,008

Re: Where To Advertise In CT

have a portfolio?
coming so far, I would suggest subbing for smaller remodelers at first. since your old jobs are across the nation, references from your old distributors may come in handy. CT is a funny state. where in CT?

Old 03-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
Trade: AA Remodeling

We live not far from Farmington, but since in Phoenix we did jobs whithin 2 hours' drive, we don't midn working anywhere. It just makes me feel like people are suspicious and do not even call. Talked to contractors and they say they never advertise, it's all word of the mouth. Yes, I understand. But how can I open that word of the mouth?)
Thanks anyway
Old 03-28-2007, 08:19 AM   #4
Trade: TILE!
Rewards Points: 1,060

You wont find answers to marketing questions in the flooring section.
But there is an abundance of info in the marketing and sales section and the business section of this forum.

on any relocation, i think your best bet is getting sub work from other guys while working on getting your name out there (biz cards, flyers, door hangers, home depot prowls)

You gotta just shut your computer down, get off your butt, get out there and hunt.
Matt Cupan TileWorks:
Bathroom remodeling & custom tile projects for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, southern New Hampshire and Union County, North Carolina.
(978) 476-0662 | cupantile@gmail.com
Old 04-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
Trade: Finish Carpenter

I may be in need of a flooring man for a job in Glastonbury kitchen. Please contact me at ruoccom687@yahoo.com. My name is Michael Ruocco, and my company is M R Helping Hand LLC. I'm based in South Windsor. If nothing else, I would like to have a contact for flooring as I am a finish carpenter primarily, but have been getting leads and appointments for bathrooms and kitchens. Looks like a lot of people are getting ready to sell their home or just got their income tax and want to spruce up a bit. I look forward to speaking with you.